​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Author
Comment
Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

Aah, that's sweet! Sounds like Betsy is in for a fun day!

Denise has an article in the Travel section of today's Mail on Sunday about her holiday with Betsy in Thailand last year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2315804/Denise-van-Outen-revisits-vibrant-Koh-Samui-Thailand.html

Thanks Greycat that is lovely Betsy is gorgeous,I have got an article from last year and pic's when they went to the wedding but that pic of Betsy and Denise on the sand wasn't in so that is a nice bonus lovely of both of them,thank you xx

From this tweet from the editor of Hello magazine, it looks as though Denise has a new job...

@rosie_nixon: "Plus in this weeks @hellomag, I'm thrilled to welcome lovely @denise_vanouten to our team! She'll be interviewing her star friends for us."

Thanks Greycat very interesting, I know she did a shoot for them last week wonder if that was anything to do with it? she has finished with Prima Baby she is just not in it now so that will give her time for Hello

Unfortunately Acer, it seems that the Hello photoshoot was to accompany yet another interview with Denise about her personal life. It has already sparked the next round of 'marriage in difficulty' stories on the internet. I'm not sure what Denise's agenda in all of this is, but I really wish she would learn when it's better to keep quiet and let things blow over.

I think her agenda is to keep fuelling these rumours, I cannot
understand why she wants to do this as she surely doesn't need the
publicity. She seems to have changed since she did SCD for some
reason. She needs to grow up and be more responsible in her actions.

I really wish that Denise would stop discussing her marriage in interviews. She's making things worse. It would be better if she just said "The rumours are untrue!" and left it at that. Instead, she ties herself in knots coming up with answers to the questions. She's a bit of a liability, which is surprising, given that she has years of experience of dealing with the media and you'd think she'd have commonsense.

I agree, Maggiemay, she needs to grow up!

For all those who are criticizing Denise for defending herself, have any of you actually read the Hello interview? Because I have and there's absolutely nothing in there to justify any of the tabloid headlines from it. You're making my eyes roll right out of my head with this nonsense.

Please! The tabloids will twist anything to create a salacious headline. Why? Because that's what IDIOTS respond to! It's called linkbait. Any sucker who falls for it is a tool who's just helping the tabloids make money. And why do the opinions of obvious idiots matter? They are of no consequence whatsoever. Zilch. Zero. None. Nada.

Denise and Lee will continue to be successful on their own merits regardless of what a bunch of yahoos think/tweet/post/yammer on about. 'Cuz it's obviously hurt people like Tom Cruise so much he's hardly made a movie in, oh, I dunno, days?

I'm sure that if you were in Denise's position (which obviously none of you have ever been or ever would be), you'd do things differently because your background and experiences have better prepared you for such challenges, right? I'd love to hear what those are because frankly I can't fathom how they'd match hers!

Also? Grownups are allowed to defend themselves. If you want to be a doormat and call yourself dignified, that's fine too, but not everyone is made to be walked over.

Totally agree with you PKP-

If i was in Denise's position right now, i would be certainly speaking out in these interviews, to me it is a Natural Response of how she is feeling about the whole saga.I would not want to be walked all over by the Media,she needs to get it off her chest.

I'll guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Beyond an initial tweet, Lee has said nothing during the current media frenzy and I don't see him as a doormat at all. I think he is being very sensible in keeping his private life private rather than providing more fodder for the tabloids. I hope he will manage to avoid being drawn into commenting too much on recent events during the upcoming round of promo for WEM.

This forum is for discussion, not to be lectured or fired down in flames.

Everyone is entitled to think what they like and I will continue with my own thoughts and keep them to myself.

Shame.

While I agree that Denise should be able to defend herself in all the interviews she does I really do think she should know by now that the tabloids and media always like to gossip and twist anything that is said. At the moment they (the media) are looking for any sign of negativity about their marriage so at the present time I feel she needs to conduct a dignified silence then eventually the paps etc may move on to someone else’s private life.

Oh and Lee is definitely not a doormat!!

A dignified silence means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the tabloids.

Here's an experiment. Go to any of the tabloid websites and count up the number of articles where it is demonstrably clear that the celebrity has spoken directly to that writer to give a statement. Study the language they use. How much of it is sophistry and obfuscation? So, how many are there? NONE.

