​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Lee in Plymouth panto - Robin Hood!

Looks as though Lee is doing another panto this year - Robin Hood in Plymouth opposite Nigel Havers as the evil Sheriff of Nottingham!

http://m.thisisplymouth.co.uk/story.html?aid=18744702

Ticket details:

http://www.theatreroyal.com/prod-productions_details.asp?pid=1937

Re: Lee in Plymouth panto - Robin Hood!

Thanks for the 'info' Greycat - sounds like fun!!!

Sadly too far for me!!!!

When QDOS said yesterday that they had another panto announcement coming up for today (Friday), I had a feeling it would be Lee - and actually went as far as looking up trains to Plymouth!!!

Lovely to see he will be reunited with Nigel Havers. Oh - and tights (and hopefully more swordfights) again!

Thanks Greycat for the info. Very perceptive of you A/Liz . As you say, nice to see Lee with Nigel Havers again. A bit of a train journey, but sure we'll find something to talk about en route

Fab news but it is a long way for me too. 4 hours by car, not sure how long by train.

I'm working on convincing the family to spend Christmas in Cornwall!!

I dare say the weather will give us all some headaches again! I don't think I will be able to go more than once or twice but when I am there I will squeeze in as many shows as possible...for economic reasons of course

Jazzy, the train journey from London Paddington to Plymouth is about 3 hours 20 mins, 3 stops, no changes.

Not that we've researched it, of course!

Of course not , a route we frequently take

A/ Liz when you wrote panto on Twitter last night, I looked everywhere to see what you meant. Hadn't realised you were reading tealeaves!!!
If I go, it will be a once only trip by train. I wonder when the best one to do would be...last night I suppose.

Fantastic news for me, only 30 miles away. A few trips methinks.

Another Liz, did you say it was another QDOS produced pantomime.

Yesterday, QDos tweeted they had news, then whoever/whatever it was (can't remember now) wasn't Lee. That's when I tweeted something like "Oh. Was that it? #panto" Then QDos tweeted they would have more news tomorrow/today, so, with Lee news promised from his Facebook page, I put two and two together, and for once didn't get 396!!!

Cassie, if you want the last night, better get booking asap. Tickets have been on sale for about a month already, and are now selling even faster!

Thanks Another Liz, When I posted the question about QDOS I
hadn't seen their tweet about panto in Plymouth and the Theatre Royal
site didn't say who was starring in it. I now see they have all the
information. Good thinking on your part putting 2 and 2 together and
getting the right result.

Thanks again for the heads up.

If anybody wants the last matinee then you need to get booking fairly quickly; it's even more booked up than the evening.

Thanks Annie that's good to know.

Thanks A/Liz. Just had a look and a lot of seats for the last night are sold already:-(. It's just slightly more complicated when it's a long way to go. Will have to get my act together.

It's a long way from Sheffield, but I'll look into it. There might even be a coach and hotel package for Plymouth round about that time.

Well done Lee getting another leading part! Imagine green tights, sword fights,tree climbing, damsels in distress, opportunities for songs,comedy if not slapstick these days!that's another month of work and in G.B. Expect he would withdraw if he had a better offer from Hollywood.

From this recent exchange on Twitter, it looks as though Lee will be in Plymouth next Tuesday for some panto promo:

@TRPlymouth: "In need of a #TRPrecommendation? Tweet : - Favourite performance - Favourite film - Favourite book ... and we'll provide a recommendation."

@nic1j: "@TRPlymouth Let me think, Joseph, Legally Blonde, Wicked, so perhaps we should come see Robin Hood Panto starring Lee Mead!!!! ;)"

@TRPlymouth: "@nic1j Haha yes you probably should! (pssst Lee Mead is in Plymouth next Tuesday)"

Looking forward to the pics

Exciting. No tights Sue, he's already said no.

Tights or no tights, I'm going - managed to get a Travelodge booking!

I'm dragging the family down to Plymouth. We are doing two shows, an evening followed by the next day matinee then driving home!
I can't help thinking that I might book again later in the run and just go on my own.

Hope they let the Sheriff say "Tell the widows and orphans Christmas is cancelled", that would crack me up.

They're filming a TV ad for the panto as we speak, apparently at a secret location in Dartmoor, and Theatre Royal Plymouth (@TRPlymouth) are tweeting pics!!! As Lee said, no tights, but hey!!!

https://twitter.com/TRPlymouth/status/377366258851012609/photo/1

https://twitter.com/TRPlymouth/status/377365401686245376/photo/1

There was a rumour he was doing a horseback shot - I live in hope!!!

