Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Re: Lee in Plymouth panto - Robin Hood!

Grrr, only a photo so far, but a good one --
http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2013-12-20/panto-comes-to-plymouth/

Great photo - love the cheeky expression on Lee's face!

Some early tweets as the show has just ended (one poor girl can't get to him in the pub LOL!) --

TK ‏@TamseyKitten 3m
@leemeadofficial @mazcoyne @TRPlymouth loved the show tonight. Songs, sword fights, dancing and laughs - a fun show.

lucy shute ‏@fruitshute 5m
@leemeadofficial @BobbyDavro1 fab panto @TRPlymouth we all loved it soooooo funny well done to all of you #robinhood

Ro ‏@f1roro 2m
Fabulous first night for #RobinHood @TRPlymouth - great work from the whole cast and @leemeadofficial's swordplay is a sight to behold ;-)

Kate Collins ‏@kecollins11 5m
@leemeadofficial very much enjoyed the panto this evening! Christmas holidays have officially started :)

Katy ‏@Katy44118800 4m
@leemeadofficial (were sat at a table) my friend has an iron grip on my wrist and won't let me come over :(

Katy ‏@Katy44118800 1m
@leemeadofficial were in the pub as you but my friend won't let me come and say hi! Please will you take a picture with us were at the bar!

Carmen Stamper ‏@movette2000 10s
@BobbyDavro1 @leemeadofficial absolutely brilliant panto. 3 generations watching and screaming with laughter. Thank u.

Chantale StJohnRosse ‏@tincor 56s
@leemeadofficial nicholas and I loved the panto and as I said on the door we are doing it again.and thank you for any dream..

Gwenlee ‏@gwenlee_10 24s
@leemeadofficial really amazing panto tonight! You were awesome! X

Amy Louise ‏@xXAmyLouiseeXx 5m
Just been to see 'Robin Hood' with @leemeadofficial oh my lord it was amazing!!! Well done :3. Ahhh <3

Bwahaahaaaaa! Tweet of the night!

Danielle O'Reilly ‏@DaniOreilly 2m
@leemeadofficial you are one hot piece of ass....

(She's in the cast)

I saw that tweet! Didn't realise that she was a cast member, though!

Excellent....I do like accuracy!!

Lee in on the radio at some point in the next hour, according to this tweet from Radio Cornwall:-

BBC Radio Cornwall ‏@BBCCornwall 20m Don't miss @leemeadofficial on @davidwhiteshow in the next hour, talking panto at Plymouth's Theatre Royal

Just listened to the interview - it was with Lee and Jeffrey Holland. Lee's Essex accent was pretty strong in parts. Nice interview. I laughed at the Princial Boy thing - so they've replace a lady slapping her thighs with Lee...er...slapping his thighs!

It's on listen again now. Link & details on Timeline on Twitter.

Hold onto your hats, ladies - or at least sit down .......

http://t.co/vaCGiy6Mrx

As tweeted by 'Maid Marion'!

Nice to see that the Panto Bods have allowed Lee to keep the chest hair!

Now that was a real Christmas treat!

The Theatre Royal Plymouth's facebook page has posted quite a lot of photos in their Robin Hood album here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151916142464010.1073741847.45612854009&type=1

Especially nice in full-screen mode!

Very nice!

Incidentally, last night was Press Night, and the first two reviews have surfaced.

Western Morning News:-

LINKY THING

The Stage:-

LINKY THING

Another review - from 'What's On Stage':-

LINKY THING

Thanks for the links Jo.
Great reviews. 'The rather gorgeous Lee Mead' You can say that again!

Nice interview with Nigel Havers, with a couple of mentions of Lee:

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Nigel-Havers-rides-play-sheriff-panto/story-20369085-detail/story.html

"There’ll be fun in and out of the theatre, he promises.

He and singer/actor Lee Mead (Robin) get on well. They were paired together last year when Lee made his panto debut in Jack And The Beanstalk in Southampton. Panto veterans Jeffrey Holland (Hi-de-Hi and many more sitcoms), who plays Nurse Tilly Tick, and comedy all-rounder Bobby Davro (Will Scarlet) are also in the Plymouth show.

“I am doing this with a lot of mates,” says Nigel. “You wait to see what we get up to with Lee, on and off stage.

“It’ll be dangerous at night. But my wife is down so she will be keeping me in order,” he says, rowing back."

Another good review, from the Plymouth Herald:-

LINKY THING

Some good reviews for Lee and the cast of 'Robin Hood'
A lovely reward for all their hard work.
Sounds like they are having lots of fun too.

Thanks for the finds and 'links' ladies

It's a great show and those yet to go are in for a real treat, but I am rather dreading my next visit when I will have a much closer encounter with Webster than I had on my first visit, and which I will not be comfortable with. I'm working on a way to shut him out and focus on Robin - it's not going to be easy

I really can sympathise with anybody who has a fear of spiders, I'm lucky enough not to be bothered by them but am constantly having to grab the remote control if a film or TV programme shows a close up of a fish in a bowl or tank. It's a horrible feeling for something that unnerves you to suddenly appear. The fear/disgust might be irrational but it's still there!

With various photos surfacing on Twitter today, it looks as if Lee and the cast had a great party last night!

From Peach Coyne (@mazcoyne):

http://t.co/qFfEYmBFmn

From Fabio Santos (@FabioFabs8

http://t.co/TLhbGYXZ1F

http://t.co/lE0TOXGlMP

FYI, I have a list at Twitter of all the RH cast/crew:
https://twitter.com/NotoriousPKP/lists/robin-hood

All the pix are there.

