​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Lee in Plymouth panto - Robin Hood!

He won't be able to resist performing. That's my hope anyway. We shall see. I too hope it is on a mainstream channel. That way he will get the recognition he so deserves.

When Lee mentioned his new TV role at the Pheasantry he also said he couldn't give up singing and hopes to do concerts etc during the times he has off from the show he is in. So I think we will still get the chance to see him live

In that case I'd have to doubt a soap, their timetables are notoriously tough

As far as I know, Lee was still talking at The Pheasantry about releasing a fourth album next year and possibly touring with it so hopefully that will still happen.

If not, I'll have to pin all my hopes on the Lottery so I can afford one-off gigs like the Ventura cruise and Littlecote House!

Just hoping you are all right. I well deserved decent role for Lee to show what he can do, and some concerts (especially like the Pheasantry) for us to to hear his wondeful voice and gaze at his beautiful face !!!!!

So pleased to hear about the TV role, please let it be on either BBC or ITV! I hope he manages to squeeze in a few concerts during his busy filming schedule, still need to see him live. Wouldn't it be wonderful if somehow the TV role could include him singing at some point.

Much as I love his singing, I'd rather they just concentrated on his acting this time, mainly because of the critics and mean people out there who would pick up on it and start complaining about stunt casting. I think we stand a good chance of still getting some one-off concerts next year.

I am delighted for him. Fingers crossed it's Casualty or similar with one-off concerts now and then.

I'm wondering if the role might possibly be in Law and Order UK. The new series starts filming in October and Paul Nicholas who plays the young detective opposite Bradley Walsh has just left the series. Just a thought.

Ohhh good thinking, I like the sound of that! He would have loads of laughs with Bradley

I hope so I love that show

Doesn't Law and Order UK star Peter Davison?
Maybe there was a personal recommendation from the Legally Blonde experience of working together?
Just a thought.

Yes, Peter Davidson is in Law & Order UK. This would indeed be a great series for Lee.

I received an email today from the lady who interviewed Lee
at the photoshoot in Plymouth for Robin Hood for the Torquay
Herald Express.

She said the interview will be in the November 15th issue.
I thought you may be interested in this information.
Her name is Dawn Ellis at dellis@heraldexpress.co.uk.

maggiemay

The Plymouth Theatre Royal has a small gallery of official photos up at their website now, including one I haven't seen before. I've cropped a couple of them for a more detailed perusal!

http://www.theatreroyal.com/whats-on/2013/robin-hood/

Photo credits: Plymouth Theatre Royal

Very nice! Loving the clenchy jawed intensity!

Thank you PKP. I'm enjoying perusing them!

I think this one bears a closer look . . . mmmmmm!

Photo credit: Plymouth Theatre Royal

Very nice!

Lovely pix, very tight jaws!

Possible caption:

"Where the heck are the papps when you DO want them?! LOL

Couldn't decide which Robin Hood pic I liked better for a desktop wallpaper, so went for the greedy option -- both!

Photo credit: Royal Theatre Plymouth

The Daily Telegraph have a feature on the upcoming Pantos all over the country, which includes a great photo of Lee and Nigel.

LINKY THING

Love that Lee is referred to as 'Casualty heart-throb'!

The Theatre Royal's Facebook page has changed it's cover photo to one of Lee as Robin Hood -- mmmmmm!

https://www.facebook.com/TheatreRoyalPlymouth

Very nice!

Quite! And I meant "its", not "it's". #pedantic

Looking very heart-throb hot rather than panto-silly/cheesy.

Here's another mention for 'Robin Hood' in a round-up of 8 of the best pantos around this Christmas:

http://www.wow247.co.uk/blog/2013/12/04/best-pantomimes-this-christmas-57225/

Lee is "West End heart-throb" this time!

More Robin Hood promo, tweeted by the Theatre Royal Plymouth. It's not a new interview with Lee (same one as posted earlier this week), but the one with his producer is nice. Jonathon Kiley says some lovely things about Lee.

