​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Promo for Lee's 10th anniversary tour

There's a great article in today's 'Love Sunday' magazine (which comes with the 'Sunday People' newspaper). Nice front cover pic as a bonus!

The article (and front cover pic) are on the Timeline now, as well.

Lee's currently on BBC Radio Surrey - I think it's the interview from yesterday?

Although I didn't hear the BBC Radio Surrey interview today Jo, I expect it was a repeat of the Saturday morning one. Normally on Sundays BBC Radio Sussex and BBC Radio Surrey join and share the same programmes but, this weekend, they split in the afternoon as BBC Radio Sussex had an important footie match to broadcast (B&H Albion v A r s e nal):soccer: !, that's why Lee's interview was broadcast twice.

Lovely memories of Lee at the cathedral many moons ago enjoy all who are going to the drill hall its a nice little place luv Mazza x

It was a lovely concert even if I was quite far back and it was lovely to be in Lincoln. I had to make a decision between Lincoln and Salford, and Salford won because it's nearer to my Fat Pension Week! Have a lovely time.

Just 'Listening Again' to Lee's interview on Meridian FM.

Starting with chat about the tour.

Talk about winning ADWD (e.g. how it felt)

Lee's pre-ADWD career (including the Portsmouth/Bilbao ferry and meeting Ken Dodd)

When Lee was in touring Joseph (aged 20 or so), the actor playing Joseph was in his 40s!

'Casualty'/'Holby'

Talking about when he started touring as a solo performer

He'd love to write a book (autobio) one day - 10-20 years from now?

He loves singing

He enjoys doing live theatre

When he was a child, he used to make his family laugh doing Karaoke!

Hoping to do some more song-writing

Favourite song on the album - 'Let Her Down Easy'

Keen supporter of Children's charities - Mention of Equal People/Mushroom

Betsy - "7 going on 14"

Play of 'Let Her Down Easy' from the album

Lovely, chatty, relaxed interview!:relaxed:

There was an interview with Lee aired today on Spirit FM (promoting the album and the Horsham gig). Short but sweet, and there's a great anecdote about meeting Prince Philip (complete with impression of him)!:laughing:

There's a nice interview on the W Sussex County Times website to promote the Horsham gig.

LINKY THING

I didn't know that Lee had been offered a place at the Guildhall (prestigious Performing Arts college - If I remember rightly, Daniel Boys went there), but was unable to take it up due to no scholarships/grants available. Thank goodness he didn't give up on his dream!

Another nice interview (again promoting Horsham).

LINKY THING

Interview this morning on BBC Radio Shropshire. Just listening again (thanks to the Timeline, but also available on iplayer).

Starting with chat about what he was doing before ADWD.

Mentioning how many youngsters think they can go straight from theatre school/training into the WE.

Talking about how he felt when the ADWD result was announced.

Talking about 'Joseph'.

Offered shows including 'Whistle Down The Wind'* and 'Chicago' after 'Joseph', but went to NY to study film acting instead.

Talking about 'Lord Arthur Savile's Crime', and the ever growing script!

Talking about getting the role in 'Holby'.

Talking about what he does on tour.

Singing and music is his first love.

Contract negotiations for 'Holby' within the next couple of months.

Talking about the Palladium panto.

Talking about the tour he did of Japan.

'Joseph' is the most special musical to him. It was the first show he did when he was 9.

Also, 'Miss Saigon'.

Mention of friendship with Keith.

Talk about the album.

Talk about filming Holby. Early mornings - can be 60 hors weeks, or a couple of days a week. Filming two eps at the same time, so can be confusing.

Ambitions - to continue being successful. Would like to do more WE shows.

Would have liked to be a teacher (his cousin is one).

Nice, chatty interview!

*Lee as 'The Man' in WDTW would have been awesome!

This was a lovely interview. I listened live, expecting it would only last 10 minutes or so - instead, we had a glorious half hour, including plays of Close Every Door and All Of Me.

I have never seen Whistle Down the Wind - if Lee had done it, that would have swiftly changed!

I've seen half of WDTW because of a very slow bus in very heavy traffic - that was way back in 1999! I love the music and found the story gripping - at least what I saw of it. Lee would be really good as The Man.

I have the soundtrack album, which is pretty good, but I haven't actually seen the show. I have seen the film (a number of times) and my one disappointment re: WDTW was that ALW decided (in his infinite wisdom :face_with_rolling_eyes: ) to relocate the story to the US. That being said, if Lee was cast as 'The Man' in the musical...*THUD*

It would have worked just as well in the UK, wouldn't it? The only thing I can think of is that they had a scene with a preacher and his colleagues, for want of a better word, doing a travelling show where they preached the gospel and sang hymns, which is where "Vaults of Heaven" came in. I think I can say this now as it's not likely to be a spoiler - live snakes were used in this scene, which wouldn't have personally bothered me but I can imagine would have upset a lot of people.

