​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

WOW!!! thanks Greycat that is a turn up for the books,I would have thought he would be too shy

Oh dear - er - not a lot you can say, really!

Well he is certainly getting national newspaper coverage, the
story is in the Daily Mail as well as the Sun. Perhaps it is
a publicity stunt by his agents.

I must say, I always liked Craig as he always came across as
a nice bloke. If this is what he wants from his career then
good luck to him I suppose.

I must admit, my first thought was 'publicity stunt'. Something tells me that if they do another 'West End Story' documentary, they won't be covering Craig's...er...film career!

Lee was a question on Pointless tonight
'Big Breakfast Presenter who married Lee Mead'no one answered it but won't do any harm to have his name on TV

For our US friends in New York and on the eastern seaboard, thinking of you and wishing you all well for the imminent storm. Stay safe, ladies.

Same from me. I hope Sandy doesn't cause too much damage. Stay safe everyone, thinking of you! xx

Does anyone know if SueC is ok only she doesn't seem
to have posted for a while and I use to enjoy her
posts.

Hi Maggiemay, as far as I know, SueC is keeping well, and enjoying some precious 'down time' with her gorgeous new Grandson.
I'm sure she will be pleased to know, you have asked after her though.

Wicked have announced that there's going to be a tour starting in Manchester in September 2013. It'll be interesting to see who they cast.

There is no advertising at all for the WEM show in Singapore on there
Marina Bay Sands Singapore website, the original date not that far off, so maybe there
has been a change in plans, there is quite a bit going on at the Marina Bay-Jersey boys show being one of them.

It is odd that the tickets still aren't on sale on the Marina Bay Sands site yet Lee mentioned the Singapore date again on Twitter this week. I wondered if perhaps the West End Men's planned appearance in Singapore is for a private function?

Hi Greycat, noticed lee had mentioned Singapore on twitter, thats why i mentioned it,It could be a private function, if not, just hope they are showing the big banners they use around the Marina Bay Sands, promoting shows, and at the MRT station (rail) when you are leaving and coming into the
resort. I had a little chuckle to myself a couple of months ago when i was in Singapore, waiting for a train to arrive at the Marina Resort, and thinking to myself would have loved to have seen Lee, the WEM on a giant poster.

There's a mini interview with Lee in the Bournemouth Listed magazine about his panto and plans for Christmas:

http://content.yudu.com/Library/A1zhcv/ListedBournemouthNov/resources/index.htm?referrerUrl=http://www.listedmagazine.com/download.html

You have to toggle through the magazine using the right arrow key at the top of the page to get to the interview on page 19.

Nothing very new but Lee does mention that panto rehearsals start on 10 December.

Thanks Greycat short but sweet,I suppose it will be awkward if Denise is in the final,even if she isn't do all the celebs have to turn up for the final?I can't remember what happened last year

Thanks for the link Greycat.
acer, I think all the celebrities on Strictly put in an appearance for the final show.

Thanks LynneD I wasn't sure when you get to a certain age 'you know'

Please can anyone tell me is it this weeks Heat that has an article by DVO on SCD? I have looked in Heat and can only find an article by Kimberley,don't want to splash out £1-65 for nothing,thanks x

I don't know about Heat (it was sealed, as part of a double offer with Closer), but there is a two page article/interview with Denise in this week's Woman's Own. Lorraine Kelly is the main cover girl.

I do get cross with sensationalism. Also on the cover is a small pic of Mrs Mead, with the caption "My Christmas health scare". Now, to me, that suggests that she thought she might have a serious problem. No - when you read the article, it's referring to when her dad was ill last year. Bad, bad, bad.

Thanks A/Liz for the info,I agree with you the things they do to sell the mags,I have bought them and when you read the article as you say nothing like the headline

The same with interviews. When are they going to ask him questions ablout how his career is going, instead of always about "Joseph" or about Denise ?
Just read the Glasgow article and same old story.

Misleading headlines are common-place now. OK! mag is notorious for that!

I don't mind if Lee is asked about Denise (and vice versa) as long as it's only a small part of the interview. I do prefer to see some original questions being asked, though.

The Heat Mag with Denise in is with Closer in a pack £2-00 not worth buying it is all about SCD pic's of DVO and James looking at clothes getting made up not an interview as such I wasted my £2-00, Womans Own is much better she said they have plenty of space in house in Kent so having a big Xmas get-together as last year Xmas was low key with her Dad not being well,and Betsy can help her with the tree this year and is hoping for a brother or sister for Betsy 2013

I got an email from RUG advertising ALW's newest money-making venture - Musical Theatre Karaoke!

LINKY THING

So now, instead of annoying the neighbours by murdering rock and pop songs, you can really antagonise them by murdering 'Any Dream Will Do', 'Jesus Christ Superstar' or 'Music Of The Night'!

After my recent posts on here saying there was not any advertising
at the" Marina Bay Sands Resort" for the Dec show in Singapore.
I have just been on Ro- Timeline and it mentions that it is a Corporate Event,
so tickets will not be on public sale.
Hope something comes out of this event,further down the track as the people
do love musical shows.

We need a spy in Singapore! Thanks, Suejo. I hope this corporate gig goes better than the last one.

I would love to be a spy PKP!! at that event, could you imagine, its
only a 5hr or so flight for me, and a beautiful resort to stay at, I would say (depends on where else they are coming in from) but the Singaporeans are a very polite & disciplined people
so i would think, and hope there will be silence when WEM are doing there gig!

