​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pizza Express Live, 18th & 19th August

Thanks Ladies.

It does sound like they shoved in some extra tables/seats.

They certainly weren't "Empty Chairs and Empty Tables" … :joy:

The venue was easier for me to reach than the Pheasantry but I have to admit the Pheasantry is a nicer venue. If this doesn't sound soppy and girly the Pheasantry is in a much prettier area.

I have to agree with everything that A/Liz and AnnieB have said. The lovely ladies who I was with had deliberately told me nothing about the venue wanting me to form my own opinion.. It was not at all what I had expected having been to The Pheasantry a few times. It was dark, low ceiling, claustrophobic and as for trying to sit down at the table we had been allocated it appeared to be impossible until people around us tried to move a few centimetres to give a bit of extra space! As A/Liz has said, the usual happy, excited atmosphere was missing. The stage area was tiny with no space for a drum kit, however, in that respect, I may have been spoiled by attending the concerts. It made an enormous difference being lucky enough to move to a different seat after the interval.

I was at the Sunday evening show, Lee was brilliant as always and seemed happy and relaxed especially when joined by Stephen. I enjo*** it, who wouldn't?! and will be there for Together Again in October. Obviously it is down to Lee but in ***ure, for this type of performance, I would much prefer to make my way over to the King's Road.

I also have to agree with everything said about Pizza Express Live. We too were squashed into a tiny space, people had to weave their way around tables to get anywhere else in the venue, no good if you were in a hurry to get to the loo!! We missed the lovely, outside seating area of the Pheasantry as well, such a nice quiet space to greet friends and have a chat and drink before the concert, the approach and entrance to the Holburn one seemed cold and lacked atmosphere and character. The only positive things was that my pizza was just a notch better than the Pheasantry, and Pizza Express Live was only a 15/20 minute walk from our hotel, minor pluses in the scheme of things. Yes, please don't abandon the Pheasantry Lee.