​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Lee to Star In Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Tour

According to a tweet from West End Frame and the accompanying article Lee will star as Caractacus Potts in the tour starting May 4, 2016.

http://www.westendframe.com/2015/10/lee-mead-martin-kemp-jason-manford-to.html

Re: Lee to Star In Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Tour

I've been at rock-bottom this week so this news has really cheered me up!

I've only just caught up with this, as I must have gone off line just before the announcement was made last night.

Excited isn't the word!!!

He'll get to sing "Hushaby Mountain"!

I'm already looking at the tour schedule, and, whoo hoo, Wimbledon! I might just be taking up residence (assuming he's still in it by them, of course!).

My last night's excitement was replaced this morning with a low as it dawned on me that most of the dates were northern (its about time the other parts of the country get to see him) and now the website has added lots more date with many of them in closer places so I'm really happy again. I have EVERYTHING crossed that Lee stays in it until the Woking date next November!

I'm so excited for him. After the last radio interview I felt like he seemed a bit cooler about Casualty and he mentioned that he felt it was time to look for a new show. He probably would have know about this at that point. It must be hard to keep things quiet when it must be very exciting for him. I wait to find out if he is just having a break from Casualty or if the arrangement is to be more permanent.

Excellent news!

He gets to do this!

LINKY THING

and this!

LINKY THING

Haha A/Liz, my heart did a little loopy when I read that too

Johartuk I just watched the first one and I couldn't take the grin of my face. This is going to be fabulous!

Lee's just tweeted, confirming the news. He's also said that he's finishing in Birmingham on Sept 18th.

I really hope you get your chance to see him in this.

It'll be wonderful to see Lee back on stage in a MT role!

Pity (for me) that Lee won't be doing the Ireland leg of the tour but I'm sure I can manage to catch the show at one of its locations between May and September - I haven't actually watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang before (film or stage show) so I'm really looking forward to it

From his tweets, it sounds as though Lee will be leaving Casualty in November - possibly the big storyline Lee is currently filming will result in Lofty's departure, at least for an extended break. That'll leave Lee time to do the panto and promo around the February album release before going into rehearsals for CCBB.

I wonder what this will mean for concerts next year? Is Lee hoping to fit a few dates in following the album release? Or perhaps he will leave the concerts until after the CCBB tour. No doubt all will be revealed in time!

Wimbledon Tickets go on sale 29th October

Milton Keynes and Wimbledon now on sale to ATG card holders, 2nd November general sale.

Sooooooo excited about this. Just need to fit holidays around visits to Chitty

The tour starts tonight with Jason Manford as Potts. There are some photos here:-

LINKY THING

I live in Suffolk in England and I hoping one day Lee will tour over our way be so so so cool if Lee do
I watched Lee on Loose women on itv player after my Grandma told me he was on there I think I must missed Lee being on TV as didn't go on the forum to find out ,

Hi Kirsty!

You are in luck because Lee is visiting Suffolk as part of his 'Some Enchanted Evening' concert tour this year - he will be playing at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft on 12 October:

http://www.marinatheatre.co.uk/production/lee-mead-enchanted-evening/

I hope you are able to see him

Some casting news for Truly Scrumptious in Lee's leg of the Chitty tour:-

LINKY THING

Carrie was Eponine in Les Mis:-

LINKY THING

Having seen Les Mis *ahem* more times than I care to mention, I can say that Carrie was one of my favourite Eponines, if not my very favourite. I met her a couple of times at the Stage Door, when I was waiting for someone else, and she was charming to everyone who wanted to see her. She has a huge following on Twitter and other social media, and has a blog somewhere.

Yes ALiz, I get the impression from theatre discussion boards that Carrie has built up quite a devoted (and young) fan-base via social media. Stage door will be busy! Might help Lee reach to reach new devotees!

Lee must be crackered after today's rehearsal:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 8 mins8 minutes ago

First dance rehearsal today for Chitty and Me Ol' Bamboo. I don't think I've ever sweat so that much in my life. Hardest challenge yet 😁

Lee just tweeted this pic of him looking hot and sweaty while rehearsing 'Me Ol Bamboo'!

LINKY THING

Mr Mead is working hard!

Good to see that the creator of the dance approves

@StephenMear: @leemeadofficial You looked great. I had a sneaky peak before I came in x

Sounds like rehearsals are going well:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 1h1 hour ago

Positive day rehearsing Mr Potts. A lot to learn but it's finally starting to go in. Brain overload. Switching off with a cold one tonight.

There's a Chitty trailer that's just been released (with the current cast):-

LINKY THING

Judging from tweets today, it appears that Lee et al are doing a full run-through of Chitty today.

I wonder if we'll get to see any photos of Lee in costume?

Good to see how much Lee seems to be enjoying this role - although rehearsals are evidently taking their toll:

@leemeadofficial: "Back spasm 😁"

Not long to go now until his debut in Milton Keynes!

Oww, sounds painful! It seems like a pretty physical role!

