​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Re: So .... It's Holby City for Lofty!!!

Just in time for Lofty's arrival in Holby tonight, a great interview in Metro (on line, not sure about hard copy ...)

Lofty's return

Great interview! Looks like there will be a clash with Dom! I wonder if Dom is su****ious of Lofty's niceness because he thinks he's another Isaac?

Interestingly, he says he's signed up to September. Hopefully, he'll be asked to extend (blimey, I just got Joseph deja vu, then! ).

Another great interview, with the Radio Times. Lofty is in love! I have a feeling he/we could be in for heartbreak .....

Radio Times Lofty in Love

Great first ep tonight! Lofty is as endearing as ever, but he's irritating Dom. I'm waiting for Dom to explode! Sacha was lovely with Lofty - they seem to have very similar personality traits.

The scene where Lofty burst into the operating theatre in full 'operating' outfit made me - I think it was the way he just stood there holding his hands up!

The scene with Robyn was sweet, though I was a bit worried when Robyn said that baby Charlotte had fallen asleep in the car - was she still in the car?

I'm already looking forward to next week!

A brilliant start! I spent half of the episode mesmerised by Lofty and the other half mesmerised by Jac's cheekbones!

She does have rather mesmeric cheekbones!

I still can't believe that Dom thought Lofty was a '5'!

I can't wait for the scene where Lofty explains how he got his nick-name - "Well, it came about because I was homeless, stole a key to someone's house and, unbeknownst to them, lived in their loft for a few days!"

Lofty in the operating theatre - a good idea?

Lee Mead‏ @leemeadofficial 4h
4 hours ago

Cherry scrubs today. Surgery!

LINKY THING

Wow, what an amazing ep! Lee's acting was just stunning! Totally believable, and, at times, heart breaking! There were also moments of humour - Dom's response to Lofty messing with the door (which caused it to slam loudly) was hilarious! "If you do that again, I'll kill you!" I wonder if Lofty and Dom will end up getting together?

I thought Lee was absolutely amazing tonight. The best thing he has ever done by a mile. Those eyes .... I can't get over the depth of his acting now.

That said, I really didn't want Lofty to be gay (or bi), when I read the spoilers. It's so stereotyped - a male nurse, oh, he must be gay (they have had at least three in Casualty - not counting Lofty - and that's only since I started watching - I missed the first ten years!). And no, I do NOT want him to be Dom's love interest!

Making Lofty bi/gay was a bit of a cliché, but saying that, it was well done, and it was great to see Lofty being given some real depth. Lee acted it beautifully, and when Lofty said to Sacha "I loved them both...", that just floored me.

My one complaint is that we still don't know what happened before Lofty started working in the ED. There's all that stuff with his parents 'cutting him off', which I assumed was down to him jilting Alice, but the jilting happened after he left the ED. So what did he do to upset his parents so much that they banished him from the family home and their lives? It sounds almost Dickensian! I do hope we find out!

"Stunning" was the word that kept coming to me as well. Lee was/is just stunning.

photo S19E33 - 2_zpsw0f6hu6r.png

Lofty bits and screencaps are on the website. And we now have a link each week to download the entire episode.

I don't know! Lofty's in Casualty for two years and they finally give him an interesting storyline as he's about to leave. He's in Holby for two weeks and they give him the best storyline ever! I don't mind him being gay/bi at all as I've always supported gay rights, though I can understand the point that there are a lot of characters who are gay or bisexual now. I love the fact that his character has flaws - he really should have spoken up before the wedding, silly lad! - it makes him more human.

I'm very happy!

Who would have thought that sweet, clumsy Lofty (as seen in Casualty) would have such hidden depths...and sex appeal so potent that two people fell in love with him at the same time!

Let's face it, there are dozens/hundreds/thousands of us who are in love with him at the same time - oh, hang on, that's with Lee, not Lofty!

Also, Dom only gave Lofty a '5' (how very dare he!) - so no wonder I can't countenance them getting together, he's a full on '10', anyone can see that!

What I hope they don't do if they give him a relationship is use the 'one partner cheats on the other' storyline - that one really has been done to death.

Just read this thread through again from the beginning. And there was I, going through the cast of Holby, lining up all the single ladies for Lofty .....

Tonight's was a good ep. I felt for Dom, but Lofty was right, he was being a git! Talking of which, the scenes with Dom and Lofty were touching, and well acted by David and Lee. There's great chemistry between them already (the scene where Lofty is messing with the door and Dom threatens to kill him was shown at the beginning of the ep - that still cracks me up!), and I'm loving Dom's waspishness and Lofty's sarcasm - the scene in Sacha's office when he was muttering about Dom being kind to animals had me laughing!

The other person who had me laughing was Jason (the autistic porter), especially his description of Jac - "She's sarcastic and rude!" His interaction with the new doctor (who seems an OK character so far) was sweet.

Fran seems a bit strange - after spending the entire ep trying to get Jac and Jasmine to settle their differences, she seemed put out when they did! Is she going to go all psycho?

