​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Lee CD/Tour Media Promo/Interviews

Lee will be doing a lot of promo work, both radio and TV, so I thought we need a thread to cover them all.

First one: Wynne Evans on BBC Radio Wales. Now on the website.

HomePage

Apparently Lee knows his hospitals . . .

Re: Lee CD/Tour Media Promo/Interviews

Don't forget - Graham Norton's show this Saturday morning (20th) on BBC Radio 2. This one should be really fun!

Two more good ones this afternoon - BBC radios York and Oxford (Lee was in London, in a live link-up).

He sounded happy and relaxed in both.

I loved his comment in the Radio York interview about not being one of those people who is on a red carpet every five minutes and who goes to "...the opening of a perfume..."

The possibility of a 10th anniversary Joseph thing for 2017 is interesting. I'd like to see something along the lines of the 'West End Story' do***entary or 'When Joseph Met Maria' show with live performances from all the ADWD boys (or as many as they can round up for it). Also interesting to hear that Lee would be agreeable to go back to Joseph for a one-off performance.

Radio York had a play of 'See You In My Dreams', while Radio Oxford had 'By Myself' - the vocals on that are stunning!

Lee also tweeted that he bumped into a certain Mr Ball at the BBC radio studios:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 4 hrs4 hours ago
At the BBC today and bumped into the lovely @mrmichaelball . Tips on Chitty and flying cars

Thanks, johartuk.

Loved hearing 'By Myself' - that one will be spectacular live!

Both interviews are on the homepage.

'By Myself' OMG.

Thank you for the link on the home page to the interviews, loved both the songs
they pla*** from the album, "by myself" absolutely amazing. Looking forward
to getting the album.

Lee sounded so relaxed and happy, so pleased for him Love him so much and so
proud to be a fan.

With thanks to the Timeline, a nice little article in Yours magazine:-

LINKY THING

He wants to play a villain - Lee as Jack The Ripper?

Some great interviews today - BBC Radios Northampton, Stoke, Bristol, Kent and Suffolk. The Timeline has links to all:-

LINKY THING

'I'll See You In My Dreams', 'Luck Be A Lady' and 'Feeling Good' all got an airing and sound fab!

There was also an interview with Alex Belfield:-

LINKY THING

Interesting stuff, and fascinating to hear Lee's thoughts on fame and dealing with it. He definitely has his head screwed on right!

All six (count them - 6!!!) radio interviews are now up on the website.

That man is keeping us busy!

Celebrity Radio by Alex Belfield

Linky Thing

nice article Female first

Linky Thing

I am absolutely loving these interviews. I was out all day yesterday, but sat up till nearly 2.00 am catching up with yesterday's batch (yes, I know, bonkers!). I love his confidence now, and each interview, although basically the same, is slightly different, so I listen just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

However, the main thing that comes across is just what an incredibly lovely man Lee is. No wonder we all love him to bits!

Oh, and I would pay the earth to see him as Joseph just one more time!

Just listened to Lee on Graham Norton's Radio 2 show. Great stuff!

The BBC made the ADWD boys shave their chests! I wonder why? Thankfully, the balance was finally redressed when we got to see Lee in all his hairy, bare bottomed glory on 'Casualty'!

Radio 2 tweeted this pic of Lee waiting for his interview. Looking good!

LINKY THING

Once again, we have the interview on the website!

Thank you Team.

Fun little Q&A - nice to know his greatest weakness is ... Women!

ExpressQ&A

Nice little Q & A. The 'weakness for women' comment made me smile!

Apparently, he's also in the Daily Star magazine.

In other news, Lee is on Gaby Roslyn's Radio 2 show today from around 4pm (the show starts at 3pm), and according to his latest tweet, he'll be singing 2 songs!

Then there's the pre-recorded Radio Wales interview tonight (show starts at 9pm).

The Gaby Roslyn show was lovely. Luck Be A Lady and Some Enchanted Evening sounded stunning performed live! There was also a bonus of 'It Had To Be You' with Marti Webb!

Aahhh, lovely interview on BBC Radio Wales! Lots of snippets from the album (which sound stunning) and a nice, indepth chat. Lee on Strictly would be fab! I wonder which Chitty song the tap solo is in?

All three interviews from Sunday are on the website.

Today's Radio Essex interview was nice, and there was a play of 'Feeling Good'! There was a mention of a London concert at the end of this year.

It also looks as if Lee is in OK! magazine this week, according to this article (with a misleading headline! ), which seems to be a summery of the OK! interview:-

LINKY THING

Radio Essex with Tony Fisher is now on the website.

Ro has just posted on her Lee Mead Timeline twitter page a link to a lovely
short video of Lee talking to WhatsonTV, there are also some lovely shots
of Lee filming his music video in the Brecon Beacons recently.

Here is the link

Linky Thing

Not a radio interview, but there is a lovely piece (and photo!) on page 102 of this week's OK (March 1st issue, Katie Price on cover). This seems to be the original version of all the copy articles currently being tweeted around. Sorry, can't scan.

Video interview and trailer!!!!

Links to both on the home paqe!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Loving the What's On TV interview (and music vid clips)! Interesting that Lee is planning to do some song-writing with Marti Pellow!

There are also some other TV mag interviews.

