Start a New Topic 
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Author
Comment
Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

That brings back happy memories of RAH

johartuk
From Lee\'s latest tweet, it appears he and his \'Casualty\' cast-mates have been to see \'20th Century Boy\' tonight.

I wonder if it was strange for him, watching someone else play Bolan when he was once in talks for the role - what might have been!

Lee obviously met the cast after the show - tweet from Warren Sollars (Bolan):

@WarrenSollars:
@leemeadofficial @New_Theatre glad you enjoyed it mate. Great to meet you after

I really hope Lee get the chance to create a role in a new musical one day

HAPPY 4th of JULY
To all of Lee's US Fans.

It is rather quiet around these parts at the moment! Hopefully there will be more action on the forum when Lee's next live performances get underway in May - followed, of course, by the 2015 'Some Enchanted Evening'tour.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to hearing the "interesting" news teased on the offical FB page. I am wondering if it is anything to do with the news Lee himself is/was waiting for by 1 March (from tweets)?

I wondered if the 'interesting thing' was Eurovision, but someone mentioned that on FB and the FB bods said no.

Whatever it is, it sounds intriguing. Maybe he's revisiting 'Joseph' in some form? Isn't there an animated film in the works?

I think Lee did say once that he was approached about Eurovision a few years ago and said no - it sounded as though he plans to steer well clear of that one which is probably a good idea given the fate of the UK entry nowadays!

I can't seem to read all the FB comments at the moment (I'm on my tablet) but it seems as though at least one guess got close - or at least lukewarm. I like the Joseph idea but possibly the Eclipse bods would sound more enthusiastic if it was that - it would be big news! I'm guessing it is some sort of one-off performance.

There has been some very interesting guesses so far.
I like these:
1. Something for Comic Relief
2. Royal Variety Performance
3. Promo vid for his new album
4 The new face of a sophisticated brand ad. #CK's #justsaying

Don't think it would be the "face", Joan .....

Not sure a CK ad could be considered "performance-related" but it would certainly meet the definition of "interesting"!!!

Something Comic Relief-related is very plausible - the timing is right. The RVP also sounds feasible though I'm not sure when it takes place this year.

It's a year since a certain curly haired Adonis made his first appearance in 'Casualty'! Saturday nights have never been the same since!

As Lee enters his second year as Lofty, it's fun to hear that Daniel Boys will be also be spending some time in Holby City Hospital! He'll be appearing in an episode of Holby City on 31 March. I wonder if he'll be a patient?

On the subject of Daniel - his Facebook page has been relaunched today. Some nice vids of performances.

LINKY THING

I'd love to see Lee tackle 'Come What May' and 'Who Wants To Live Forever'.

I see the latest line-up of the West End Men has been announced ahead of their latest tour. This is the same line-up that they took to China recently (see WEM in China thread on the previous page).

Glenn Carter (who we know from the WEM residency at The Vaudeville), Marcus Collins (ex X Factor & Hairspray), James Bisp (who I recall was in the ensemble in Joseph) and Alexis Gerred (Dreamboats & Petticoats).

Not for me, sadly.

James Bisp was 1st understudy Joseph (and ensemble) in the WE production, but he never got to go on as Joseph thanks to the Lord drafting in Lewis to 'do the honours'!

Marcus Collins was X-Factor runner-up in 2011. He's done some musical theatre, but he seems to have a habit of dropping out of productions. I don't think he's that good - certainly not in the same league as Lee, Stephen, Ramin, etc.

Interesting news announced by Qdos today that they are bringing panto back to the West End in 2016 for the first time in 29 years:

http://www.pantomime.com/news/pantomime-is-coming-home-to-the-palladium-after-29-year-absenceoh-yes-it-is

http://www.cinderellapalladium.com/

They haven't announced any casting yet but it would be fantastic if Lee were involved! Hopefully we will find out quite soon which panto/location he will be doing this year

I saw the announcement on a theatre board - when I saw that it was a Qdos production, I did wonder!

6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15