​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Lee Gigs at The Pheasantry, London, 14-17 August 2013

The Official FB page has announced Lee's next venture!

"We are over the moon to let you know that Lee will be appearing at The Pheasantry in the King's Road, Chelsea, London from 14-17 August (Wednesday night til Saturday night inclusive). This is an 80 seater venue (cabaret style tables) so if you are all able to go together or separately you will have a brilliant time. Number to call from today is 08456027017 booking line! Doors open 7pm but the show does not start until 8.45pm! Appearing with Lee will be the lovely Ashleigh Gray (who was in WEM for one night and is superb), Mason Neeley MD and the very talented Will Stuart (also from WEM)."

Tickets are apparently on sale from Friday 12 July.

As well as phoning the booking line number above, you can order tickets on-line at The Pheasantry's website (Lee's gigs are not yet up on the site but should hopefully be there soon):

http://www.pizzaexpresslive.com/popList.aspx

Re: Lee Gigs at The Pheasantry, London, 14-17 August 2013

Oops - sorry to duplicate Jan's thread!

That's OK Greycat. Your post goes into more detail than mine.

Thanks Jan!

UPDATE!

Apparently if you phone NOW you can book in advance. The website is likely to go live from 5pm this evening and on sale to the general public as well:

Booking line: 0845 6027017

Great to hear that booking for the 14-17 August gigs has been going so well that a fifth date of Monday 19 August may be added! May be on sale tomorrow according to FB.

Glad to hear it, but is anybody really surprised? He's rather popular, I hear! But seriously, what a cool treat for the core fandom.

One o'clock in the morning and I've just logged on for the first time in several days- has anyone booked The Pheasantry yet and do you have a rough idea of the finishing time,please? Am worried I might miss last train back!! When looking online, it only offers you the Friday,perhaps because the other nights are full?

Any information welcome- I read a review by someone who saw Kerry Ellis at the Pheasantry this year and they said it's a real privilege to hear artistes in such an intimate setting. I wonder how strict the 'Smart Casual' dress code is, too?

YASue,on Lee's site, when you click on August 14 a link appears with the other dates. You have to click the link and then you are on the website scroll down to Lee's dates. I think its going to be 2 hrs. to 2 l/4. A great many have already booked.

If you look at Lee's website you can now see individual links for all the Pheasantry dates.

Re: Lee Gigs at The Pheasantry, London, 14-19 August 2013

Tickets for the additional date - Monday 19 August - are now on sale:

http://pizzaexpresslive.co.uk/popBook.aspx?showId=3b3dc6ae-f9fb-4314-9e5a-6f72c1f63283&showDateId=6637

Just copying Badedruby's post across from the Lovelees site in case anyone hasn't seen it (or FB):

"On the OLM FB page, there is a post asking how many of us are going to the opening night as apparently Lee has asked to know! If you are there on the Wednesday night and you have access to Facebook, can you post on the thread here ... https://www.facebook.com/OfficiallyLeeMead/posts/542326765815568 ... so that his agents can let him know numbers. Sounds like it might be worth your while! Wink"

Intriguing!!

Can't go first night, but am going later on ....

He does very well to get bookings in such a trendy area..Good Luck Lee!

Im going on the 19th can't wait; )

And it's here

For everyone going tonight, have a great time and make sure Lee knows how much we appreciate him!

Ditto - I'm sure you will show him how much we care! I will be there in spirit! Looking forward to the reviews of this week, ladies! Xx

To Lee & Friends - Good Luck!

To everyone going - Enjoy!

Raise the roof for him, ladies!

what PKP said!

We did :)

One word - FABULOUS!!!!

So pleased to hear it is going so well; Lee needs this!

Lee was absolutely brilliant, really enjoyed Ashleigh too, seems such a nice lady. Lovely little intimate venue, and for those yet to go, it's very hot in there, and I'm not just talking about the room either

Good to hear that the first night went well!

Lee looked stunning last night . He sang a mix of old favourites and new songs (ie new that we haven't heard him sing before, as opposed new that he'd written) and was in great voice and very chatty.

After the show, we were able to stay behind in the bar, where Lee was happy to have photos taken and chat to us all. Much more civilised that the usual draughty stage door that we are used to!

If anyone is wondering about table allocation, they have a list of who is attending, then when they've checked you in they take you to a table, therefore no flailing elbows or wild stampede !!!

Glad everyone who went had a great time. I'm going on Saturday with a couple of good friends who are also Lee fans.Can I just ask about eating there. Do you eat upstairs in the restaurant and then go down to the room where he performs and just have drinks I presume. If anyone ate there, do you have to book?
Thanks Deanna

Deanna, I think you have to book in advance but could probably chance your luck at a space when you get there. Last night was virtually full so I'd advise you to book.

You are allowed downstairs at 7pm (its a private function room) and you are shown to your tables as Liz said and you eat there before the music starts.

While we were queueing on the stairs to be seated yesterday, Lee came out after a soundcheck/rehearsal and said hello as he came past us.

Hi Deanna. If you have booked for the show, you're automatically booked in the downstairs restaurant where the show takes place. You just tell them when you arrive that you're there for the show. If you're in by 7.00, all the plates are cleared away by the time Lee comes on. If you're later than that, it's fine, too, as they keep serving food and drinks.

If you arrive before 7.00 you can have drinks upstairs or outside while you wait.

Sorry I've just read that back. If you already have your ticket to see Lee then your table is reserved for you. You eat and pay in the same room before the show.

