Return to Website

The CBS Children's Film Festival

Share your thoughts, info and questions on CCFF films.

For a complete list and description of every film shown,
with info on those available for purchase or download,
click on the CCFF logo at left.

But be sure and search the Forum before you post -
your answer may already be here!

The CBS Children's Film Festival
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hand in Hand

I must add myself to this gathering of people who like me, were profoundly moved by the films of the Children's Film Festival. I would love to find some of these films, especially Hand in Hand. I remember several scenes in it which were so generously infused with the adventures of their explorations. Should anyoe find this one Pleeeeeease let me know.

Re: Hand in Hand

I would love to receive a copy of Hand and Hand. I have been searching for this movie for a long time. Please contact me if you know where I can get a copy or if you are willing to send me one.

I would love to surprise my sister with a copy of Hand in Hand. She saw it as a child and has been wanting a copy for years. Please let me know how I can obtain a copy of it. Thanks!!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE ARE VIDEOS AVAILABLE FOR HAND IN HAND? IT WAS MY FAVORITE MOVIE IN MY CHILDHOOD. THANKS

For everyone asking for this film: read the earlier notes in this thread to see how to get a copy.

Barbara;

I tried replying to your message using your E-mail address (bsbny@erols.com), but my message was returned. I have the film 'Hand-in-Hand'. I got it a little over a month ago. If you would like a copy, just E-mail me at DanielEr7@netzero.com. Daniel.

Re: Re: Hand in Hand

Finally another person obtained a copy of Hand in Hand. I have been deluged with e-mails from people for the last 2 years asking how to get this film and since I do not have another VCR I was not letting it out of my sight. It took me at least 20 years to find out the name of the movie and then to get a copy. I know how it feels to put closure to something that made such an impact in my life. The same for the copy of J.T. that I bought along with the book and the Skinny and Fatty VHS tape. These three were treasures to me and always will be.

I'm so glad to see I'm not alone - I loved the festival - I've longed to see Hand in Hand again for years!

I also would love a copy of Hand in Hand please contact me as to my address ect.
A zillon times thank you.

Anyone who wants a copy of this film should read Reed Birney's note at the top of this thread and email him.

Reed, if you read this, I would love a copy of Hand In Hand. Has many have written, this movie has had a profound impact on me, since childhood.Would love to re visit it again! Thank you for your time. :-)

As I said in the note before yours, read Reed Birney's note above (the 2nd note in this thread) for info on how to get a copy.

I'd like to buy a copy of "Hand in Hand". If anyone is willing to make me a copy email me at ksdaddy@yahoo.com.

New Air Dates & VHS/DVD Releases

You are invited to join the new CBS Children's Film Festival E-mail List. This is the place to post and obtain news of any of these wonderful films being released on VHS or DVD. This is also the place to post and obtain news of any of these films being re-aired so that those of us who wish may view them again and/or tape them. An e-mail list such as this will allow you to get this information immediately via e-mail (before the film airs) without having to keep checking back at this forum. Here are the links to the new CBS Children's Film Festival e-mail list:

Here's the link to the website:
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/CBS_Childrens_Film_Festival/

To Subscribe send and e-mail to:
CBS_Childrens_Film_Festival-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To Unsubscribe send and e-mail to:
CBS_Childrens_Film_Festival-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

To send an E-mail to the List Owner:
CBS_Childrens_Film_Festival-owner@yahoogroups.com

Purpose of New List:

This group was created for those of us who grew up watching the CBS Children's Film Festival which aired on Saturday mornings from 1967 - 1977. The show was hosted by Kukla, Fran and Ollie, (two puppets and an actress/comedian) who introduced the films and made occasional comments during the commercial breaks and at the end. This program was dearly loved by many of us who grew up in the 1960s and 1970s. The international films shown on this program touched many of us through the lessons they taught about life and different cultures. This is the place to reconcile those old memories by discussing these films. You are encouraged to ask and answer questions about the films you remember. Additionally, this is the place to post and obtain news of any of these films being released on VHS or DVD. This is also the place to post and obtain news of any of these films being re-aired so that those of us who wish may view them again and/or tape them. When you join please tell us which ones you remember, what you liked most about them, and any lessons about life which you learned from them.

Blessings,
Rez

I'd love to have a VHS or DVD copy of "Hand in Hand" and I'm willing to pay well for it. Please e-mail me at: rogercounce@hotmail.com

Date Posted: Jan 10, 02 - 6:36 PM

Email: reconepau@yahoo.com

I actually taped Hand in Hand off of Cinemax many years ago. I still have the tape. Let me know your name and address and I'll send a copy to you. It was sweet, wasn't it. All best, Reed Birney

I loved the children's film festival. My favorite was Skinny and Fatty, and I also loved The Red Balloon. I don't remember Hand in Hand. Can someone give me a short synopsis on that one?? Thanks.

To Barbara:

Did you ever get your copy of "Hand in Hand?"

Roger

To bhunter:

"Hand in Hand" is a 72-minute 1960 British black-and-white film whose theme is religious tolerance. Two 7-year-olds, Michael, a Catholic, and Rachel, a Jew, find friendship and happily encounter each other's religions. The story begins with Michael believing that he's responsible for Rachel's death in a drowning accident, and ending in his discovery that she's alive and well, after all. In between, he relates to his parish priest who Rachel is and how their relationship developed. Part of the background is the friendship between Michael's priest and Rachel's rabbi, the subtle intolerance of the parents, and the blatant intolerance of other children.

To All:

Thanks to the kind efforts of 2 fellows connected with this website named Phil and Reed, I now have copies of "Hand in Hand" both on VHS and on DVD, and I'd be happy to share these with anyone who wants a copy. Contact me directly at rogercounce@hotmail.com and I'll give you my postal mailing address here in Seoul, Korea.

See my other "Hand in Hand" post for info on how to get a copy!

Mark

If anyone is interested, I do have Hand In Hand on DVD and am willing to make copies for anyone that would like one. The quality and sound of the movie are very good, considering that it is more than 45 years old.

I came to the Kukla Fran and Ollie site just to find this movie. I never thought I would ever find the name of it. I saw it many, many years ago, and I have never forgotten it.