General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
A whole month of WEM concerts!!

Here's the link to buy tickets:

WEM tickets

At the Vaudeville theatre from May 25th to June 22nd.

Prices are on a par with West End theatre ticket prices though.
But, for now, the bonus seems to be that it's just Lee? With Kerry Ellis. I say for now because West End MEN normally means more than one!!!

Re: A whole month of WEM concerts!!

Now that IS exciting news!!!!
Thanks Kirsten.

I've just done some phoning round and I can confirm that the link that Kirsten put up is the best ticket site. They are the only ones that have front row seats although they are £68.00 until you get to row C which then the price changes to £49.50. They are the most reasonable for the availability.

Aside from speculating who the other Men will be, among the numerous twitter sites promoting the show I noticed a tweet from @brianmaycom saying Kerry Ellis will be performing "on selected performances". I had a look at Kerry's website, and she is booked for other things for the last two weeks - so I wonder which lady will be the guest for the rest of the shows?

For once happy to have a non-front row seat!
That's a lot of money for what is essentially a concert ticket. They put it in a west end theatre and then charge west end prices.
It's not a musical, it's not acting per se....... I am just a little surprised.

Kirsten

But, for now, the bonus seems to be that it's just Lee? With Kerry Ellis. I say for now because West End MEN normally means more than one!!!

I think they could get away with charging more for just Lee! Still, that's fab news. Plus he'll get to be at home instead of touring, which is great for him.

Ramin might be able to do 1 or 2 weeks of that but not the whole run (he's got gigs in the U.S. and Japan that conflict with some of the WEM dates).

Then maybe the only reason why Lee is mentioned now is because he is the only constant; the only one who is in it for the whole run.
The other two west end men will be variable!

Lucky us!!

Absolutely delighted about this news, great for Lee being back in the
West End.

Perhaps this will hopefully make the trolls on Mail_Online bite
their tongues after saying Lee hasn't done anything since Joseph.

There is a lovely article printed today by Official London Theatre
regarding Lee and The West End Men.

I Quote:

Following a UK Tour last summer, The West End Men will finally reach
their spiritual home when Lee Mead leads a strictly limited run of the
theatrical concert at the Vaudeville Theatre later this year alongside
special guest Kerry Ellis.

Mead, who appeared in the last year's UK tour of The West End Men
alongside Stephen Rahman_Hughes & Matt Rawle, has more than earned his
leading man status since winning BBC's talent search series Any Dream
Will Do in 2007. After his TV-won leading roll Joseph And The Amazing
Technicolour Dreamcoat, Mead went on to play Fiyero in Wicked and star
in Legally Blonde the Musical, as well as turning to drama to lead the
cast of a national tour of Lord Arthur Savil's Crime.

Mead's career as a singer and recording artist also led him to perform at
high_profile concerts including Andrew Lloyd Webber's 60th birthday
celebrations concert in Hyde Park, tour with his own band and release three solo albums.

Exciting news! It'll be good to see Lee back in the West End.

I don't think Ramin will be part of WEM this time as he will be fairly busy with own concerts in the US and Japan. Stephen Rahman-Hughes might still be part of the line-up - it could perhaps depend on the outcome of his recent audition for a BBC movie that he mentioned on Twitter? I'm not sure what Matt Rawle is doing so he could be back too. They'll have to finalise casting soon as 25 May isn't too far away - rehearsals must be starting soonish!

The tickets aren't cheap but the prices seem to be par for the course in the West End where rents are high. I seem to remember that most of the stalls and the dress circle were £65 for Lee's Christmas concert at the Coliseum a couple of years ago. At least the Vaudeville Theatre is only small/medium-sized so the cheaper seats should still have a decent view and not be too far from the stage.

It could be worse - prices for Barbara Streisend's upcoming concert at the O2 start at £65 (+ booking fee) for the nosebleed seats where you'll need binoculars to spot her on stage and the top price seats (most of the ground floor) are £450 (+ £21 booking fee per ticket)

A month's run means that my visit can be tailored around pay days! I'm happy. It'd be even better if the concerts could include Ramin, who I'd like to see in concert, but that would be a bonus.

There's a brief little teaser video up at the West End Men website, but go to youtube for the bigger HD version:

http://youtu.be/2LP-EkZQNvo

WEM website is here:
http://www.thewestendmen.com/index.html

Very nice!