TheatreRoyalPlymouth ‏@TRPlymouth 3h
Listen to interviews with cast and exec producer of Robin Hood: https://soundcloud.com/hospital-radio-plymouth/sets/plymouth-pantomime-interviews … (by @hospitalradio) @leemeadofficial @thenigelhavers

Ooh - a rehearsal pic - look closely towards the back!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbTX9UxCUAEDiEU.jpg

(As tweeted by Chris Hewitt @hewittphoto: Still rehearsing here at tr2. Look out Plymouth this Panto is shaping up to be a epic @TRPlymouth pic.twitter.com/NUYJkGseIE)

Meant to say, the interview with the producer was VERY interesting ... apart from him singing Lee's praises! So some stars are signed up for three years ... hmmm ... sometimes the shows are moved lock, stock & barrel to a different venue the following year ... and 2014/2015 is already organised!

Very interesting indeed!

I think the producer actually said that this production of Robin Hood might be moved lock, stock and barrel to another venue next year (if it works well and is well received presumably). This could imply that Lee is indeed on a three year contract and will be probably be doing panto again next year - either Robin Hood or something else?

By the way, there was an interesting article on what stars can earn in panto in the DM at the weekend:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2519984/Our-A-list-careers-THEYRE-BEHIND-US-After-TV-heyday-theyre-starring-panto-near-But-paydays-500-000-blame-them.html

Doesn't mention Lee but hopefully he will be aedquately reimbursed for his efforts in Robin Hood!

Interesting stuff, and it explains the bit of the DM article which mentioned that Ashley & Pudsey (from Britain's Got Talent) are supposedly on a two year £500,000 contract.

One thing I'd be interested to know - why is Babes in the Wood no longer performed? Is it just a Qdos thing or have all professional panto companies stopped staging it?

There seem to be quite a few pantos that aren't performed any more, when I was young there was Beauty and the Beast (not the Disney version) Goody Two Shoes, and Puss in Boots, among others. Anybody remember any more?

Google Alert from "This is Somerset":

"This is Somerset" article

Thanks for the link A/Liz
Nice read, nothing new for us this time though.
However, it's great to see that Lee's wonderful developing career details are reaching more and more people through these articles.

Great lead-in line:
"Only one dream will do for female panto fans this year: to gaze adoringly as Lee Mead swaps his Technicolor dreamcoat for the legendary green."

Exepose, the University of Exeter's student newspaper, has an interview with Lee here:

Sophy Coombes-Roberts, Arts Editor caught up with West End superstar Lee Mead ahead of his debut in Plymouth’s pantomime, Robin Hood

This one's really good. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks PKP a good read,and thanks for sharing

Nice interview, Thanks for the link PKP

Interesting that he talks about a return to the West End, although not imminent, but within the next couple of years.

It does give fans, who would love Lee to return to 'Musical Theatre' again, a little glimmer of hope too...

Please don't leave it too long though Lee, we're all getting older by the minute! Lol!...

Lovely long interview. Great to read. I do agree with your last point CL

Thanks PKP for the link. We'll all have to hope that Lee gets an offer for a fantastic West End role he can't refuse, preferably sooner rather than later.

Lee's tweeted pic of the panto cast:

https://twitter.com/leemeadofficial/status/413007014063636481/photo/1

Not long to go to opening night now! I hope Lee has mastered his masses of dialogue :)

There's also this one of rehearsals from JacquieBirditv:

https://twitter.com/JacquieBirditv/status/412952161497391105/photo/1

Interestingly, she refers to "@itvwestcountry on Thursday" .... I wonder if that means there will be something on local TV?

Oh he's looking good.

Perhaps Lee won't need to worry about being spot on with his dialogue Greycat, Nigel Havers was interviewed on Steve Wright's BBC2 radio show on Monday, briefly, very briefly (all 45 secs,) saying he was in panto with "his friends Bobby Davro and Lee Mead", he said they are doing a lot of ad libbing! and it's great fun, so should be interesting . SW seems to do a panto slot of 'stars' in panto around the country every day.

Love a bit of 'ad libbing' too Annie. It makes Panto so much more fun, and if folks are lucky enough to go more than once - it also makes each show just that little bit different, not only for the audience, but for the cast too..

Thanks for the 'info' and 'links' ladies

Now where was I,

'Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen'

Just watched Backchat (BBC 3) on catchup. Nigel Havers was one of the guests. Great to see the panto trailer on TV.

There was a great clip on ITV SouthWest tonight of Lee and the
cast rehearsing for Robin Hood.

1 2 3 4