A celeb doesn't have to do or say anything if the tabloids want to USE them for a story. That's all that the tabloids do. Whether a celeb says something or not makes absolutely no difference at all. If the Daily Mail knows that a headline about Denise gets an immense number of views, then they will continue to make them up with no prompting whatsoever. It's how they make money -- YOU KNOW THAT RIGHT?

The tabloids have been doing this to Denise and all major celebs for years. What evidence is there to suggest that they will stop when the celeb doesn't say anything? That's got nothing to do with it. The only reason for the tabloids to stop making up stories is when that particular celeb's stories don't attract the number of views they've come to expect. Low view counts mean not meeting their advertising quotas, which means they don't earn the ad revenue projected.

These alleged journos will write stories based entirely on speculation and hearsay from unknown or fictional sources. Would this be admissable in court? No, because when you apply logic to the situation, it would not stand up to scrutiny. It wouldn't even stand up in a school debate! But they will phrase it in such a way to weasel out of responsibility.

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOBODY is entitled to give your opinion any credence when it's DEVOID of justification, evidence, logic, or basic common sense. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously then bring some actual substance to the discussion -- EARN IT.

Go ahead, back up your claims, innuendo, or idle gossip. We're patient, we'll come back later to give it our full and undivided attention.

P.S. Greycat, my doormat remark was not referring to Lee. He has made it clear in tweets that the tabloid rumors are complete rubbish.

I love this forum very much and thank Kirsten for all her hard work
in keeping it going, unfortunately there are quite a few fans who
have stopped posting because they are worried they will get slammed down.
I really look forward to logging into LMAS for all the news, fun posts
etc., especially if I am feeling a bit down. I personally think
this is the best Forum around and hopefully it will keep going for many years
to come and fans that have stopped posting will feel they want to start posting
again.

Excuse me for barging in since I do not post all that often, but this topic has really gotten under my skin.

The point PKP is making, I believe, is that the tabloid press - printed or online - gives the people what it responds to whether those responses are positive or negative. Eyes on the computer screen or printed page = advertising = $$$$$$$$$$ or £££££££

They will use anything, even casually walking down the street without a big grin on your face, and make up anything they want to just to get that response.

When Denise was asked about her relationship, she answered honestly. Of course the time apart would put a strain on their relationship. Of course relationships take maintenance work. Of course they go through periods of not so wedded bliss. Doesn't yours? Mine sure does and my husband is a saint. (not really a saint - just a really good guy )

We really have no idea what their marriage is like. We hope that Lee is happy most of the time because no one is happy all of the time. We all want what is best for him but he is the only person who can determine what that is.

But we can not judge his relationship with Denise. We do not have that right or that power over him. She is his wife. We need to respect that and he would expect nothing less from us.

Sorry to rant.

Denise has always been a girl who loves Media Attention. Given the type of career she has the more she is the the paper the better.If she did not want to need never be seen by the press but she obviosly loves the attention.

Lee is hoping for a more "serious" career and does not need to be seen at parties and holiday spots;

If they can work out a compromise all will be well. Still annoyes me thought when the papers are making it sound that Lee abandoned her for LA.
After all at Easter he came home and she went away the next dy on Holiday, where as most people would surly have taken the oportunity to have a few days together.

As I say prob. not my buisness anyway if it works for them.

There are a couple of nice photos of Lee taken today leaving
the flat, it is on the DM site, I wondered if someone could
do a link to just the photos of Lee and not the DM article.

They are nice pics - he's looking good! Denise is as well! I love her dress!

I get the impression that the DM are desperate to get a photo of Lee and Denise together, but they aren't playing ball!

Nice pic's he is looking much better now getting over the virus

Is anyone worried about the lack of promotion for WEM? There doesn't seem to be much about other than online. I think they need to get more TV coverage to sell the tickets.

I have just had a "Whats on Stage" newsletter emailed to me, and up popped Lee & Company advertising "The West End Men" show, not sure where else these newsletters get distributed to though.

Suejo I have had one as well

Yes, I got one of those as well.

Lee mentioned in a tweet (on Friday, I think) that he was going to do a 'quick bit of filming' at ITV - perhaps that was WEM related?

