​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Any THEME Will Do.........

Woozie sooo! funny - thanks for the laugh this morning...what a great way to start off Sunday...
Good luck with your Spring Cleaning...LOL!
Just sorted out all my clocks this morning, and about to have another 'dummy run' at packing my case for Dublin - just don't know what to leave out to stay within the weight allowance...Argh!
I can't possibly leave out all my photos of Lee - so I suppose it'll have to be the knickers!!!!
Is anyone else having the same trouble? Packing that is LOL!

Morning everyone
What a great thread. Thank you Kirsten.
Toni, thank you also, only you could have come up with such a fantastic title !!
Woozie, what a way to start a Sunday. I am crying with laughter
Curly, I know what you mean about the packing. I feel we are off on holiday and the "what if" factor is kicking in. What if its boiling hot or freezing cold ? What if I chuck coffee or red wine all down myself. Remember paper knickers? Handy in a packing dilemma.
Roast pork for Sunday lunch with stuffing, roasties and veggies. OH wants crackling, shall I indulge him?

Morning everyone!

Just dropping in to wish you all a lovely day.

Morning Sue and Chrissi
Sue I remember paper knickers - do they still sell them?...LOL! could be the answer to our prayers though...as for wine spillage - I do have previous for that one... you'll be pleased to know I have been taking lessons in 'wine glass etiquette' ready for Dublin...
Just shown my OH Woozie's 'You Tube' on 'Cheap Fares' and he's in stitches too...
Have a lovely Sunday everyone...

Good morning everyone I remember paper knickers did't they make a rustling noise when you walked? lovely morning sun coming out I am going to lunch to a big Hotel on the prom near to where Lee was at the Venue Cymru wish he was there today, what time does it start in Dublin give an idea when to start listening to radio,have a nice day everyone

Morning Acer - yes they did make a rustling noise - weren't very comfortable either...LOL!
I believe the Concert in Dublin starts at 8.0 pm...
Hope you have a lovely lunch today.

Woozie, that vid. was hilarious - hope I'm not diddly dai dai doing at Gatwick early on Thursday morning . I'll check the sky for your wing walking
Grrr - just had cause to ring AA about my car insurance which I have just renewed. How come these companies always make it seem it's your fault even though THEY have typed in the wrong dates/details!!! They are never wrong!! Rant over.
Wasn't there a song once about paper knickers, used to hear it on the car radio on my way to work, from what I remember it was a funny song
Acer - Lee's Dublin concert starts at 8pm. Pleased to see you're joining in.

Top-o-the-morning everybody. Overslept, forgot about clocks, still nothing urgent happening this morning. Roast lamb, and apple and raspberry crumble in the oven.

That video is hilarious Woozie - (we watch Mrs. Brown's Boys and roar with laughter). I hate flying at the best of times and I am panicky a bit about our flight now, it is also a cheap one with Ryanair, as Carol M's OH said, "oh - it'll be a kite" still, as long as it gets me there

Ah yes, brown goes good with teal,Jazzylou, thanks.

I admire all you dedicated ladies flying to Dublin. I don't fly at all. Haven't since I was in my 20's. Feeling good today as I now have a Lee ticket in my drawer again after a little gap.

Ooooh Truthie, can I share a bit of your crumble please to go wth my roast pork
I'm also terrified of flying, even though I visit my Aussie son in Sydney every year. Would only do it for family and our man.
Mrs Brown's Boys is fabulous isn't it. Was falling off the sofa laughing when she gatecrashed the Hen Party a couple of weeks ago.
Yes Annie, there was a lovely, funny song about paper knickers which Sarah Kennedy used to play on her early morning Radio 2 show years ago.
Funny how daft things stick in the memory isn't it

Loving the the idea of your Sunday lunches Ladies, now who lives closest to me,lol.
It was SIL who introduced me to Mrs Brown's Boys, hilarious. Grandson has just got tickets for him and daughter to go and see the live show in London in June.

Don't know what happened with the last post, but I sent it before I finished, and it wouldn't let me edit!!!

