​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Author
Comment
Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

A lovely photo of Lee and Denise with a little patient at Great Ormond Street today (so he obviously hasn't set off for LA - yet).

Lee & Denise at GOSH

Awwww! that is such a lovely photo.
It's really wonderful to see Lee and Denise making one little girl's day,
a very special one, in Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Two lovely people giving something back...
Good on them...

Thanks A/Liz for the find.

Aaah, lovely pic!

Thanks A/Liz, lovely photo.
There's also another lovely one on Twitter from @Jayne1412 (sorry can't do linky thing for this one).

This one, Annie?

Linky thing

Yes, that's the one. Thanks A/Liz

I found this interview with Denise in the Tesco Magazine.

http://www.tescomagazine.com/mum-of-the-year/moty-blog/exclusive-interview-with-denise-van-outen.html

There are a few mentions of Lee, including this:

"I’ve tried to teach Lee the Strictly dance moves, but he’s not very good. He can’t do the waltz or any of the Latin dances – but you never know, maybe next year he could be part of Strictly…"

I really hope not ! Hope he will have moved on to better things. WOuld he really want to be judged again.

There is a lovely short video of Denise and Lee visiting
a young baby at GOSH posted by @Total_VanOuten this evening.
You can tell Lee is really touched by the experience.

There are 2 videos posted on the twitter page now.

Thank you @Total_VanOuten

Here are the linky things for those who like such things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLAYP_41e9E&feature=youtu.be&a

Lee just can't take his eyes off that baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrfXAMCueV4&feature=youtu.be&a

Lovely to see those vids. Thanks for the links A Liz.

Totes adorable! Thanks, ladies!

Aww, that's so cute!

Thanks ladies that is just adorable,can just imagine how Lee is with Betsy,liked the touch from Denise getting Lee in the picture

Is anyone else on the forum concerned about not hearing anything from
Lee on twitter for over a week.

Maggiemay, I don't know whether Lee's lack of tweets are anything to worry about. Perhaps there is something going on in his life which means that he doesn't feel like tweeting much?

On the other hand, he could just be busy, or his Blackberry/phone may be on the blink, or he may just not have anything much to tweet at the moment. Lee's tweets do tend to be somewhat intermittent anyway. I think he tweets most when he is in a show or doing concerts, that is, when he is 'in work mode'. In between jobs, his schedule is probably more irregular and he does occasionally go for several days at a time without tweeting.

He has mentioned before that he would only be around London until 1 March so he may be in the US by now and therefore unlikely to tweet much for a while. We'll just have to be patient!

It seems a bit odd, but I assumed that either he was busy tying up loose ends before setting off for the US or that he was working on something.

Thanks for replying to my post ladies, much appreciated.

I know it is stupid of me worrying and Lee is not one to tweet
very often, but it does seem rather a long time. All I could think of
is maybe his phone is broken.

Nice to have the forum ladies to chat to when you are concerned
about something no matter how trivial it may seem.

I was really Thrilled to get a Birthday "Twitter" from him before he went quiet. Meant a lot as things are a bit difficult here at the present. Hubby is still in Hospital.

Thinking of you and hubby Maggie, hope things improve.

Looks like he's on his way, ladies:

https://twitter.com/Djyeo/status/308604509020639232/photo/1

New glasses!

Thanks A/Liz for the news sad though it is,hoping he has a safe flight

Well spotted A/Liz, lets hope all goes well for him.

Love to see him wearing glasses.

Thanks everyone for all the news and links

maggie it is ok now,cheers x

I see Lee has (briefly) broken his silence on Twitter:

@leemeadofficial: "Damp morning in LA.. come on sun!!"

From the BBC weather site, it seems Lee can look forward to lovely sunshine and temperatures of 23-24 degrees by the weekend. So he should be all right!

I liked Ashleigh Gray's reply to him:

@Ashleigh_Gray: "@leemeadofficial @stephenrahman_h @raminkarimloo Hang on...are you all in LA at the moment?! I WANNA PLAY TOO!! xxx"

Don't we all!

I see from her tweets that Denise was on the Alan Titchmarsh Show today. Did anyone catch it? Just in case there was mention of anything Lee-related! It seems she was mainly on to talk about Comic Relief.

I'd have watched it if I'd known but there has been no info about guests on the AT show in the listings. It is not up on itvplayer yet either. Maybe tomorrow.
I had a shock when I saw the time on the thread! I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the month before we are back in sync.

Greycat
I see from her tweets that Denise was on the Alan Titchmarsh Show today. Did anyone catch it? Just in case there was mention of anything Lee-related! It seems she was mainly on to talk about Comic Relief.

No she wasn't. She might have been filming her ep today, though, as they usually record a show on the same day as they do a live show.

Ah, thanks for the update Johartuk

No point trying to catch today's episode on ITV Player then - that's a relief. I hate having to plough through all those ads! I suppose Denise will be on tomorrow or Friday.