I know I must sound thick but will there be three WEM only it only has Lee's name up at the moment,I know they had three last year

Acer, Lee's Facebook page actually explains:

"Just to clarify - Milton Morrissey will announce the other two West End Men in due course (and we will get that news to you as soon as we hear it ourselves). Ramin is unlikely to be part of the West End run unfortunately as he has his own tour in the USA at about the same time."

Thank you A/Liz I haven't been in facebook today,shame about Ramin but I am sure it will be someone nice

Tickets for June 7th safely at AR Towers!

No ticket on its way to Panic Hovel - I'll be picking it up at the theatre. My sister booked for me and chose this option, probably because it's the cheapest. I'm just grateful to have a ticket booked, so thanks to Our Janet. I'll look out for anybody who's going on June 1st!

Its Fantastic news that Lee will be doing the WEM concerts in the West End,
but why do they have to have a FEMALE guest? (nothing against Kerry Ellis by the way) after all it is named WEM, wondered that for along time now, just thought i would voice my opinion, anybody think the same?

Its possible that the 'other' WEM maybe someone like Daniel, Lewis or Ben as they have been WEM at times!

Oh don't say that!!! I don't mind Daniel but not the other two

I am with you Acer, don't mind Daniel, but no, definately not the other two for this type of show. They will definately be howling wolves!!!

So agree after Ramin and Stephen !!!!

Suejo, I think it's pretty standard to have a guest artist of the opposite sex, in order to do duets and include other numbers that work better with a female voice. Everybody seems to do it, even for solo concerts. It makes sense also if the numbers are grouped together by show, so you get Wicked's ALAYM and Defying Gravity. I suppose they could have one of the guys singing DF, too! Stephen sang it recently at a concert in Asia.

As for the other WEM, I can see Daniel fitting in, he's got the chops for it (if not quite the look), but not Ben or Lewis. If Stephen, Matt and Ramin aren't available, how about Michael Xavier or Paul Spicer?

I saw a tweet from Stephenrahman_Hughes a few days ago to
Kerry Ellis saying he hoped to see her soon, whether that
is a connection to WEM, maybe.

I wonder if, when Kerry Ellis is not available as the female
guest, they may ask Joanna Amphil, she was the female singer
with WEM at the Singapore concert. I personally would
love to hear her sing with Lee, they seemed to get on well
in Singapore and she is now in the UK. Lee met up with her
a while ago if I remember rightly.

I suspect they'll go with men who have a similar WE pedigree to Lee and the other WEM. Daniel would be a good fit, but I can't see them getting Ben or Lewis, especially given the vocal demands of the WEM programme (how long is it since Lewis performed onstage...as far as I'm aware, he did't do panto at Christmas and spent part of last year doing a hairdressing course) and the ticket pricing.

Unless Joanna Ampil comes in for a week during her hols, she'll be on the UK Cats tour until the end of the summer. Louise is still in Wicked. Maybe Rachel?

Rachel, that would be wonderful.

I see all the information for the WEM Concerts at the
Vaudeville Theatre have now been put on Lee's Website.

It was mentioned its pretty standard to have a guest artist of the opposite sex on shows. If you look back on the WEM -Jersey show last year, the female guest sang about 8 times, either solo or a duet, i just feel i would be a little dissapointed in paying the money to see Lee & Co, at these concerts, in this incidence, particularly when they include songs of Lees, like for instance "Painted Black"- when only he can nail it.

A welcome return to the west end; good luck for this project Lee!

Suejo, I think Kerry had only 3 solos and 1 duet with Lee, and then took part in 3 of the group numbers. In the case of Kerry, I think she was considered the #2 attraction as far as selling seats, so I'm not surprised she had so many solos. She and Lee were the biggest names in that WEM lineup. When it was Ashleigh in the lineup, she got only 2 solos, 1 duet and 3 of the group numbers.

I don't think the show would suffer if they stuck with just the 3 Men plus the choir, but it's impossible to please everyone -- I think most Lee fans would prefer more Lee in the mix!

Quote: PKP

I don't think the Show would suffer with just the 3 men, plus the choir, but its impossible to please everyone-
I think most Lee fans would prefer more Lee in the mix."

PKP- your spot on with what you said above.

For me (not that i can go to them as i am a international fan as you know)
i would not like the guest star singing too many songs, when there is Lee to look at & Listen to.