Anyway Sue sorry but no smiley to represent crumble - coming over.

Cassie, believe me, it is only the thought of Lee at the other end that is getting me on that plane. I am going to be a gibbering wreck on the way home. I am pleased you have a Lee ticket in your drawer, I've got a few too

Thank you Truthie. Any custard? Or is that pushing it.
I thought at first you'd sent an apple smile to encourage me to make apple sauce for the pork
Shame we can't fly together isn't it. We could cling on to one another and shake in unison
Glad you've got a ticket to look forward to Cassie

yum TRuthie, my mouth's watering
Think there may be other fans on the 11.35 from Cardiff on thurs . if so I'm the large shaking wreak at the back lol

Woozie that was soo funny,think I'd better pack some extra cash for Dublin just in case.

Love this thread, fabulous idea, great name. Don't suppose it will mean me posting much more (lack of time, not inclination!)but it's great to read.
Talking of Dublin is anyone flying from Birmingham early Thursday afternoon? E-mail me if you are.

Afternoon all

Acer, have I missed something? Why will you be putting on your radio - is the concert on the radio?

What a beautiful afternoon and a lovely day. No roast for me today as I've been far too lazy. I quite fancy a stroll to the pub and maybe dinner there.

Stevie, have a look on the Dublin Concert Coverage thread, it will tell you about the radio coverage of Lee's concert.

We did have custard Sue, even though there was a carton of single cream in the fridge that I had forgotten about ..... that's the hour's difference catching up on me .

Did you know about the M&S and Oxfam Clothes Exchange scheme. If you take old M&S clothes into your local Oxfam shop you will receive a £5 voucher to use when you spend £35 or more on clothing, home & beauty at M&S ..... useful for those sorting out their wardrobes

Afternoon all just manage to have a sit down gord I have been busy went into town and my son bought me a mini green house and some hanging baskets for my Mothers Day present I have to get cracking with the garden i am really going to try to make it look nice this year now that Oscar is more grown up he will not be so incline to dig great big craters on the lawn..lol.
It's been anothe beautiful day although a little chilly.

Afternoon ladies
Hi Truthie I saw that M&S deal too, so dashed home to sort out some old M&S clothes which were ready to take to the Charity shop - gave one pile to my OH and took the other lot in myself...
Not really sure I should have done that - it also means I now have to spend £70 on new clothes...and I need show tickets and some more Euros for Dublin argh!...LOL!
I'm actually going to give my elderly Mum one of the £5 vouchers - mustn't be greedy...

Hi Debbie - a mini greenhouse - what a lovely present, sounds like you are going to be busy LOL! but I'm sure it will be worth all the effort when everything starts to grow...
Enjoy your sit down

Afternoon everyone.
Well this thread has certainly taken off - lovely to see some old friends popping back on ('old' as in used to be on here then they stopped...... ...back tracking as quickly as possible!!)

Back from my nieces's engagement party. Gawd I felt old! Music too loud and dresses too short!!! (Niece is 19 - so you can imagine). But my niece and her fiance had a great time, so that was all that mattered! My girls loved it - their first grown up party (age 8 and 10), with lots of dancing and bed very late. But paying for it today - a right old pair of grumpy bears!! Lots of and for what seems no apparent reason!!!

Kirsten - sounds like a really good first grown-up Party for your two daughters - glad everything went well for the happy couple.
It will probably take you a week to get over it though!...
This Thread is wonderful - thank you for adding it to the Forum...

Afternoon everyone

The 'Cheap Flights' song is hilarious! Lee should perform it at his concert!

Afternoon Jo... I agree, we'd all be rolling around on the floor if Lee sung that song! LOL!

Hi Stevie sorry I haven't answered you but I have only just come in I reckon Truthie has put you on the right track the only thing is we don't know for sure whether we will be able to get it, I have put the number on sky and the station comes on so fingers crossed it will be lovely for those who can't go,I enjoyed my lunch by the way

Help please Ladies. I've been trying to look at 2010 Latest News but for some reason I can't access it. Any ideas anyone?

