Start a New Topic 
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Author
Comment
Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

Cassie, I was thinking the same when I saw the retweets
from Lee.

I don't want to get my hopes up as I think Lee may just be being supportive of friends. The first retweet is for a Kerry Ellis concert at the Palladium and the second is for an ALW-themed concert at Leicester Square Theatre which is a smallish venue. The blurb on that concert mentions that there will be six performers - perhaps they include Lee's friend, Brian McCann, who orginaly sent the tweet?

http://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsolve.com/shows/873492221/events

Please does anyone know if the Magic Music on Sky TV is the same as Magic fm on the radio,thank you.

Acer, I'm not sure if the Sky's Magic Music is the same as Magic 105.4 fm but, if it's not, you can listen to the fm radio station on-line here:

http://www.magic.co.uk/whats-on/

And in other news, here's a recent interview with Denise from The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9950264/Denise-Van-Outen-I-just-craved-my-happy-ever-after.html

Small mention of Lee: "Mead, 31, is currently over in LA with every other British actor on the planet, enduring the seven circles of showbiz hell that constitute “pilot show season”." Doesn't sound as though life in LA is a bed of roses!

Thanks Greycat for info,I read that interview I agree with you about LA.

Does anyone know if there is a listen again for this morning's
Magic FM Breakfast programme with the interview with Denise,
and the link please, only I missed the live programme this morning.

Thanks

Well nothing much on TV tonight so going to watch DVD of semi-final and final of ADWD again!!!! can't get too much of MEAD

Maggiemay, I've got a recording of just the Denise part. Will email it to you.

Thanks PKP much appreciated.

I see from twitter that Denise has flown to Dubai this evening
for a holiday and Lee is looking after Betsy. She has obviously
recorded her radio show for this Saturday, I wonder how that is
going to work I thought it was supposed to be a live radio show
with a phone-in for people to ask questions.

Maybe she'll be back by Saturday.

I have to say, I'm disappointed to hear that Denise has jetted off on yet another holiday when Lee has only just returned home.

Jo, I don't think she will be back by Saturday as someone
that owns a Club in Dubai tweeted asking if she was going to
the races on Saturday and she replied that she was.

I am afraid Denise never ceases to surprise me.

I'm actually gobsmacked, to be honest. I can't believe that Denise would rather spend the Easter weekend with her mates in Dubai than with her family. That just seems so wrong.

I don't get it either one minute she is saying Betsy means everything to her,well I know were I would rather be and who with.

The visit to Dubai may be work-related. She has been there twice before, where photoshoots and other bits and bobs where the reason for the visit. I would imagine that it's some promo situation if she leaves the family and misses her first live radio show.

I agree Asher. Most of her Dubai trips w/o the family have had a work-related basis (not always made public). It's very lucrative to do corporate bookings and makes sense for her to make a holiday of it when she can since most of her expenses are paid for. Besides, it would be very difficult for Lee to pursue his acting career in L.A. unless Denise was making money.

Also, it hardly sounds like Denise decided to take off on the spur of the moment. It seems obvious Lee flew back because this was planned. Her radio show was probably pre-recorded for this Saturday and she'll probably go live for the show next time.

Showbiz people don't have 9-5 Monday to Friday kinds of lives. Performers who do well one year can go without any job for years afterwards.

There is some lovely banter between two friends on their twitter page
about Lee.

@ClaireReaks - yesterday - leemeadofficial thanks for making
our day - enjoy your vino :)
and then today - "you can imagine my face when this hottie walked
into work yesterday" she then posted a photo from Lee's website.

then in answer to her friend - "it was just him and his daughter - cute:)
Anne and I were a little hot under the collar"

reply from her friend - " he was in a while ago, very pleasing"

It sounds like he was in Kent going by her twitter profile.

Thanks maggie very interesting,I should think he is a hottie!!!!

It seems as though Lee's coffee stop with Betsy yesterday also attracted the attention of a few people!

@lynnesj's tweet to Denise: "Just been entertained by your daughter in Nero she kept showing me her shiny boots so pretty and sweet"

@ZannaCasement:"Served Lee Mead today. He had a cappacuino. It was all very exciting."

I thought Lee was a latte man!

Love it! Causing a stir in the coffee shop!

I'd just like to wish everyone a happy Easter.

And don't follow Lee's example and eat too many chocolate eggs!

@leemeadofficial: "Just hammered half a bag of mini eggs. - Feeling sick. - ...Amazing what greed does to you!"

Thanks Greycat Happy Easter to you and everyone on the forum,one time I would have done the same as Lee but not anymore one chocolate biscuit is enough now( getting old)

For anyone who might be interested, Denise has tweeted that she will be co-presenting the Saturday Brunch special with Tim Lovejoy this Saturday morning from 10.30am on CH4

Thanks Greycat,I have just this minute read it,but I am glad you put it up I do miss these things sometimes cheers x

Cute photos of Denise and Betsy out and about:-

LINKY THING

Betsy is soooooo cute!