Hi Greycat,

Denise was on the Alan Titchmarsh show today (Wednesday) but it is not
on ITVPlayer yet, I should think it will be on soon though.

Aah, I only saw the first bit (about Reality TV) and the 'What's Coming Up On Today's Show' bit (which didn't mention Denise), so I assumed that she wasn't on.

Johartuk, I watched Tuesday's show and at the end Alan said that
Denise would be on Wednesday's show, so I assumed she was on but
I could be wrong.

Denise was on she was with Tony Hadley talking about comic relief,Lee was not mentioned,she has got her one woman show coming up she is very busy,when Nadia was doing her cookimg Denise was there eating the sausage and mash she looked as if she enjoyed it

Thanks for all the info ladies.
No wonder Lee & Denise make such a good couple - they both enjoy their food!

A newspaper article about the ALW tribute concert being recorded this weekend:-

LINKY THING

Denise is involved.

Thanks, Johartuk. If it's the same production team that did Superstar, I think I'll give this a pass!

DVO and Kimberley may have recorded their number earlier on - they tweeted about doing a song together. OTOH, the Girls Aloud tour has a break this weekend, so maybe they are recording it this weekend. It sounds like it's going the celeb route rather than West End performers (aside from Denise who was actually in an ALW musical). And since when is Simon Cowell an expert on ALW's work? He hates musicals!

Denise and Kimberley will presumably recording their song this weekend - the recordings are on Saturday and Sunday. They could be rehearsing already, though. I'm intrigued to know what they're singing. Looking at Kimberley's album, she has two ALW songs on it - 'Memory' and 'Another Suitcase In Another Hall'. I would be very suprised if she attempted Memory, as you really need to have a strong voice to attempt it. 'Another Suitcase...' would be a more sensible option as it's not a song that requires a lot of belting. That being said I don't know if it would work as a duet. The other possibility would be something from 'Tell Me On A Sunday', but anything from that would have to be rearranged as a duet.

There's a RUG press release with names of one or two other performers taking part.

LINKY THING

I agree about Simon Cowell. He's admitted that he dislikes MT (and has criticised X-Factor contestants for sounding MT) so it does seem more than a little hypocritical of him to be involved with this.

Incidentally, check this out - a very young ALW on 'Top Of The Pops':-

LINKY THING

Has anyone tried watching Wednesday's Alan Titchmarsh show on
Iplayer only it says it is available but when I click on it it says
video not found.

I see Michael Ball is singing the finale Love Changes Every Thing I wish it was Lee singing it

maggie I got the same on iplayer not available

Gosh, I can't believe how much I'm NOT impressed with this -- Josh Groban's cover of "Falling Slowly". I suppose if you love JG's voice, it won't matter, but he's clearly not comfortable with the high notes in this song. Plus he does that closed eyes thing that I find offputting.

http://youtu.be/ila42biLmFM

Oh, well! Back to Lee and Glen, lol.

Yes, the 'not hitting the high note' thing is annoying, as is the 'closed eyes' thing. I remember after the Lee/Josh ADWD duet aired someone commented that Josh looked like a mole!

I do like Josh Groban's voice and I love the song 'Falling Slowly' but I agree that the two don't really go together very well! It's not just that Josh's high notes sound a bit uncomfortable - for me, the song is a very gentle one, coming from a traditional folk background and Josh's voice just doesn't suit it. He is a bit too 'classical' and gives it too much 'welly'. It might sound better if he pared it back a bit.

I saw Once the Musical in Dublin recently and 'Falling Slowly' is gorgeous moment in the show. The show opens in London soon and I would recommend it to anyone looking for something new to see in the West End.

Meantime, here's a song - and a duet partner - that suits Josh's voice very well indeed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCg4TgbibIs

I think this must be Lee's most watched video on Youtube with 1.7 MILLION views!

I see Denise will be presenting a new Saturday afternoon radio show on Magic 105.4 for 12 weeks from 30 March. I suppose that means she won't be visiting Lee while he's in LA but, from his tweets, it sounds as though he is planning a visit home soon to see family.

http://www.magic.co.uk/on-air/denise-van-outen

I have a feeling Lee may be coming home then for a while to take over minding Betsy,looking forward to that I have always liked the music she plays when she has been standing in for someone

I think he wants to come home for a visit. It would not be in his best interest to come home for 3 months now. He would miss all the new castings. I always thought he would go back for a bit at Easter. If its just a Saturday afternoon I would think she would work it out.

Are those types of radio shows done live or pre-recorded?

Greycat
I see Denise will be presenting a new Saturday afternoon radio show on Magic 105.4 for 12 weeks from 30 March. I suppose that means she won't be visiting Lee while he's in LA but, from his tweets, it sounds as though he is planning a visit home soon to see family.

http://www.magic.co.uk/on-air/denise-van-outen

I think this type of show is usually done live PKP - but don't quote me on that!

Should we read anything into the fact that Lee has retweeted 2 tweets about the ALW concert at the Palladium in May? Is he just being kind or is he in it? Clutching at straws!

3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12