Hehe he commented on how small the place was and said that usually when he looks up, he looks at a balcony but this time there was just a wall...with 2 cracks in it haha.....and 'that' wall is only a few metres away!

Thanks so much for the information, really looking forward to the show - cannot wait.

Thank you ladies for report,did Lee look well? it sounded like a great night

Here's how he looked, Acer .....

https://twitter.com/shazziew/status/367818089947099136/photo/1

Posted on Twitter by a fan who was at the show.

Not bad!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies for your report and information.
Really looking forward to Monday night.

It's good to see Lee looking so well. It sounds like a wonderful night and I'm glad you raised the roof for him.

Just sitting having a coffee and reading the comments
from last night really pleased and big sigh of relief he did well
did anyone pass on our love and support to him glad you all had a
good time luv Mazzax

acer he looked amazing.

No hint of any worries but what I will say is that all his songs were so deep. He was living all of them and the words were so fitting for things that have happened recently. The song he dedicated to Betsy was beautifully sung and with such feeling. She is obviously the light of his life right now.
He was relaxed and chatty afterwards but had been nervous at the beginning, hardly surprising. It still didn't hinder him, his voice was tip top.

He wasn't wearing his wedding ring.

Thank you A/Liz for pic he looks gorgeous and a bit sunburn't,thank you Jazzy for info,could I ask which song he dedeicated to Betsy?

Thank for the reports everyone

So glad it all went well for Lee. I plan to be there tomorrow night - if my somewhat tight travel plans work out OK!

Just wondering - did anyone ask Lee (or the Eclipse team) about whether he is doing the cruise with WEM? Not that I'm planning to book a cruise or anything - just being nosy!

acer he dedicated Here comes the Sun to Betsy.

And he definitely wasn't sunburned. I don't remember the red but he might have been hot! Well he was actually hot!

Thank you Jazzy,I thought he looked a bit sunburned but having said that I have never seen Lee sunburned,most likely a bit hot like you said especially if the room was small,anyway he looked well!!

Have a fab time Greycat. I'll be there too, I might see you (even though I don't know what you look like).

There are two lovely photos posted by Lottie Medhurst
on her facebook page from last night, one of Lee signing
her Lee cushion and one of Lottie and Lee. Her father
tweeted last night from the Pheasantry so I was pleased
to see she got to meet Lee and he signed her cushion for her.

I don't know if anyone can post these photos on the forum or
if you are allowed, but it would be nice for people who are not on
facebook to be able to see them.

Lovely photo of Lee from @Abs2222

The word forum means the coming together of people to chat (or nearabouts). I feel quite sad that this forum seems to have lost something recently.

I would love to do you all a review of the Pheasantry concerts but as I felt so stamped on when Lee was having his personal difficulties, I feel inhibited now. Chatting goes both ways, for nice things but for bad things also.
I very much doubt that many people other than the core fans visit here any more as there is so little to read and I didn't see any harm in expressing an opinion about Lee when the newspaper reports started to appear.
Its quite a shame really, I used to enjoy popping in and reading what everyone had been up to.

Jazzylou, please would you do a review myself, and I know many others
love it when reviews are posted on the forum.

There are lots of fans who for some reason or another cannot
get to these gigs who I am sure look forward to any news and
photos of Lee.

I am going to the Pheasantry to see Lee on Monday and am so
looking forward to it.

Love maggiemay

Jazzylou I'm with Maggiemay on this the only reason
I get to see lee is when I have saved my pennies up to
see him so l look forward to see how his concerts went
and what has been wrote when I don't get to them
so get going jazzylou I will be waiting ?

luv Mazzax

Jazzy I agree with maggiemay,I think the forum has changed it used to be lovely to read all the little details by those who went to the concerts about meeting Lee what he said getting in his car and waving goodbye to his fans every one can't get to his concerts,now we just get a few stalwarts posting a review which I for one appreciate very much,so Jazzy I would enjoy anything that you post,I have been in the forum a few years and I notice the difference from when I first joined there are so many that don't post now,this is just my opinion.

Yes, I'd like to see some reviews and maybe a set-list?

Jazzylou, I hope you enjoyed the show last night. I don't think I saw you but I'm not sure I would recognise you anyway! I was sitting in the balcony area and loved every minute. It was an interesting set-list and Lee was in good form vocally. He had some light-hearted, cheeky comments and asked us after the interval if we had enjoyed the dough balls - I think he is all too aware of the recent DM hatchet job! The bit of the show where he mentioned Betsy, however, was very poignant.

I'm not very good at writing colourful reviews so I hope others will fill that gap - Jazzylou, I know from the other thread that you have more important things to deal with at the moment but I would love to read your review if/when you feel like writing one. In the meantime, and from my dodgy memory, here is a list of the songs Lee sang - I've posted a link to my list on the Lovelees forum (scroll down the page to find the list behind a spoiler) since I don't know how do a spoiler here:

http://www.lovelees.com/index.php?topic=2065.25

Just to add, the forum may not be as busy as it was in the halcyon days of Joseph but, for me, it is still a valuable source of information on Lee and I would hate to think that differences of opinion, which unfortunately happen on all forums from time to time, would put anyone off posting here. I suspect the forum is useful to more people than we realise since quite a few probably visit here for Lee updates without ever posting. Special thanks to everyone who has ever taken the time to write about their experiences at a Lee event. Sometimes, even if you've been there yourself, you can get an interesting new perspective on it.

1 2