The Daily Mail needs to get a new 'source' at Strictly, because their current one clearly doesn't do his/her research properly.

It's not just the DM, it's all of them, all using the same (wrong) details. I've had countless Google alerts today, allegedly from different papers, but all with the identical story.

The tabloid media don't even care if they're publishing stories that are blatantly wrong! They do it just to get site views for their advertising quotas (or sell papers, in the old days).

And idiots eat it up because the tabloids are catering to them.

So stupid and nasty.

Also hate this insistance that DVO was on another girly holiday. Isn't it blindingly obvious she was there for work?

Oh, and for a charity fundraiser for autistic kids, too. Wow, what a horrible, selfish woman, eh? I know, I know -- who does such a thing? Doesn't she know they're all just savants who are better at maths than the rest of us?

https://twitter.com/TheKevOrkian/status/317404383119831042

https://twitter.com/TheKevOrkian/status/317237925710553088

Kev Orkian @TheKevOrkian
Fab night in Dubai, raised thousands for charity and sang love song to @AbiClancy mum Karen. Thank you to @denise_vanouten and Gary Rhodes

Kev Orkian @TheKevOrkian
Getting ready for a wonderful show tonight in Dubai...at the Grosvenor Hotel. All for a great charity that raises money for Autistic Kids

If I can do a search at Twitter and find this stuff, then the alleged "journalists" at the Mirror and Daily Fail can, too!

Plus, if you need to buy a clue, there's one in Lee's tweet about it:

Lee Mead @leemeadofficial
Thanks Daily Mirror for writing another story full of crap. Boring. - We're busy working parents!!

The clue? "Working"

It was the weekend of the Dubai World Cup. http://www.ahlanlive.com/photos/dubai-world-cup-2013-le-meridien-vip-lounge-247312.html?img=0

Need more help? Here, let me spell it out for you: celebs are always booked for corporate appearances at these kinds of events. The Dubai World Cup is a huge sporting event, with whopping big money corporate sponsorship. Why doesn't Denise just say so? Corporate sponsors prefer their celeb participants keep it private and unpublicized, a confidentiality clause is often a part of the contract. And why over a holiday weekend? Because performers and celebs are most in demand when others are on holiday or have time off. They don't get their evenings, weekends and holidays free like you do.

Of course, we're all entitled to our own unsubstantiated, ill-founded and ignorant opinions about the private lives of people we don't know, right?

I feel so sorry for Lee we know that he hates being
away from his family, he is in LA slogging his guts out
to achieve his dream so that he can further his career
and to assure that he can give Betsy the best possible
financial security and yet he has to put up with all this
rubbish from tabloid newspapers that are only interested
in slagging people off just to give ammunition to the horrible
trolls that post nasty comments online.

I can only imagine how frustrating all this is for Lee being so
far away from his family and hearing about these horrible comments.
We all know that Lee is a very private person, who in my opinion,
has coped brilliantly with being in the public eye. Hopefully
he will be back in the UK soon.

On a selfish note, I hope Lee continues to tweet from time to time,
as I love his tweets.

Thank you, pkp, for saying what I have been grumbling to myself about for days now. I would just add that the corporate sponsors want it to seem celebrities just show up at their events rather than getting paid to be there. Hence the confidentiality issue.

And all of us know that Lee was doing the panto while Denise was in Strictly. How would we have felt if we had tickets for the night of the Strictly finale and Lee blew off the panto to sit in that audience?

At least the articles had some darling photos of Denise with Betsy, which is their only redeeming value.

What I find really bizarre is that some idiot at Strictly thought there was something wrong with Denise and Lee's marriage because Lee wasn't at every show and didn't go to any rehearsals. I get the impression that some people in the media think that Lee doesn't have anything better to do than spend his every waking moment trailing around after Denise!

Having pulled the story to bits, I have to say, Lee looks gorgeous in the pic with Denise (from Wicked press night)!

Why would the Daily Fail go to the trouble of seeking out a quote from the BBC Strictly show when they've done literally no research at all? It's obvious they made it up! Or got that quote from the DS Strictly Forum and attributed it to a BBC person to sound official. They go FAR beyond incompetence at that rag -- they're actively concocting stories and quotes all the time, when they're not stealing the stories from other media sites.

Thanks PKP
The people that buy this rubbish don't read further than the headlines.
But they do like to look at pretty pic's & a concocted story like this gives them a great excuse to publish photo's of a beautiful healthy woman wearing a bikini.

Apparently Denise will be appearing on Daybreak tomorrow.

I would imagine that the tabloid speculation about her marriage will be raised again.

It is probably better dealt with head-on and in person by her. Gutsy!

'Now' mag (online) have picked up on the story:-

LINKY THING

I don't think I've seen the second photo before - it appears to be from the ALW gala thing that Denise hosted in 2007 (the first photo is also from the ALW gala).

She was on Daybreak and said this about the rumors:
"We don't have a nanny, so we split our parenting duties, so we do spend time apart . . ."

Of course the tabloids have "misquoted" her on purpose to further fuel the rumors and you can tell that all the ijits have bought it hook, line and sinker because that's what stupid people do.