Snakes??????????????? In which case, it would have been Upper Circle for me, just in case ...... :scream:

Blimey, that could have been dangerous! I hope they weren't venomous (or if they were, they'd been safely de-venomed before making their West End debut)!

There's an interview on 'The Sticks SG1 Radio' to promote the Hoddleston gig. I'm listening live - nice little interview.

Blimey, Lee was offered the part of Che in Evita about four years ago (the tour) and had to turn it down!

Plays for 'Hushabye Mountain' and 'Dancing Through Life'.

'Hushabye Mountain' is exquisite - the pain and longing is palpable, and the strings are beautiful!

'Dancing Through Life' - loving the Lord Arthurness of the spoken bit, and the vocals are so strong!

There was a Lee interview on BBC Radio Lancashire this morning.

Talking about ADWD - and how shows like X-Factor can make kids believe in instant stardom.

Getting into TV - Casualty/Holby.

Betsy - 8th birthday in two weeks.

Albums/tours.

Lee being himself on tour. Mention that he's seeing Gilbert O'Sullivan tonight in concert.

Play for 'Dancing Through Life'. Love it!

Nice little interview.

I tbink the snakes were harmless grass snakes but that little word harmless means nothing when we have an aversion to creatures, doesn't it? I'm lucky enough not to be bothered by snakes. There was a warning in the foyer but that wasn't much help to people who had travelled miles to see the show and could't unbook.

There was an interview today on Radio Cornwall.

Listening now on catch-up.

Starting with a play of 'Nothing Else Matters'.

Chat about the 10 Year anniversary.

Likes having variety in his career (singing and acting).

He sings on set!

Chatting about 'Chitty', which he loved doing.

Chat about choosing songs for the album/tour.

"Do you like rehearsals?" Good question! Lee says "Yes!"

Lee and Betsy sing together in the car. She loves Justin Bieber, but he's trying to introduce her to 'real music'!:laughing:

Prince Philip story.:laughing:

Mention of singing 'From Russia With Love'. Lee met Cubby Broccoli's (James Bond producer) daughter and considered asking about auditioning for the role of JB. Ahh, Lee as Bond!:heart_eyes:

Brief mention of Stages Festival.

Panto in Aberdeen. Apparently, Aberdeen is closer to Iceland than London! Blimey!:laughing:

A play of 'A Foggy Day In London Town' to end.

There was an interview with Lee this morning on Wave 105.

Starting off by saying he has a couple of weeks off and doesn't know what to do with himself!

Talking about the 10th Anniversary Tour.

The band are 'quite a rowdy bunch':laughing:

Being able to do the school run/spend time with Betsy.

Talk about the difference between TV acting and on-stage singing.

While he was waiting for Graham Norton to announce who had won ADWD he felt calm, but once the result was announced, the nerves kicked in.

The most nervous he's been was when he was performing with Donny O and Jason D in the Concert For Diana at Wembley Stadium!

He's one of only a few characters who have transferred from Casualty to Holby.

Nice little interview.:relaxed:

There was an interview with Lee today on Coast FM.

Chat about the 10th Anniversary and ADWD.

People still stop Lee in the street and tell him they voted for him in ADWD!

Talk about bringing a bit of himself to each character he plays.

Talk about Casualty/Holby.

Talk about the difference between TV acting and stage acting/doing gigs.

Talk about the content of the tour.

Talk about how he fits everything in!

Chat about the Redruth venue - apparently, it used to be a cinema.

A nice little interview.

Just listening to Lee's interview on Encore Radio.

Talk about ADWD. It was quite surreal going from being fairly anonymous to constantly being approached on the streets.

He tries not to think of how many people are in the audience (or how many TV viewers there are watching him in 'Holby') because thinking about it can freak you out.

He struggles with large crowds, but is OK performing to them.

Play of 'Let Her Down Easy', which is stunning!

Difficulty in choosing the songs for his 10th Anniversary album!

How does it feel to be revisiting these songs? Interesting question. Lee also mentions that he loves singing.

Lee doesn't like large crowds and is quite shy, but was bitten by the singing/acting bug at school when he was cast as Danny Zuko in the school production of 'Grease' - and said to the drama teachers "Have you heard me sing?":laughing: Obviously Lee wasn't aware of his talent at that point! Also says the secret to performing is doing your best but not taking it too seriously.

A play of Dick Van ****'s version of 'Hushabye Mountain'. Lovely version, but I wonder why not Lee's?

Lee wanted to have a long term career. The last 10 years have gone back so quick.