Hi Joem I have just tried I can't get it either but I am not techie so can't really help sorry

Hi joem, I'll ask Kirsten to take a look at the problem when she gets a minute.

Anyone watching the Dancing On Ice final tonight? I haven't been following this series, so who do you think will win?

Thanks Acer, I'm non-techie too so always assume it's me
Karen thank you, no rush
I've dipped in and out of DOI, think Laura will probably win, if not Sam, just depends how well it goes on the night

Just checked 'Latest News' and it seems ok now? Let me know.

This thred fills me with concern.

1) Should Woozie be flying in her condition?
2) Why oh why did any of you wear paper knickers?
3) Are 1) and 2)connected in any way?

Well Toni, seeing as the only time I have ever worn paper knickers IS when I have been pregnant so they could be linked.

Just popping in to say hello!! My heating packed up saturday night so off to bed to keep warm xx

Lots of funny goings on in here today

We had our first bbq this afternoon after we had cleared up outside, it felt like summer

Happy Monday everyone (for tomorrow)

Morning ladies. Watched Boat race and was pleased Oxford won. Wathed Forula 1 race and glad Lewis Hamilton came second. Watched Dancing on Ice final but fell asleep just before the end; had to wait till I came on here to find out who won. Loved all the Boleros.

Very funny Woozie! Must admit I will be sending that vid to a friend or two (dozen)! And quite how did paper knickers get into this thread? Leave it to you Brits - have to say that paper undies passed us by here in the states. Although I do have a vague memory of disposable paper dresses in the late 60's or early 70's - but of course I was -2 then, hence the vagueness of my memory.

Nice chatting again ladies. V.Very jealous of all going to Dublin - darn real life!

Hi all. Brilliant idea, a chat thread.

I've been in the wilderness over the weekend, with no computer at home (the laptop died last week), so can only get on at work at the mo. Will go back and have a read, and then join in properly.

Good morning everyone
Hi A/Liz... pull up a pew...hope you get your computer problems sorted out soon.

Toni - the only time I wore papers knickers was when I was ***** years of age. (young) It was the fashion to take them on holiday to save on laundry and also space in your case. We needed the extra room to take all the sun tan creams, lotions and potions we were all told to use to prevent our skin from becoming like 'rhino skin' in later life...Ha!ha!
And no I wasn't pregnant at the time LOL!...

Hope you get your heating sorted out today thesingotrio - it's not very pleasant to be without it.

Morning All
Good to see you back on line A/Liz. Being without your laptop is akin to torture isn't it.
Enjoyed DOI last night. Cor, all those topless men
Loved all the Boleros. Well done Sam but Laura was a joy to watch as well wasn't she. Tight call this year.
I'm sorry to have been the one to lower the tone of this fine thread by introducing paper knickers to the mix yesterday
I seem to remember they were sold in packs of five...individually wrapped for convenience. Marketing wise, they were in five pastel colours but disappointingly unscented. Missed opportunity there...Ashes of Roses maybe or Midnight over Margate.
I know I only ever bought one lot. My problem was that I had difficulty chucking them away. My thrifty instincts came into play as they were made from a sort of J Cloth material. I only washed one pair though. I had a slight sagging problem the next day. Not a good look
Good luck with your heating Thesingotrio

Morning Sue - you tried to wash 'em!
No wonder you had that sagging feeling the next day LOL!
It reminds me of the knitted bathing costumes that we some youngsters used to wear at the seaside...as soon as you hit the sea the 'cossy' filled up with water and stretched right down to the sand! LOL!.
Must leave this lovely thread now - off out to meet a N/L friend...Have a lovely day everyone.

I remember paper knickers too. What on earth possessed us to wear them??? I did try them, but they didn't last long - in more ways than one!

I can't listen to the link that everyone's laughing about - no sound allowed at work, and no computer at home at the mo, but I'm sure it's hilarious!