Exactly what sort of skills can you offer, Suejo? I mean, as a spy LOL. *ahem*

Marina Bay Sands is a huge Vegas style resort that seems to do bigtime convention business, so I'm assuming this is likely to be a convention for people from outside of Singapore.

Actually the news that the general public are not allowed to buy tickets has meant I don't have to break up the marital home. My marriage has now survived OH and I are flying out to Australia to spend Christmas with the Aussie son and we will be in Singapore for a couple of hours refuelling, two days after the WEM concert.
I obviously assumed OH would not object to changing our flights etc in order to see the show and then fly on to Sydney later. A no brainer in my opinion wouldn't you agree? Instead he came up with stupid reasons why we couldn't do that like, our flights are booked and the dates are written in stone and his hols were booked at work and he couldn't change them and minor things like that
A domestic ensued and at one point I even suggested I could go ahead, go to WEM and join up with him in Changi afterwards. It all seemed perfectly reasonable to me
Why do men always see everything in black and white !!
Anyway, peace has been restored in the C household thanks to the fact it's a corporate event

Sue, I think your suggestion was entirely reasonable! I mean, priorities.....come on!!

Hi SueC, you never know you might bump into the WEM at Singapore airport,!! on your way through,it usually is what a 2 hour or so wait around the airport, before getting on your next flight.
Have a lovely Xmas over here in OZ.

Sue, men are SO ridiculous! Who do they think they are?

Well, I guess it's lucky your secret life as a superspy hasn't been discovered. ;-)

Hi Suejo, just catching up with this thread. Blimey,the thought of bumping into our man in Singapore Airport hadn't occured to me. Thanks so much for putting that idea into my mind, I can feel a daydream coming on !!
If I was honest though it would entail me crawling around the concourse in a jetlagged state, trying to control an overexcited OH and The Man suddenly appearing by the massed banks of orchids, clutching his duty free. I just know I would fall flat on my face with shock and bring all the beautiful displays of exotic flowers down with me. In my jetlagged state I would stare up at him and say something ridiculous like, "Hello Lee, I saw you once or twice in Joseph five years ago" ....
Stage Door pals will confirm I am perfectly capable of saying something like that to him

Hey SueC, instead of crawling around the airport feeling jetlagged, you can always ask to be driven around in one of those buggys with the flashing lights! just pretend to the driver that you want to go to a certain area, as you know the airport is rather spread out, could you imagine!

I've just seen on WOS that there's going to be a big production of 'Moulin Rouge' at the O2 next year. I wonder if Lee will be in the running for the role of Christian?

The West End Men are having an early reunion! Ramin has a gig in a club in London, and has been joined by Lee and Stephen as backing singers! According to the various tweets coming in, they are smashing it! Stephen's wife has tweeted a (bit blurred) pic:

Pic from Ramin's gig

Oooh, I hope someone uploads some snippets to the tubular website for posterity!

There is a lovely photo of Lee, Ramin and Stephen posted by
@AnjaliMehra_H a couple of hours ago, looks like they are having
a little rehearsal together before Ramin's gig this evening.
Sorry can't do a link.

Lee has just tweeted a really funny photo of himself on the
train home the caption says "ever felt like hiding". Well
worth a look.

Here are the links, Maggiemay and others:

Anjali's picture

Lee's 'Ever felt like hiding' pic

Thanks Another Liz. Ro was at the gig tonight and she has posted
a lovely photo of Lee, Ramin and Stephen on the Lee Mead Timeline
twitter page.

Here are Ro's rather good pics:

https://twitter.com/LeeMeadTimeline/status/273214515666100224/photo/1

https://twitter.com/f1roro/status/273210457043652608/photo/1

Looks like a fun night! Apparently the WEM sang 'Oh What a Beautiful Morning'

.... and Abs's video which she kindly posted via Twitter and that tubular thingy!

Oh What a Beautiful Morning

Thanks Ladies for the links. I also love the pic that @montedarlo has put on Twitter in CS5 (can't do a linky) where they all look like they've been mud wrestling, now that's a thought to get me through the day

You mean this one, Annie:

"mud wrestling" pic

And no, they haven't really been mud wrestling!

It might be worth following @montedarlo as he's promised to post lots more pics.

Thanks Ro and the ladies that posted them on here wonderful,video fantastic,thanks ever so

Here are a couple of blog reviews of Ramin's gig on Monday night - with mentions of Lee's contribution to 'Oh What a Beautiful Morning' which rounded off the first half!

http://ignitedbyadream.wordpress.com/2012/11/28/broadway-to-bluegrass-ish-part-2/

http://thoughtsofablueeyedgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

There's a nice pic of the trio in the second blog.

I suspect the Singapore concert - with full orchestra - will probably be a bit more formal .

There's a short article on Lee in the Daily Telegraph - "This Week I'm ..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/9723688/Lee-Mead-this-week-Im.html

Sort of 'my favourite things' article. I don't think he'll actually be holidaying in New York this week with panto rehearsals getting underway!

Thanks for all the Links Greycat...
The Telegraph article is an interesting read - not sure I like 'the boxing idea' though! eeek!
We can't have any sort of headgear messing up those gorgeous CURLS! can we?

Thank you, Greycat.

Oh dear, the Telegraph - I have a couple of Telegraph reading NLFs who will now be beating down my door with this article in hand, and who will be amazed when I tell them that it isn't ACTUALLY this week! I don't think he'll be fitting in any of those activities now that rehearsals have started!

Lee did mention the boxing (once!) on Twitter. Never mind the curls, C/Liz (for once! ), we can't have a stray punch landing on that beautiful face of his!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10