'Luck Be A Lady' and 'By Myself' video clips on the FB page.

Some nifty footwork in the LBAL clip!

Lee's coming up on BBC Radio Manchester imminently. At the moment, they're playing 'Patience' - I can't listen to that song without thinking of poor Anthony in ADWD 'howling wolves in from Alaska'! Also, the 'boy band' (Lee, Daniel, Ben and another lad) at ALW's Irish castle concert!

Nice little interview.

Didn't you just love Beryl?

Thanks to all who have posted interviews and articles. I haven't been able to keep up at all while my mum was staying with me after a minor operation but hope to catch up with everything over the weekend. Major Lee fest ahead

Great to see that the album will be available from HMV shops and on-line as well as from Amazon and iTunes. It is even available on the US Amazon site, albeit as a slightly pricey import. I really hope it does well for Lee.

Greycat, that pricey import cost (mostly shipping) caused me to purchase from iTunes as a download which I then burned to cd. I'll hopefully purchase an actual cd at the Pheasantry next week.

Meanwhile, WOW - so good!!!!

Just watched the LW interview. Lee looked gorgeous, and the pic of him with Betsy that they showed was lovely.

One thing that disappointed me was that he was basically shoehorned in, while Stephanie Davis and Jeremy McConnell (Steph is a former 'Over The Rainbow' contestant, who was sacked from her job on the soap 'Hollyoaks' for turning up drunk, then went into Celeb Big Brother and had a relationship with Jeremy) have been given a good 20 minutes! What's particularly galling is that Steph and Jeremy were supposed to be on Monday's show, but split up over the weekend, so didn't turn up (and are now conveniently loved up again)!

I've dashed off an email of complaint to LW. I just felt it was unfair that Lee was treated as an afterthought (we didn't even get an introductory VT), while S and J were treated as the main attraction!

Haven't watched it yet but here is a nice behind the scenes pic

photo mug.jpg

Lee's bit is on the website. Lovely that they showed all the photos of him with his #1 girl . . .

Here are a few screencaps from Leanne:

photo 2016Feb26-LooseWomen1_zpsgzfqce9f.jpg

photo 2016Feb26-LooseWomen2_zpsxduwyqza.jpg

photo 2016Feb26-LooseWomen3_zpsqadctcrm.jpg

Lee did look delicious on LW!

Thanks for the screen caps Leanne. Ro has now put the video up on her
Timeline page.

And after some "adjustments", it is back on the website home page as well.

Nice interview today on BBC Radio Lincs. It's one he pre-recorded when he was at the BBC radio studios in London 2 weeks (?) ago.

Mentions of his album, Chitty and ADWD 10th anniversary, and a play of 'See You In My Dreams'.

A '10 Questions' interview with some interesting questions (and answers):-

LINKY THING

The dating one made me laugh - Lee has the 'in it for the fame/money' types sussed!

Nice little interview - though Lee must have forgotten that he has been to Italy - I'm fairly sure he visited Venice during his Joseph days with a certain someone. Perhaps he doesn't really think of that as typical Italy because Venice is so unique. In any case, I would agree that enjoying the views in Tuscany would be a lovely way to spend a tranquil last 24 hours!

From Twitter, it looks as though we can look forward to seeing Lee on The Saturday Show (hosted by Gaby Roslin) this weekend on Channel 5 - the show starts at 9.30 am.

Hope it isn't too late a night for Lee at The Pheasantry tomorrow since he will have to be looking sharp on Saturday morning

Yay! A bit more album promo: Lee will be singing live and chatting to Richard Madeley on his Radio 2 show next Sunday (3 April).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076q37m

Looking forward to this one.

Oops, just posted Poole report here by mistake. Just cut and pasted to other thread.

Ahh, the radio 2 interview was lovely. Lee sang 'A Foggy Day In London Town' and 'Feeling Good'.

The travel lady just commented that Lee was good-looking!

For anyone who missed it - or wants to listen again - it's on the home page.

Love how impressed Richard Madeley was after Lee sang 'Feeling Good'.

Looks like yesterday's interview (and performances) on Radio 2 piqued the interest of some listeners:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 19m19 minutes ago

Proud to say the new album has moved to #6 in Amazon’s Movers and Shakers chart. Have you got your copy yet! 😊.
Also available on iTunes.

Well done, Lee!

Today, the album has moved up to No.5!

Lee's started on the promo trail again for the upcoming tour dates.

He was on 'Lorraine' this morning. Nice interview. He's excited about the panto, Betsy wants to be a teacher and he once auditioned for the role of Marius in Les Mis, got down to the final two and was told that he was too short! Thank goodness there was no minimum height requirement for ADWD/Joseph!

Also on Talk Radio, which was also filmed (with thanks to the Timeline for the link):-

LINKY THING

Nice interview. Liking the little excerpt of 'Some Enchanted Evening'.

Interesting comments about TV talent shows. I agree with him, especially about X-Factor.

Then, it was into what looks like a stationary cupboard to do 4 hours of radio interviews:-

Lee Mead ‏@leemeadofficial · 4h4 hours ago

Now 4hrs of interviews #SomeEnchantedEvening #Tour

LINKY THING

So lots to look forward to.

Nice article in the Essex Enquirer.
Hmmmm Lee as the new Doctor Who

Linky Thing

1 2