Chat about panto.

Holby chat. Long days of filming.

Talk about auditioning for the role of Marius in 'Les Mis' when he was a teenager, then auditioning again a few years later and getting to the final two (he lost out to Jon Lee of S Club 7)!

Mentioning upcoming tour dates.

Lee has his eye on the role of PT Barnum in 'The Greatest Showman'! Oooh, yes!:grin: (and Lee has just let slip that he sang 'From Now On' from TGS on the Jane McDonald Show!).

A mention of Lee as Fiyero in 'Wicked' (and a play of ALAYM).

Nice interview, with some interesting questions from the interview. Lovely that Lee seemed so relaxed and chatty.

Is there a link to the radio interview for listen again please.

Listen Again link:-

LINKY THING

Lee's interview is on the second row down.

The thing I found 'annoying' about this interview was, the interviewer asked Lee to chose songs from his Album and when he said 'Hush-a-Bye Mountain' and 'Bring Him Home' the radio station pla*** them but sung by other people (Dick Van D for HABM and John Owen Jones (I think) for BHM)! I didn't get this - why didn't they play Lee's version (Lee's are much better in my opinion anyway :wink:) and they didn't even mention it wasn't Lee singing. Seems rude to me to do that when you interview someone. We, as his fans knew it wasn't Lee singing, but I doubt others would. The only one they pla*** from Lee's Album was 'Let Her Down Easy'.

Thanks for the link Jo, very much appreciated.

I loved listening to Lee in the interview, however I wasn't too keen on the the guy that interviewed Lee, especially
when he pla*** 2 of the songs which he asked Lee to choose from his album but instead they were sung by Dick Van ****
and JOJ. At least they pla*** Lee's version from his album of "Let her down Easy" and Lee and Rachel singing "As long as
you're Mine, which were beautiful of course.

Thanks again.

Regards maggiemay

It was a bit confusing, expecting a Lee version of Hushabye Mountain (or whatever song) and getting someone else's!

Oops, you're quite right maggiemay, Encore pla*** 2 songs from Lee's Album, I forgot about the duet with Rachael.:+1:

Just got round to watching Wednesday's 'Lorraine' interview (Christine Lampard was the interviewer).

Chat about Holby (and the engagement). Being cagey about what happens next, but hoping that Lofty and Dom will work out as a couple.

Talk about Casualty and returning to Holby.

Co-parenting Betsy.

Talk about his current relationship with Izzy.

ADWD and Joseph.

Nice interview and Lee looks well!

Lee was on Radio Manchester today.

LINKY THING starts at 1h 10mins

Does it feel like 10 years? Some times it does, but sometimes it doesn't.

Lee talking about the diversity in his career.

He keeps a collection of memorabilia under his bed (in a drawer).

Chat about the album.

Play of 'Everything' from the album.

Talk about 'Chitty' - the 'Ole Bamboo' routine.

Talking about parts he'd like to play - the Phantom in POTO (yes, please!:grin: )

'Casualty'/'Holby' chat. Lofty is a great part. He's been developed a lot in the past year and a half. Proud to play a gay character.

The surgery scenes look realistic, even when filming.

Nice, relaxed interview.:relaxed:

Lee is on BBC Radio Essex today at 2pm (interview was recorded a few days ago).

Apparently, Lee's mum is a regular listener of BBC Radio Essex!

A play of 'Everything' from the album.

Lee's mum is listening.

10th Anniversary Tour chat.

Southend gig is at the Palace theatre (he nearly said the Cliffs:laughing: )

Favourite moments in the shows he's been in - getting to play Potts in 'Chitty'/flying the car for the first time.

'Hushabye Mountain' is about Potts moving on with his life. Lee wanted to bring layers to the role.

Another song from the album 'Blackbird':heart_eyes:

Talk about 'Blackbird' - Lee heard the song for the first time in the film 'Boss Baby'.

Talk about how becoming a parent changed his life. Given him a different outlook.

Panto. Apparently Aberdeen is closer to Iceland than London! Blimey!

Talk about Lofty (Casualty/Holby). Enjoying the way that Lofty has developed in Holby. Two to two and a half weeks to film an ep (but not necessarily consecutively). Can be long hours, but can also be short hours, depending on the schedule.

Lee didn't think he'd be still be getting the big jobs 10 years on - he hoped he'd still be a jobbing actor.

Lee did his first show at the Palace Theatre Southend - as a backing singer in a Ratpack thing called 'My Pal Frank'. Aww, Lee was told off for playing music in his dressing-room, and vowed that one day, when he'd 'made it', he'd have the Number One dressing-room and play his music as loud as he wanted!:laughing:

Lovely, chatty interview.