​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Dublin RTE Concert

Thanks for the Dublin photos in Latest News Joan. I love those expressions!

Thank you to everyone who have added their reviews and musings over Dublin. I feel very remiss not having said anything, even though I was there.

I can only echo what everyone else has said. Lee was stunning. I have never, ever heard him sing so well. I think we all waited with baited breath for Bring Him Home - I know I did. From the very first note, he had it spot on, and I sat with my hands up to my face trying not to embarrass myself with crying (that song does it for me every time, regardless who is singing it), and only just averted full blown blubbing at the end!

At the signing afterwards, Lee said how great the audience had been. I asked him if he could actually see us, and he replied that usually he could see the first two or three rows, but when he gets into a song he doesn't see anyone as he's focussing on that, and then snaps back into reality 3 or 4 seconds after it ends. We could certainly see that at Dublin.

It was lovely to see Niall from Wicked in the foyer before the show. He recognised lots of us and was happy to chat - and introduce his date for the evening, his mum! She was lovely, too, and was an avid Lee fan, having voted for him back in ADWD days.

Thanks ALiz. I was really interested to hear that about Lee focussing on the songs. I think we'd come to that conclsion already but to hear that he said that confirms it.

How lovely about Niall's mum too

Ro has updated the Timeline with an extensive review and some clips! Thanks, Ro!

http://leemead-timeline.co.uk/files/events/dublin31mar11/setlist.html

Thanks PKP & Ro. I'll have to save this for when I have more time so that I can give it my full attention!

Thanks to Ro! I can listen on my iPod now!!!

1 2