​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

Thanks Greycat a lovely read,they certainly enjoyed themselves the three of them shouting for team GB,would loved to have seen a pic of Betsy in her red white and blue,I hope Denise's show does alright

Lee and Denise's family trip to a friend's wedding in Scotland sounds wonderful.
There are certainly some idyllic places to visit in Scotland.

Thanks for the link Greycat.
Nice read...

Here's a nice little mention of Lee by Gary Barlow:

http://www.garybarlow.com/docs/credits/EFkEykEFFpWBoPhJOf.shtml

Thanks to Mazy for tweeting this find!

Lovely to know that after seeing Lee on ADWD ('Joseph'), Gary Barlow thought his voice could do justice to one of his new songs 'When I Need You The Most', and sent it to Lee to record on
his first Album.
Thanks Gary... how right you were...

I never tire of listening to Lee singing that beautiful song. He puts so much passion and feeling into it.

Thanks for the find Mazy and Greycat

Will never forget that at Northamton he dedicated it to me. Worth breaking my arm for !!!!!!!

It's quiet around here!

I hope Lee's enjoying the sun in LA - assuming he made it there and didn't have a change of plan

Just thought I'd mention that, according to Sarah Harding's Twitter, the film Denise made last summer (Run For Your Wife) will be released on 14 February 2013. Funny date to choose since it isn't a romantic movie - more of a farce I think!!!

Hi acer, are you going to do your post on Denise' Prima Baby magazine column this month only I really look forward to reading it.

Hi maggie I didn't do it because it isn't very much this month but I will do it seeing as you have asked,I will do it later this morning as I have visitors and they don't leave till 11-30 am,cheers xx

Here we go ladies,
I have just taken Betsy for her most recent check-ups,it sounds awful but I'd pretty much forgotten children have check-ups at this age! You expect it when they are babies but at 2 they seem so grown up in comparison.It was all a bit nerve racking actually-I felt quite nervous about it,although it is great fun for the kids,with lots of chat and colouring-in and play.Betsy didn'teven really know she was being assessed.Her speech,hearing and height were all fine.I'm not surprised her speech was ok as we're both proper little chatterboxs and spend our days together nattering away.My Mum,who is a retired nursery teacher,always says the best thing you can do is talk to your child,even when they are tiny babies,they love the sound of your voice.I think she might be on to something!
Betsy is moving up a class at nursery this month,so will be in a different room,with a different teacher.Her little friends Rose and Amelia will be with her so I am sure she will be fine about it.Children are so in the moment at this age- she will be used to her new surroundings in minutes,Im sure it is me and the other Mums who need time to get used to it- we all chat about it when we get together for coffee cake.I love my Mummy friends- most of them work part time now and because my work is flexible,I can quite often fit in around Mum and baby activities.It's a very different pace of life now to how things were just a few years ago- when you are constantly on the go with work it's nice to take the pressure off a bit.
I have ordered Betsy a bottle with her name on it to take to nursery every day-hopefully,she will be less likely to lose it! also she has a Peppa Pig stepping stool which is really useful when it comes to toilet time!This makes Betsy the perfect height for washing her hands at the sink.
Well I think that is all for this month-see you next time!
Love Denise and Betsy xx

Thanks acer, always much appreciated that you take the time to do this for us.

Aaah, cute!

Thanks acer!

There's nothing more unsettling to me than someone who isn't sexy doing a sexy photo-shoot:-

LINKY THING

I think Gareth Gates is a lovely lad, but he really isn't a sex god!

I think one of the key things to making one of these shoots work is being comfortable doing it and Gareth doesn't look comfortable.

If I remember correctly, 'Now' mag was the one that did the shoot with Lee where he was sitting, open shirted, on a golden throne. That one worked, perhaps because Lee was a bit more confident when it came to using his body and acting out the scene.

Thanks ladies you are welcome,
Jo thanks for link sorry to say he does nothing for me when I have pics on my calendar of a curly haired sex god!!!!

Acer, thanks for the Prima Baby writeup!

Johartuk, thanks for the linkwaitwhattheheck! LOL, just kidding. Not my cup of tea either. Is every dark haired male actor angling for a shot at the Christian Grey role? They haven't even got a script! Sheesh. This'll be like the search for Scarlett O'Hara!

I also enjoy reading about Denise and little Betsy's progress each month.
Thanks again for all your efforts to bring this to us Acer.

Thanks also Jo for your latest 'Link' above...
GG certainly doesn't do it for me either! LOL!...
No comparison at all, to our gorgeous guy's exquisite BFL...
I shall never, ever forget those 'Press-ups' in ADWD!!
Phew!...where's the oxygen SueC?
Could have done with the odd cylinder that night too!...
Such gorgeous memories...

Thanks for the latest Prima Baby column acer.
Betsy is growing up fast isn't she?
I have to agree with you jo & everyone else. I like GG but those pics do nothing for him - or me!

Please does anyone know what Lewis Bradley is doing now? only I don't know if I am imagining it but I thought I read he was going to be a Hairdresser with Toni and Guys, but why would he give up his singing? thank you

Lewis did an 18 week hairdressing course at Tony & Guy, which he's now completed. It does seem a bit of a random thing to do, but given the precarious nature of the acting profession, it's a good idea to have other strings to your bow.

Not sure what he's doing now, but I'd presume he's back auditioning.

Acer, I'm sure Lewis hasn't given up on performing. I assume he did the hairdressing course as his 'back up plan'. Having finished the course and qualified as a hairdresser, he now has a skill he can fall back on, if necessary, between acting/singing jobs. Perhaps he also hopes to be able to work backstage with his new skills when he's not actually appearing in a show. It seems a sensible approach for him to take since acting, as Johartuk has said, can be a notoriously unstable job!