Don't know if it is true but just seen on twitter that the other two WEM are Stephen and Matt Willis,I don't know much about Matt except that he is from Busted

Acer, Matt Willis also played Fiyero

Here is the official announcement:

More West End Men

There are more West End Men, David Thaxton and Glenn Carter. It would seem that some of them are interchangeable - "for selected performances".

Thanks A/Liz what are David and Glen like ashamed to say I don't know them

I was a bit quick there just read the above WEM,I have never heard them sing though heard Matt on youtube,I guess they will be good seeing the shows they have been in,so you won't know who will be singing till you see the show,unless they will be saying who is on and when

David Thaxton was Enjolras the first time I ever saw Les Mis. I saw Matt as Fiyero - not a patch on our boy, of course. I don't know Glenn Carter at all, I'm araid.

Glenn Carter? He was in the original London cast of Jersey Boys, but he's been working in theatre for a long time! He did JCS in the WE and Broadway and he's in one of the film versions of JCS (in 2000 as Jesus).

http://www.glenncarter.com/home.shtml

I must have seen him in JB then! Wouldn't have seen him in the others.

Interesting.

Matt Willis

LINKY THING

David Thaxton (as Enjolras in Les Mis)

LINKY THING

Glen Carter

LINKY THING

I'm sure David Thaxton and Glenn Carter will be good. Matt Willis, erm, hmmm -- that should be interesting.

Thank you Ladies,I like David and Glen very much,have to agree with PKP about Matt

Interesting list of people. Matt Willis won I'm a Celebrity Get Me out of Here the year Jason Donovan was in it. He's got quite a large fan base and I think he will get on very well with Lee. He seems quite a nice person.

I saw Matt as Fiyero. He can't dance for toffee, and his singing is much 'rockier' than you would expect for the role, but I much preferred him to Mark Evans, who took over from Lee, as I thought he had a certain charm. He was a pop star, after all, in Busted.

http://www.westendframe.com/2013/04/TheWestEndMen-more-casting.html

OK, I've been trying to sort out who will be appearing when from the drip-feed of information on Lee's FB page. My understanding (not claiming that this is accurate, of course!) is:

- Lee and Matt Willis will be appearing at all WEM shows (health permitting)

- Glenn Carter will appear with Lee and Matt for the first two weeks of the run

- Stephen Rahman-Hughes will appear with Lee and Matt for the last two weeks of the run

- David Thaxton was originally going to be an understudy for the others but it has now been decided to include him in the show as well - so presumably he will appearing at all shows

- Kerry Ellis will be 'special guest' at all the shows up to 15 June.

I wonder if this means that they are still to add a female guest for last week of the show or will the WEM just manage without a guest?

For anyone booking tickets for WEM, you might be interested in this announcement on the Nimax Theatres site:

Post show Q and A's with members of the cast will take place every Monday during the run. To ask a question visit the West End Men Facebook page and submit a message.

http://www.facebook.com/TheWestEndMen

Two members of the cast will be in attendance at these events which will last for approx. 30 minutes. Questions selected at random.

Interesting!

Thanks, Greycat!

I think you've got the various lineups right, as far as they've made it known. I expect there will be another leading lady to replace Kerry for the last week.

The Q&A thing sounds like fun.

I saw Glenn Carter years ago in Whistle Down the Wind and was captivated by his performance, ditto he was a mesmerising Jesus in JC Superstar, which was at Wimbledon theatre,on tour either before or after it had been in the W.End.I imagine he can only be an asset to WEM!

For anyone who hasn't bought their WEM tickets yet - or might be interested in buying more - Ro has found a 2 for 1 offer:

"2 for 1 deal for WEM at Nimax - just enter code 2for1 in the promo box, gives you top price Stalls (not premium) for £23.75 plus booking fee. Valid 28 May to 13 June currently."

http://www.nimaxtheatres.com/vaudeville-theatre/the_west_end_men

Can others please tell me whether their tickets have arrived- I booked them about 11 days ago and no sign!! Am already annoyed that I missed out on the 2 for 1 offer,which I think must have been operational when I booked,but they didn't tell me! (I saw the posting on here about it,hours later.) Don't fancy spending 5p a minute hanging on to Nimax, if it's just a case of their not having sent anyone's out yet. Thanks a lot and see you there; I am in row B of UC on 4th June. (Stalls would have been so much better but I know I'll have a great night anyway!!).

1 2