The first photos of the new Chitty cast in costume are out. Loving Lee as Caractacus Potts!

LINKY THING

Loving this - a pic from 'Toot Sweets'!

LINKY THING

A nice tweet from Lee:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 21m21 minutes ago

Love this company . Such a supportive lovely bunch of people. @ChittyMusical

Lee's living the dream:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 10m10 minutes ago

Shattered. Another long day. Opening night tomorrow. Stew, bath and bed. - Still can't believe I'm gonna fulfill a childhood dream. #Potts

Today's the day! Break a leg, Lee, cast and crew of Chitty!

Lee looks young in this pic:-

LINKY THING

I'm liking the sound of a Caractacus Colada!

Nice tweet from Lee:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 4m4 minutes ago

A lovely day to open in a new show. A little coffee in the sun, then a new adventure begins. To all those coming. Enjoy! Xx

First nights must be so exciting - and terrifying! All the very best to Lee and the rest of the cast.

I hope everyone going to tonight's show has a great time - can't wait to hear all about it

Just keeping my fingers crossed that someone will do a review I can't get into the review that was posted by Trudy for all that couldn't get to opening night would be so appreciated .
Cheers x

Wishing Lee and the whole Cast and Crew of Chitty an amazing
Press Night this evening. x

I managed to sneak off yesterday afternoon for a bit of Chitty
Smooth train journey then hopped on a bus & met 2 other ladies going my way.
It was a lovely surprise and nice to share a coffee with them.
We wondered over toward the theatre and the little area of varied eateries in the complex and as we chatted to some other ladies we saw Lee striding across the road to the very coffee shop we had just left.
Hadn’t seen this show for many years so what to expect?

Well Chitty is a magical mix of crazy high spirits and frolics aimed at children of all ages.
Lee as Caractacus Potts is everything you want a dad to be.
Caring playful & whacky in the most caring loveable way.
Oh and he is a dad that realizes that life lessons can’t always be learnt at school so why send them.
The jaunty way he wears his cap backwards and his infectious smile is so endearing
I loved the fun and cleverness of Toot sweet and Hushabye Mountain is soft gentle and perfect for Lee.

In fact it is perfect for kids of all ages. The cheeky humour of Vulgarian spies, evil child catcher topped off with Truly scrumptious and magical Mead.
I think this could be my favourite show so far.

There is a brilliant blog review posted after Chitty Press Night by PhoneBox Magazine
with a link to it posted on their twitter page @Phonebox_mag with lovely comments
about Lee.

Also a lovey Stage Door photo posted by @SophieE2498 of her and Lee after last
night's performance, perhaps someone could do a link to these.

Thanks for review Joan! And for the heads up on the Phonebox Magazine review Maggiemay . Here's the link:

http://phoneboxmagazineblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/review-chitty-chitty-bang-bang-at-mk.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And another good review:

http://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/review-chitty-chitty-band-bang-milton-keynes-theatre-1-7369780?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Sounds as though Lee's leg of the tour is off to a good start - hope he is enjoying it even if it is a rather exhausting role!

Thanks for posting the link, Greycat. x

There is a lovely tweet from @aimeevivian sent to Lee a short while ago
saying "Lovely chatting to you earlier you total babe". She is a presenter
for capital fm radio and apparently she was at Milton Keynes Theatre this
afternoon with Chitty Musical and she says "video up soon". So fingers
crossed we may see her chatting with Lee on her video.

Another review:-

LINKY THING

The reviews keep coming!

http://www.onemk.co.uk/Milton-Keynes-Theatre-Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang/story-29238800-detail/story.html

"Casualty star Lee Mead, who won Andrew Lloyd Webber's BBC show Any Dream Will Do to take on the role of Joseph in the West End, is completely charming as Caractacus Potts."

Thanks for your lovely review Joan, much appreciated.

Another great review from aboutmiltonkeynes.co.uk by @jasminestormy from
the Press Night.

Looks like Lee's enjoying the 'journey':-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 1m1 minute ago

Fourth show and starting to relax into it and find my feet. A lot of fun tonight. - Thanks to all of you for you lovely messages. X

Here is the review Maggiemay was referring to:

http://aboutmiltonkeynes.co.uk/review-chitty-chitty-bang-bang-milton-keynes-theatre/

Lee seems to like that one!

Some more lovely photos of Lee with fans at Stage Door, twitter names:

@crazypinkmama82

@DianeHayward71

@gxb1ferrxri

Love Lee's new haircut.

That 3rd twitter name in my previous post should read @gxbiferrxri

This is the video interview that was mentioned on twitter:-

LINKY THING

He's looking good!

He says he doesn't know which panto he's in yet...hmm! Though it sounds like there's going to be an announcement this coming week.

Thanks so much Jo for the video link. Lovely interview and Lee is looking
rather yummy.

I hope Lee is just being clever with fooling us, and really does know what
Panto he is in this year, and we hear the very big work news that
he tweeted about a while back.

1 2 3