Thanks ladies,I agree entirely what you both have said and I am glad he is not giving up,it is very precarious in the current climate.

Here is short trailer for Denise's film, Run for Your Wife, which is due to be released next year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkm1af_HSh8&feature=youtu.be

Not sure this would convince me to see the film!

The casting of Danny Dyer and Sarah Harding put me off. It seems like they've taken a classic farce and dumbed it down (at least casting-wise) for the TOWIE* generation.

*TOWIE = 'The Only Way Is Essex'

A couple of years ago we saw the touring version of Run For Your Wife at our local theatre. It was absolutely hysterical (basically it's a farce about a bigamist taxi driver). I have to say, though, that the trailer doesn't do a lot for me.

I've been away.

LMAS looks different, has something happened to the site?

The threads are not changing colour as I look at them, not that this is a problem, I just wondered if something has gone wrong.

There was an 'update' last week. The forum looked quite different for a while then settled down to what you see. The only change seems to be the 'read' threads not changing colour.

Yes, it started last week Jazzy. Several of us are still having problems, I believe Kirsten raised a complaint with Bravenet a few days ago.

Ah ok, thanks ladies. Glad its nearly sorted from what happened last week.

Since we're unlikely to have any fresh Lee news for a little while, here is an old photo of him which someone has posted on Twitter - this is Lee back in his ADWD days!

https://twitter.com/BigTTimeLou/status/240546459185979393/photo/1/large

Thanks to Ro for finding this one

Thanks Ro and Greycat,it is a lovely pic of Lee,don't know the other person so don't know if it is a good pic or not

Togs

Just because

Sorry ignore that link it doesn't work. Can't delete.

I havent seen it yet so can't be 100% but from a tweet on Twitter it looks like Denise and Betsy are in this weeks copy of Hello magazine.

Thanks Jazzy I will have a look when I go to the shops,I wasn't going to go because it is raining but that will make me go!!!!

Yes, there are gorgeous pics of Betsy (with curls abundant!) in this week's Hello. I mentioned it on the BETSY thread without checking on here first.

The photos were so cute and so like Lee I just had to buy it She really does look so much like him! I love the matching swimsuits!

I so agree with you Jazzy I had to buy it,I agree with A/Liz from the Betsy thread so like Lee and quite tall but Denise is 5ft-6ins so not really small for lady I am only 5ft 3ins

Here is a nice little photo of Lee with Hollie Steel - taken at the Lincoln Cathedral concert a couple of years ago:

https://twitter.com/HollieBeeSteel/status/243340885989933056/photo/1

Looking good!

I'm not sure whether we've seen this before but no harm (hopefully) in posting it again - here is a interview with Denise from Inside Kent. There are a few nice pics of Lee from their recent camping trip:

http://issuu.com/sidewaysmedia/docs/insidekent_issue_14_sepoct2012/118

Note that you have to 'turn' the page over to read more of the interview and see another pic!

Looks like Denise is going to be a contestant on Strictly Come Dancing this year (provided you can believe the media!), although Denise did say earler this week that she had some TV lined up which she was excited about, but couldn't say what it was. If it's true, I think she'll do very well.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/4526716/Denise-Van-Outen-joins-stellar-Strictly-Come-Dancing-line-up-including-Girls-Alouds-Kimberley-Walsh-Olympian-Victoria-Pendleton-and-Mick-Jaggers-ex-Jerry-Hall.html

Interesting!

We'll have to keep an eye out for a certain someone in the audience (when he's back in the UK)!

So what's to stop Lee from doing Strictly the following year? Would be wonderful to see.

Sue Lee was asked to do Dancing On Ice but he turned it down said that is not for me,so I don'tknow whether he would do Strictly,it would be lovely to see him dancing but as you know he says he is a rubbish dancer

Looks like Lee was playing football in LA yesterday
going by a tweet from @BeastModeSoccer field of dreams.

But Lee has ballet training and lots of on-stage dancing experience.

It's just been announced that Denise is on the One Show tomorrow
evening.

Interesting - she'll probably be asked about the suggestion from some quarters that she should be axed from Strictly for having professional dance experience!

I don't know what Chris Evans is on about. Denise has danced in a couple of shows and been to stage school like most celebs have, that is so far away
from ballroom dancing whether it be doing Latin American or the Waltz, it
is no way connected at all. I trained in ballroom dancing winning bronze and silver medals so know a little bit of what it is about, and I could imagine
that it could be a disadvantage if you have danced on the stage as the training
is completely different. I hope these silly remarks don't make Denise too nervous but I expect she is made of stronger stuff.

Snap maggiemay I got my Gold and I agree with you it is not the same at all,the only thing I can see is she will have better posture,but I am so afraid she will be treated badly by the voters,but as you say I think she will be able to take it.

I agree Maggiemay, I'm sure ballroom dancing is a totally different discipline to dancing on stage. When you look at the celebs who have already been on Strictly many of them went to stage school, so not sure why Denise has been singled out this time (or what it's got to do with Chris Evans!). In fact both Emma Bunton and Louisa Lytton (who were both in Strictly) went to the Sylvia Young Theatre school the same as Denise. If Chris Evans is still co-hosting the One Show on Fridays, it could be interesting, but I'm sure Denise is a match for him.
Oooh Maggiemay and acer you've won ballroom dancing medals, well done, how lovely. Bet you watch Strictly with a critical eye then.

Hah! I just said something along the same lines on the Denise SCD thread (except for winning any medals in ballroom like Maggiemay and Acer! Well done, girls!).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10