The WEM could do with performing a song together on something like the 'Alan Titchmarsh' show or 'Loose Women'. The potential audience out there need to be given an idea of what WEM is about (and how they sound).

Jazzy have there been any print ads? They need more than a WOS email.

There have been two - Evening Standard and Metro. It would be good to see some more newspaper coverage.

Thought it might at least be in the usual theatre listings in the papers by now.

Just seen a tweet from Christopher Wheeler (who is involved in WEM), saying that Lee and Matt will be on @whatscookingtv. Their twitter site says Channel 4 at 11.30, but as it's on daily, I've no idea what day!

ETA: Just looked on Sky menu, it's this Friday - Channel 4, 11.30 am.

Perhaps the 'quick bit of filming' was the cooking program as I don't think its live. I saw Denise on it yesterday afternoon so I think it gets repeated after the original showing.

I haven't seen any paper adverts for WEM but I don't really buy papers. They seem to be relying a lot on the internet.

C Liz, I agree about Loose Women or AT, those would be good shows to do. I rather fear that Matt will hog the limelight though

Jazzylou you have taken the words out of my mouth when I saw they were om Whats Cooking I thought yes if Matt doesn't hog it,I saw Denise on it Monday and she didn't have all that much to say they just seem to sit watching the cook,would be better on Loose Women although sometimes Matt's wife presents it so could be This Morning all over again

Jazzy, I think you mean Johartuk, (earlier post) but I must admit, I would also love to see Lee being interviewed again (and singing, if that's not too greedy Lol!) on the 'AT' show, preferably on his own though...

However, it looks as if the 'AT' show is taking a break at the moment, so from an advertising point of view, it wouldn't be any help to WEM at the present time anyway. Shame!

Good news on the PR front - according to his Facebook page, he's been busy:-

"Lee is doing quite a lot of WEM press/publicity over the next few days so watch out for magazine/press articles about the show and maybe even unexpected appearances on Radio and TV as well!"

...and a few specific details of newspaper/magazine interviews:-

"We understand that Lee has done/is doing interviews for Star Magazine, Fabulous Magazine and S Mag (Sunday Express Supplement) among others. We don't know when these will be published so keep looking out for them!"

Thanks Jo, just caught up with that piece of good news...

Although, we don't always get to hear about every detail straight away, it did cross my mind that Lee would already be busy behind the scenes, with advertising WEM. The more media outlets he can 'tap' the better...

Looking forward to reading, seeing and hearing some news snippets very soon...

"Star" Magazine. (no I have never heard of it either !!!!!) has a full page article from Lee with large photo of him with his new haircut.Intitled "Marriage is Hard" you said it babe !!saying how they have had to work hard to keep things together.

One thing that is making me cross is every article I read about the state of their marriage seems to blame on Lee being in America for months at a time. If they bothered to check they would find he came home quite offten, The thing I do find strange is the fact that every time he came home ex. Easter New Year Mrs Mead seemed to go away on Holidays no one mentions this they all seem to put the blame on Lee being in the States. Also Den was in Strictly for Months and then on the tour.

Hoefully they seem to be trying to sort things out

That Star Magazine piece is not an interview with Lee. It's just a clip job of quotes they've taken from his This Morning interview.

Maggie, don't worry, lots of people here and at the Daily Fail are happy to blame Denise for their supposed marriage problems!

According to Lee there are no marriage problems, and I'd believe him over the tabloids. I'd also say that you can't blame Denise for the slant the tabloids put on the story. To be fair, she's always pointed out that not seeing each other was as much down to her work commitments as Lee's. It's only thr tabloids who persist in banging on about Lee going to LA. Best to ignore the Star interview, I think. Especially if it is just cobbled together nonsense.

I'm sorry, but I really don't think we should be discussing Lee's marriage problems (if there are any) on here. I'm sure we all have our own views about the stories doing the rounds, but it's his private life and we should respect that. He's obviously very upset about the stories in the press, and it doesn't look good if he's the subject of gossip on here as well.

Lee's FB page mentioned that he has recently done or is doing interviews with Star magazine among others so, although the interview PKP has seen is a piece of cobbled together nonsense, I would expect a proper 'interview' to appear at some point in the magazine. Of course, it will probably focus on personal issues rather than WEM or other work-related news so may not be worth looking out for!