I had a hectic weekend. For those who don't know, my MIL is in hospital, having had a kidney removed as they have found cancer in one of the tubes. This is her third bout of the Big C - she had ovarian cancer 30 years ago, breast cancer 10 years ago and now this.

My sister-in-law, who lives in Australia, arrived on Friday morning, and during the course of Friday OH informed me that she was staying with us for the weekend. Nothing prepared, room, food, nothing. Typical man!!

On Saturday, I already had arranged the hairdresser, optician, pick up euros, bank, usual stuff.

I'm afraid I didn't go hospital visiting, but it was just as well, from what I heard. MIL was proving to be the patient from hell. She'd accused the nurses of losing her suitcase (they'd moved it from her old room to her new one), and had a go at one poor nurse who, having told MIL that she would have to fetch a more qualified colleague to carry out a certain procedure, was then informed by MIL that of course she was qualified, get on with it!! She was also refusing to eat, in case she needed the loo (I know - too much information!). All this happened during the short time that SIL was there - goodness knows what else she said after that. Anyway, next day she was a lot better, in more ways than one, thank goodness.

I'm sure I've bored everyone to tears with all this by now, but it's great to be able to let off steam a bit. Please feel free to ignore!

Oh, I got the bargain of the year on Saturday. In Marks & Spencer I found a pair of jeans on their clearance rail, marked £5. My size, tried them on, they fitted, apart from being too long. I took them to the checkout, and asked if the price of £5 was correct. "No, it's not," came the reply, "they're £1 now"!!!!!! Purchase was made, plucked up courage and cut the bottoms off, re-hemmed them and bingo! Perfect!

Nearly left!...
This thread is already addictive! LOL!

A/Liz what a nightmare of a weekend...big hugs coming your way glad you got your bargain though...

Wow A Liz, your MIL sounds like a real trooper. Best wishes to her and you with the latest problem.

I don't know what planet I was on this morning, I came to work with no healty snack for coffee so I had to succumb to the carrot cake on the table

Its gloomy here today, got that Monday feeling! Hope some of you have sun. Better get back to work

Another Liz I know where you are coming from!! I have been going through all those hospital scenarios with my mum these last 2 weeks. I fact it is 2 weeks ago today that she fell and broke her hip. Just been round to her house sorting alarms & various equipment so she can cope??!! at home. All very stressful but probably more so for her.
Luckily, I don't live too far away. Have a good Monday everyone.

Cassie, I'm lucky that my SIL has come over from Australia to look after her!

Ooh! Just seen a tweet from Niall (in Wicked), who is on hols in Ireland at the moment, that he's meeting Lee tonight! So Lee has already set off for Dublin then!!! Unless he's going to commute for a day or two - it's not as though it's a long flight!

"Meeting the King of Cool @leemeadofficial tonight, as he arrives in the Emerald Isle...We might keep him, actually, and call him Liam Ead!!"

Afternoon all just having a break and having a KIT KAT (well actually the kitkat had gone by the time it took me to log in...lol)just walked the dog.i'm going to hoover in a min if I can find it..lol
I am not working tomorrow so i only have one more work day until Dublin so excited to be going to this.

Afternoon everyone - not long back from a lovely morning with a friend - talked lots, put the world to rights (as you do LOL!) and drank far too much coffee...now feeling quite hyper...good practice for Thursday.
Hi Debbie... looking forward to seeing you again on Thursday - also getting quite excited myself.
Can't wait to see our Gorgeous 'King of Cool' again too...
Cassie... sending you a - hope your Mum is recovering well now...

I heard back from "headoflyricfm@rte.ie" and they are not planning on broadcasting the concert live - rather some chamber music. Maybe if people e-mailed them at that address they might reconsider, at least to put it on their other channel or a rebroadcast. And I just found out they are recording it so maybe we need to ask then when they will be rebroadcasting it. Or, maybe enough people could change their minds from chamber music.

Sad news that it's not being broadcast live.
Good news that it is being recorded - at least we'll have the chance to hear it some time in the future.
Thanks for the info Graziellla - I'll try emailing rte but I think I'll give the chamber music a miss.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10