There are also some Facebook shots of a swordfight with Nigel Havers (the Sheriff of Nottingham, bearing a remarkable resemblance to Fleshcreep!)

https://www.facebook.com/TheatreRoyalPlymouth/posts/10151699126869010

https://twitter.com/TRPlymouth/status/377368943767584768/photo/1

Thanks A/Liz, loving the photos , once finished, it'll be the only advert I've ever wanted to record .
Perhaps the theatre are on a budget so they're using Fleshcreep's costumes from last year for Nigel .

Lee looks fab! I can't wait to see the completed ad (especially if there is a horseback scene!)

OMG!!! Crash alert!!! Horseback he is!!!

Lee on Horseback!!!

It looks a very docile horse, doesn't it?

You must have been a very good girl lately A/Liz, you've got your wish . I think that is Prince

It looks more like a carthorse in their latest pics on Facebook! Apparently he's called Dudley and is rather partial to plants!!!

I see Dame Trott is back in the fold too! I wish they'd had Julian as well, then it would have been a full set.

Phwoar! I'm supposed to be working but ... Phwoar!!!!

Heck in a handcart! That is one HELL of a way to distract me from impending germs! Can I volunteer as Maid Marion?! LOL

PHWOAAARRRRR!

He looks absolutely lush!

LOL, is he the first panto Robin Hood who doesn't get the billowy white shirt? Brilliant costuming decision!

I noticed that!

I will be seriously p***ed off if he is wearing a shirt for the panto. Part of me thinks it was just an error on the costume dept or maybe it wasn't ready and they had to go ahead anyway?! Everything crossed this is THE outfit with no more additions to come.

As a great fan of frilly white shirts but also of Lee's arms etc, maybe we could have both! Shirtless in act 1 and with shirt in act 2. LOL
BTW just love the photos. phew!

Yes, maybe he could start with the frilly white shirt, but dramatically 'lose' it at some point .....

Chest hair

A/Liz, perhaps they should employ us as costume consultants. I am sure we have lots more ideas!

More photos on Facebook today including some from the hotel where the shoot was.

And now we also have a video clip:-

LINKY THING

Photographer Simon Gomery has a choice selection of photos at his Facebook gallery for yesterday's shoot:

https://www.facebook.com/SimonGomeryPhotography

STUNNING PHOTOS of Lee.

Let the Meadmushing begin!

Gorgeous photos, but I can't find the video clip on the Herald link, just the 6 photos

The video wasn't loading for me either, Ruthie. At least not at the moment.

But the photos on Facebook are gorgeous! Please make sure you look at the photographer's full album from yesterday's shoot. There are some gorgeous shots there! And the hotel has put a lovely one up of Lee taken through one of their windows. Meadmushed, indeed!

Let's see if this embed code works!

Nope, sorry, didn't work. The video is at the Herald site, but you might want to try a different browser to see if that will work better for you, Ruthie.

You're right, PKP, the browser is the answer. I use Internet Explorer, and there was no sign whatsoever of a video. I just tried with Google Chrome and, lo and behold, below the pictures a short video appeared (which just wasn't there on IE), which I was able to watch.

Incidentally, BBC Radio Cornwall are interviewing cast members during the course of this week (not sure if it's the Meadmushed lady in the photos ). Today was Nigel Havers, I believe, but I don't know what day Lee will be on. Try @BBCCornwall on Twitter for a link, programme between 9.00am and 12.00noon if you can, or hopefully there will be a listen again feature.

I love how the Meadmushed lady reporter (Debbie) got her photo and cuddle with Lee!

https://twitter.com/BBCCornwall/status/378034540985319424/photo/1

Thanks for all the links everyone.
He looks gorgeous in that outfit! Those tights look similar to the ones he wore in JATB but in a different colour.

Another article promoting the panto but with a rather tantalizing mention about the new tv job:
http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/Lee-Mead-Nigel-Havers-Bobby-Davro-Jeffrey-Holland/story-19790026-detail/story.html#axzz2ekOqUPYE

"And I've got my first regular TV role," he says. "It will take up a lot of time over the next few months to two years, a full-time job.
"I can't say anything more now but you should hear about it in the next couple of weeks." Intriguing."

A regular tv role!!! That's very exciting news.
Is he going to be in Corrie? or maybe Doctor Who???

I hope it's on regular telly and not on Sky! I still haven't seen Bedlam or whatever it was called as that was only on Sky

It has to be a soap surely?

I'm hoping for Casualty or Holby but it could be EastEnders too. The suspense is killing We best make the most of these concerts and the panto then as there won't be much after if he's filming the whole time. I'm happy for him though.

1 2 3 4