In a word, jo - YES. I believe we are about to see some psycho-stuff. (I always thought she was a bit "off" but I don't know the backstory or the characters well so wasn't sure . . . till tonight.)

I love how the camera loves Lee's face . . .

photo S19E35-1_zpsxf1rlhxg.jpg

Lofty bits and screencaps from this week are on the website.

Meanwhile, the Holby summer trailer is here ....

*SPOILER ALERT*

Lots of drama, lots of Lofty!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0552ztj

I have just met my new desktop background!

What's Dom doing to Lofty in the trailer? It look like they're recreating the Potiphar scene from 'Joseph'!

Not much Lofty in tonight's ep, but the bits we got were good!

Loving the Lofty/Dom scene at Darla's bedside - where we found out that Lofty is poor at spelling (slightly worrying, considering that he's a nurse! ) and Dom used to do jigsaws with his gran in Clacton! Those two have great chemistry already!

The scene in the pub made me laugh, especially when Hanssen got a face full of streamers! Once again, Lee's voice was kept under wraps thanks to the 'ban' by the BBC! Though I did think at first that the recording of 'Love Is All Around' that Mr T was listening to was Lee - I'm assuming that it was the original WWW version, but the voice did sound a bit Meady!

I did have hopes for the singing but . . .

photo S19E36-2_zps22hvsr7r.png

Anyway, yes, I agree that Lofty's bit was sweet and light - probably what we need after all the drama.

Lofty bits are on the website!

As I remembered the Casualty episodes when Lee was quite far down on the cast list, I just expected him to be hovering in the background once or twice last night so I was very pleasantly surprised. Hanssen made me laugh aloud.

It was lovely to see him, although in very sad place. All of the Lofty bits from Casualty are on the website home page.

Wow, brilliant ep tonight! Both lighthearted moments and dark/dramatic/sad.

Jasmine's death was very sad, but well done. Poor Damon, what a first day!

Dom and Lofty! Their reaction when the patient asked them how long they'd been together was priceless! There's definitely chemistry there. The jigsaw was sweet - a perfect illustration of Lofty's loveliness and thoughtfulness.

Incidentally, the actor who pla*** the birdwatching patient was in a group with Lee years ago! How weird that they ended up in an ep of Holby together!

I loved the story with Dom and Lofty - it's on the website now.
 photo S19E37-5_zpseeni5zqh.png

I agree that the Jasmine story was very well done - but so sad!

And thank you for that info about the patient, Jo. I remember the tweets after they filmed together.

Lofty's and Dom's expressions in that screencap are brilliant!

Blimey, Lee has lucked out on his filming location today!

Lee Mead‏ @leemeadofficial 34m
34 minutes ago

Shooting at this stunning location today. Lovely.

LINKY THING

All that photo needs is Lee, dressed in white shirt and breeches, walking up from the lake!

I think they're filming a wedding. Given what happened last time Lofty attended a wedding (bride nearly drowned after boat she was on exploded and one of the guests had a heart attack, which led to him 'dying' for a good half hour before being miraculously revived!), it's perhaps not the best idea for him to be on the guest list this time!

Overall, a good ep tonight, with the Jac/Fran storyline being resolved. I think everyone owes Morven an apology.

Who'd have thought it? Lofty the 'Car Whisperer'! :D I don't recall his expertise with cars ever being mentioned before! What are we going to find out next about him? That he's an IT genius? A 10th Dan Black belt in Karate?

Lofty's reaction to Sacha's little poem was funny! I shared his confusion!

That parasite was...eeeewww I was half expecting it to wave at the camera!

I think a 'Ward Lockdown' ep would be interesting. How would they all cope, on lockdown together for 5 days? Who'd snap first? What would Hanssen look like after 5 days in the same suit, with no access to a razor? Would Dom finally flip out after 5 days of Lofty's unremitting cheerfulness?

I had to do a bit of catch up tonight as I've been away the last two weeks. But, yes, I was glad to see the Fran problem solved. So sad for Jac.

However, on a lighter note, love the many faces of Lofty . . . Here are a couple. More on the website screen caps.

photo S19E40-6_zpswhbrgndp.jpg

photo S19E40-5_zpsmlq0ower.jpg

A good ep tonight! Lofty hiding in order to avoid 'Grizelda from Accounts' was hilarious! As was his solution to the 'Grizelda' problem! Blimey, Lofty's sexual magnetism is potent - what with both Grizelda and Dom after him!

I thought the Dom and Lofty scenes were great. Lee and David have on-screen chemistry and you get the sense that both Dom and Lofty are sensitive, damaged souls. My one gripe was that we still didn't find out anything about Lofty! It was so frustrating! When Dom was saying to Lofty (in the scene at the end) that he was lovely and kind, I thought that Lofty looked uncomfortable. Did he do something bad in the past? Has he suffered abuse? It's all so intriguing, and Lee plays it so well!

I felt for Donna. Thankfully, the writers are giving her some depth, and allowing the actress to show what she can do. The girl who pla*** her niece was sweet!

Matteo and Nina are a stunning looking couple. I keep expecting Matteo to toss his hair, Glinda style! It's nice to see them reunited, though it did seem to happen rather quickly and randomly!