I think it is a shame Denise went on Daybreak as she has just
encouraged the trolls on Mail-Online to make even more nasty comments,
some are being nasty about Lee suggesting that he is not a good father
because you don't see him with Betsy, we know the truth is Lee is a
fantastic father to Betsy spending most of the time with Betsy when he
has not got work commitments, but because he is not papped the way
Denise is they stupidly think he is never with Betsy. I just hope this all dies down soon as Lee must hate people, who do not know him, discussing his family
life.

I think Denise could have dressed a bit more appropriately for the tv
interview instead of wearing those ridiculous shorts.

The trouble is, going by tweets between Denise and her friends, she is
going on holiday to Ibiza with them in June for 2 weeks, so this will
probably all start up again.

Trolls are always going to find a way to trash people, that's their thing. But do they realize that they are actually helping to keep Denise and Lee's profile high with every page view and all the vile remarks? No, of course not -- they are TOOLS and they play right into the tabloids' games.

It boils down to this:
a) Denise and Lee will lead their lives however they want to and regardless of what a bunch of yahoos on the internet think. Nobody of any consequence cares what Daily Mail commenters say.

b) All those page views and magazine sales = money. Money and value for advertisers and money for Denise as it translates to her high profile for endorsement deals and appearance fees. To some extent that includes Lee insofar as appearance fees go, since he hasn't gone the whole "branding" route that Denise, JB and others have done.

Lee and Denise will laugh all the way to the bank. They know better than to let this bother them. Denise said as much on Daybreak -- it'll be tomorrow's chip paper.

The moronic level of the tabloid media is there for a reason -- to reach equally moronic people. My god, there was an item here about how Blake Lively was furious at her husband Ryan Reynolds because he was watching 50 hours of tv a week and never left the couch! Uhm, have they seen RR's body? He ain't no couch potato! He's one of the busiest actors in Hollywood. He probably spends 50 hours a week reading scripts and hitting the gym. Honestly, this is only a step above the old-school tabloid stories of Elvis sightings and aliens-impregnated-me stories!

Given that the Daily Mail seems obsessed with Lee, Denise and Betsy, I can't believe that they've missed out on two big stories - Lee's haircut (forget Maggie Thatcher's death and North Korea threatening to nuke the western world into oblivion...Lee's curls have gone!) and Betsy wearing the same coat two days running (a fashion faux pas on a seismic scale!)

I don't disagree with what you are saying about the tabloid media PKP but I do hope that neither Denise nor Lee says anything more about their marriage for now in order to let the whole thing die down. I would hate to see Denise, and by association Lee, lumped in with the likes of Jordan and Peter Andre for whom selling their personal lives to the media IS their career! Lee, at least, is too good for that.

Of course, I can't claim to really know Lee but I get the impression that he dislikes this side of fame. I hope the positive developments on the work front this week are enough to make up for all the cr*p he's had to put up with lately.

Press speculation, gossip and innuendo is par for the course when you are in the public eye. There is nothing they can do about it as the press will write what they want (as we have seen) so its best laughed about and ignored as DVO is doing. I'm sure thay are not worried about it as they know they are alright. By forums such as ours discussing it (and I include myself) we are keeping it alive and current.

Nice to see an old pic of Lee at the top of an article about Sir Tim Rice in the Telegraph this morning.
Also for those not following Facebook, we have been told to keep our fingers crossed for news tomorrow!!!

Interesting about the photo in the TR article. I'm reminded of Lee's first ADWD audition when he failed to recognise TR! His rather embarrased "Oh dear!" was so cute!

Hi Cassie,

Would it be possible to post a link to the Daily Telegraph article
and photo of Lee.

On a different subject, I notice that it is Christine Bleakley and
Frank Lampard's turn today to have their relationship scrutinised by
the Mail_Online and its trolls.

Hi MaggieMay. Absolutely no idea how to do that sorry. It is an old Joseph one twirling round in the coat.

Honestly, the tabloids must have a checklist of celebrity couples to make up stories about on a regular schedule, for those slow news days when they need page views on their website!

The tabloids intentionally misquoted Denise from the Daybreak interview (as anybody can see by watching it, and now it's being recycled through every trashy rag on the internet.

I feel sorry for all the celeb couples whose private life becomes entertainment for the bored, small-minded and gullible masses.

That's OK Cassie, I just really like Time Rice and would
love to have read the article.

Maggiemay,

I think this may be the on-line version of the Tim Rice article (no Lee pic though!):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/9991897/Musicals-are-not-the-be-all-and-end-all-says-Tim-Rice.html

Thanks Greycat, interesting read.

Some more pics of Lee with his new haircut (pity about the daft article ) :-

LINKY THING

Thanks Jo poor Lee he does have trouble with the sun in his eyes,mind you so do I!! what a load of tripe maybe I have missed something (I know I do) but first I knew he had been out of the country for months on end,Betsy didn't look very happy maybe she is getting the last of the terrible twos out of her system before she is 3

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13