I have higher hopes for the promised interview in the Sunday Express' S magazine as it usually has decent articles.

It is Mothers Day tomorrow here in Aussie, so i decided to go on the "123 Greeting- E Cards online. To my surprise!! who popped up - Lee!!
I clicked on the youtube -called Bunches of Love -Mothers Day, when it finished,
all these youtubes came on, "West End Men", Legally Blonde,Lee by himself singing various songs.Must say the youtubes are so clear.
Some of you may already know about this, but first time i have come across them. Lets just say, i did not expect to be seeing Lee, when i was trying to sort out a Mothers Day e-card.
I don't think you can actually send the youtube as a e-card, i clicked on where it says send,then where you have to put in your information, but comes up on preview, as the Bunches of Love Bear.

That sounds interesting Suejo,I haven't heard of it but then I am not clever on computer

Oh how I agree A/Liz with your post. Sometimes I've logged on and thought 'oh no, not again' and feel like turning off. Then I think maybe I'm in the wrong site as it appears to have turned into either an extension of the ghastly gutter press/gossip mags or the Marriage Guidance Council! The last time I looked this site was called the LM Appreciation Society which to me means exactly that, appreciating Lee for the lovely and talented guy we know him to be, not discussing his private life. I think Lee would be very hurt if he knew the 'gossip' going on behind his back by some of his fans and I, personally, hope it stops on this site and we get back to discussing all the lovely things about Lee. For those of you that wish to discuss 'other things' why not to email each other.

That's my rant over, I'm sure not everyone will agree with what I have said, but I do feel very strongly about it, in my opinion enough's enough.

Incidentally Ladies, I had a Google Alert a couple of months ago picking up on something which was posted on this site (presumbly triggered because the full name L.. M... was used)! I'm not going to say who it was or what was said (fortunately it was nothing nasty), so remember when you post you're not sitting in Costa chatting over a cup of coffee but 'speaking' to the world! www (world wide web) means exactly that!

Suejo - I'm sure sourcing a Mother's Day card has never been so pleasurable

Spot on A/Liz and AnnieB. It is bad enough that all this rubbishy drivel is out there in the first place, without repeating it on here.
Certainly not what I want to read on this forum.

Thanks Cassie

Whilst we are all enthralled by Lee’s finest qualities, we are also caring people who worry about his problems. In my opinion, we should be entitled to discuss these matters when they raise themselves. We certainly do not need anyone to try to blank out these concerns and tell us what we may or may not discuss.

Everyone is entitled to free speech, of course, so if you feel happy with discussing Lee's private life on a public forum for all to see (which MAY include his family and management) then that's entirely your choice.

Changing the subject, I see Matt is on Loose Women today discussing WEM - without Lee this time.

I am afraid it was mostly about Matt again,very little about WEM

Maggie Ball
Whilst we are all enthralled by Lee’s finest qualities, we are also caring people who worry about his problems. In my opinion, we should be entitled to discuss these matters when they raise themselves. We certainly do not need anyone to try to blank out these concerns and tell us what we may or may not discuss.

Yes, but there's a fine line between concerns based on factual information and gossip-based innuendo.

When Lee himself has rubbished these rumors, why give credence to the tabloid media which are known for making up stories out of thin air?

If Lee says it's rubbish once, but the tabloids say the opposite every day for weeks on end, what would lead you to believe the latter over the man who's ACTUALLY IN THE RELATIONSHIP?

Maggie, there's NOTHING to be concerned about. The tabloids have manufactured this non-story out of nothing, the same as they did LAST YEAR with the stupid "bickering" stories.

I wonder if someone could answer a question for me? I don't
know much about twitter but I notice that underneath Lee's tweets
it says 'web' but it normally says 'twitter'. When it says web
does it mean that it is tweeted from a computer only I was sure
Lee's used to say twitter underneath his tweets.

I realise this question may sound a bit stupid but I really
don't know much about twitter and just wondered what the
difference was, if any.

Thanks

maggiemay

maggiemay I am not brilliant on twitter but I think it means from PC as opposed to phone,cheers x

Thanks for replying acer.

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15