Incidentally, I wonder what show the tickets that Lofty bought for Dom were for? Also, why buy tickets and give them to Dom? That seemed a bit random, even for Lofty!

I love your questions, jo. Hopefully someday we will get some answers.

That opening scene with Lofty hiding from Grizelda from Accounts was hilarious. "Dark horse" indeed.

But this scene took the cake for me . . . so I had to share:

photo S19E42-11_zpseqdviobv.jpg

Lofty bits and screen caps are on the website. I'm curious to see how this relationship develops.

I think those tickets were for one of the venues on Lee's concert tour next year Jo - Grizelda from Accounts was really uncover from the Box Office and had released them early or alternatively they could have been this year's Southend Panto tickets

... or 'Sold Out' tickets for the Pheasantry!

I wonder how many takes they needed to get the "Dom! Just play along!" scene right? I can imagine a lot of descents into laughter, forgotten/fluffed lines and hands placed wrongly! That was a very funny scene - Lee's and David's facial expressions were priceless, and the end bit of the scene where Lofty delivered a rather half-hearted "Grizelda! Wait!" (while still standing in the middle of the ward with Dom's hands on his bum) was genius!

Not as much Lofty this week, but the few scenes he had were great. The scene at the end with Sacha was touching. That showed what a kind and sensitive soul Lofty is. I get the impression that Lofty is a lonely person. He seems to have no-one outside of his colleagues (assuming he's still not in contact with his parents), which is quite sad.

I had the same bittersweet feeling, Jo - almost like Lofty was wishing for the same things Sacha is looking for.

Lofty bits are on the website.

photo S19E43-5_zps9pwvjzqg.jpg

I just finished watching the 'Lofty bits' vid. The dropped file made me !

I noticed that in the conversation with Sacha at the end, Lofty said "If I'd only dated people my parents approved of, I wouldn't have got very far." That suggests that they are/were strict and narrow minded. Hmmmm...interesting.

I really want something to happen so that we meet at least one of Lofty's parents. I think there's a good backstory there.

Yes, I'd love to see an appearance by at least one of Lofty's parents. If that were to happen, I'd imagine it would be pretty emotional.

So...the Lofty and Dom saga continues...! Some cute moments (especially Lofty wearing rabbit ears and Dom gazing longingly across the ward at him), but we still weren't told why Dom was so frosty towards Lofty at the start of their shift! I'm assuming it stems from his abortive attempt to kiss Lofty in a previous ep. The Holby bods are teasing us with this whole "Will they/Won't they?" thing!

Now that Lofty is involved in the charity run, I wonder whether we'll see him in running gear?

Guy Self was creepy with all the wedding stuff, especially the dress. I'm glad that Zosia told him where to go at the end of the ep!

Sad to see Bernie go. I was mystified as to why Hanssen didn't suggest that she move to the ED? She's a trauma expert, for goodness' sake! Though I suspect that Hanssen did that deliberately - he's sharp as a tack, so his sudden vagueness and suggestion of a move into hip replacement surgery was deeply su****ious!

Incidentally, Hanssen, in his running gear, looked like a stick of liquorice!

Yeah, I didn't quite understand the whole Dom drama thing and it was never explained. Perhaps to be resolved at a ***ure date?

Lofty bits are on the website - and the video posted by BBC/HolbyCity in case you need more Lofty in bunny ears.
 photo S19E44-1_zpsnvmnndwm.jpg

It was announced today that Joe McFadden (Raf) will be in this year's Strictly line up! I was hoping for a certain curly haired Adonis, but with luck he might turn up in the audience to support Joe, or in at least one of Joe's VTs.

An interview with the Holby 'Series Producer' Kate Hall, which hints at some upcoming storylines - Lofty is mentioned:-

LINKY THING

Incidentally, I enjo*** Guy Self being pinned against the wall by Ollie in tonight's ep!

Loving this tweet from Lee 'at work':-

Lee Mead‏ @leemeadofficial 6h
6 hours ago

That moment you dash down the corridor to use the work showers in only your towel but the door's locked. Then the walk of shame back. "Hi"

Looks like the ep on the 29th is going to be interesting - Lofty's been at the dressing up box again, and this time he's not a rabbit!

LINKY THING

Thanks for the link Jo. Rabbits, chickens, what's Lofty going to be next?
Love his look of resignation in the 2nd photo.

A good ep tonight. I felt for Lofty, especially when the shouty Irish patient was shouting at him! His eyes are so expressive. The chemistry between Lee and David Ames is almost palpable and their acting is so good, the storyline is totally believable. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Does Guy Self have a neurological disorder or is he putting it on? I wouldn't put it past him to be putting it on - he is an expert on neurological stuff after all!

I love Hugh Quareshi (Ric) - he oozes charisma! Ditto Guy Henry (Hanssen).

Poor Lofty - this screencap at the end tore my heart out:

photo S19E46-7_zpsdsv6ihqi.jpg

Lofty bits and more screencaps from this week are on the website.

1 2 3 4 5 6