Thanks for the links ALiz and PKP!

Looks like Lee and his fellow cast members had a fun night . Good job there are no shows today!

Thanks for the photos!

OK i'm in the mood for a review even though its late.

I went with the family on Sun29th and Monday matinee 30th December.

Its so hard to say things without spoilers for the show!!

The show is very funny and completely whacky. In fact I hear its getting funnier and whackier every time they do it!! It'll be a riot by the time they get to the last show!

I loved it. The overall wow factor for me was finally seeing Lee in that costume after spending several months drooling over the photoshoot pics!
And boy does he look good in it!!

We were sat in row B so we had a close enough view to count the hairs and I don't think I will be crossing any boundaries by saying that there is no shirt and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!

The audience was very loud, Bobby Davro does a good job at getting everyone going in lots of ways that I can't say!

The front rows are very 4D in terms of experience!! OMG I even have to careful with my use of smilies!

Its a very different show compared to Jack and the Beanstalk predominately because Julian was absent. We did miss Julian for his drama and presence and also Paul Zerdin which we also enjoyed last year. Bobby is different but is very good. I love the chemistry between Lee and Nigel Havers.
The kids loved Bobby's jokes and were happy to go to the second show within 24hrs lol (I didn't bribe them honest).
They do some funny musical numbers which get everyone cheering.

Its a very long way to travel and with this terrible weather its even more of a worry but if anyone thinks they have a small chance of going, they should try because its well worth it.

Good luck to anyone going over the next few days.

Does any body want a 30 second vid from the show....am I allowed to post that here? Let me know.

Great review, Jazzy!

Thanks Jazzy. Getting even more excited now!

Best of luck getting there Cassie!! The weather here is so scary this morning! You must have similar?

Don't think it is quite as bad here though we do have some flooding locally....same place floods every year though. Trying to keep thinking positive thoughts about Tuesday's journey.

You will be ok i'm sure, fingers crossed. Just think of the sword twizzling and the looooooooowww neckline ;)

Stop it!!! I am having enough of a job resisting the temptations you have put on FB.

Another review (from the Torquay Herald Express) :-

LINKY THING

Incidentally, whenever I see anything mentioning Torquay, I always think of ALW (on ADWD) saying that he'd love to hear Lee sing 'Torquay, Torquay'!

A small picture of the final line-up has surfaced on Twitter. You can see Lee in his white crushed velour tights/leggings/trousers!!!

http://t.co/8SMXgikiwO

Thanks, ALiz!

Here's a closer-up crop of that one and another one that was posted by the TRP earlier.

photo credit: @abgutherx

photo credit: Theatre Royal Plymouth

Thanks for the photo and close-ups ALiz and PKP!

It's nice to get a glimpse of Lee in his 'other' Robin Hood outfit

That last pic is absolutely STUNNING!

Stunning indeed. I hope everybody managed to get to Plymouth over the last week, and that people make it there this week. My journey down wasn't too bad, just one awkward bit where we had to get off the train at Tiverton Parkway and get a replacement coach to Plymouth. It was straight through to Sheffield (And then the train goes on to Dundee) afterwards.

And now I'm going to give you a blow-by-blow account of the panto, spoilers and all...

OH NO I'M NOT!! Them as wants spoilers must PM me. On here, all I'll say is that Lee was brilliant, both vocals and acting, Bobby Davro was very funny and Nigel an excellent villain, with some funny touches as well (although that song he pinched from Comic Relief was heavily censored, I remember the original!). The two female leads looked great and sang well, and the little kids were adorable. Jeffrey Holland did quite well too, but I think he was eclipsed by the others. He's a lovely guy to talk to though, the whole cast were lovely at the stage door, especially Lee.

Plymouth itself is well worth a visit too.
Once more, I hope everybody who has booked for this manages to get there.

So funny!

Bobby Davro ‏@BobbyDavro1 1h
In between shows Tea with Lee Mead Hes cooking chicken kiev with vedge My favourite Thank you sexy man x

More here:
https://twitter.com/BobbyDavro1/status/420606683099168770

Thanks for review Tanith - glad you had a good weekend!

And thanks to PKP for linking Bobby Davro's tweet which had some very funny comments to follow. The cast seem like a great bunch of people don't they?

Finally, here's another great (if rather Bobby-centric!) press review:

http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/REVIEW-Panto-Robin-Hood-Theatre-Royal-Plymouth/story-20409159-detail/story.html

A little Friday night treat for you. Photo credit: me.

photo 1525858_10202723234704995_799985139_o_zps4b62b9e6.jpg

photo 1552172_10202723234624993_336612345_o_zps54654045.jpg

photo 1551843_10202723234584992_110465858_o_zps60d9a1aa.jpg

photo 1559219_10202723234664994_2097496219_o_zps3fd1f4d7.jpg

photo 1499182_10202723234544991_630219329_o_zps1263ddf8.jpg

They are not the clearest or best but I hope you enjoy them 🎬🎶🎭✨😺

Lovely! Thank you, Jazzy.

Lovely pics! Those tights look...tight! Thanks Jazzy!

I particularly like the second last one - thanks, Jazzy!

Yes, Johartuk, they fitted where they touched!!!

Thanks for some lovely memories of last week!

Wow, thank you!

Thanks for all the pictures, you spoil us!

Thanks for the pictures Jazzy.

Oh! yes! 'tight' indeed! but with just enough 'Leeway'...so to speak!
and I don't mean 'sideways drift of a boat or aircraft'

Sorry! punishment duly awarded.

Thanks for all the pics Jazzy.
C Liz, I think we get your drift!!!

1 2 3 4