Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LOOKING FOR SHORT FILM TITLE

Thanks for the great list and website.

I remember watching this show on Saturdays whenever I could!

I was looking for a film that doesn't appear on this list. I thought the film I was looking for was shown on this television show.

Does anyone remember a children's film about a little boy who has the magical ability to turn stuffed animals into real animals? I seem to remember he turns a toy stuffed animal dog into a real dog and a stuffed animal bear into a real bear. I also remember the bear wore special "skates" on his feet and he waxed the floor of the hallway as the bear danced.

If anyone has any info about this I would appreciate it. I was born in 1966 and lived in Miami, Florida, so I think I would have seen it on television in the late 1960s or early 1970s.

Thanks - JON TEBOE

Re: LOOKING FOR SHORT FILM TITLE

Coincidentally, I was trying to remember the name of this film tonight. I saw it also in the late '60s/early '70s. I seem to remember that when the stuffed toys were placed on the ground, they turned into real animals. And one of the toy animals was oddly colored, maybe pink, or had dots. And when it came to life, it was pink or whatever. I also remember something about a woman painting an eye on the side of a wall or building, and the eye blinked. I've been searching Google for hours trying to find the title of this short film.

Yep - it is the same title I have been searching for. I do remember the parts now that you write about. Placing them on the ground made them turn into real animals AND the oddly colored animal. If you ever figure it out, I'd love to know. It is funny the things we remember as little kids!

I remembered it once a year or two ago but have forgotten. I watched it on YouTube. I've tried all sorts of search terms on Google, but haven't had any success finding it again.

---

Hi Jon,

I saw your question on the IMDB board and figured you might have asked it here. After reading your descriptions, I am fairly sure that you are actualy remembering two different films (both Czech and broadcast on the Festival in 1974) as one. "Lucy and the Miracles" aka "Lucie a zázraky" has the stuffed animals that turn real when placed on the ground. Kal remembered a woman painting an eye on the side of a wall or building, and the eye blinking; that's also in Lucy and the Miracles.

The other film is "Six Bears and a Clown" aka "Sest medvedu s Cibulkou", and that one has the bears wearing floor scrubbers on their feet and using them to wax the floor. I believe both of them are available on Youtube in their entirety under their original Czech names. It's funny how we recall childhood memories as adults. I'm not surprised that you might have combined those two in particular, they have a similar "feel".

Re: LOOKING FOR SHORT FILM TITLE - THANKS PHIL

THANKS PHIL - I THINK YOU ARE 100% CORRECT ABOUT BOTH FILMS!!!

I FOUND THE COMPLETE FILM ABOUT THE CIRCUS BEARS ON YOUTUBE. AND I DEFINITELY REMEMBER SOME OF IT, THE HALLWAYS, THE BEARS, THE FOAM, THE SKATING!

I ONLY FOUND A FEW SHORT CLIPS (NOT THE ENTIRE FILM) OF "LUCY AND THE MIRACLE" - BUT SOME OF THE IMAGES OF THE CLIPS I REMEMBER FORM 1974! LIKE THE GIRL AND THE STUFFED DOG TURNING INTO A REAL DOG, THE JAIL CELL AND THE PAINTER GUY USING HIS SPECIAL PAINT TO BREAK INTO THE CELL AND CREATE A DOOR IN THE WALL!

SO COOL, THAT YOU FIGURED IT OUT FOR ME! I JUST REALIZED, IT'S BEEN FORTY YEARS SINCE I SAW THESE FILMS! YEP, FUNNY WHAT WE REMEMBER AS KIDS! THE 1970s WERE GREAT FOR KIDS!

THANKS AGAIN!

JON