​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Any THEME Will Do.........

Twitter is an interesting 'extra' dimension. With some coaxing tonight (not from me), Lee even revealed what he had for tea I'm surprised he's not at the first night of Thrill me.
I do find that lots of celebs don't reply to even the friendliest of tweets. They can't reply to everyone I know but Lee always replies to some which makes it rather special. He's one in a million but we don't need reminding of that here!

Had a good evening at Thrill Me last night. The theatre is very tiny, even smaller than the Daniel Boys concert at The Trafalgar Studios. We took our seats and who happened to sit behind us but none other than Thrill Me's writer and composer Stephen Dolginoff. Had to watch what I said....lol

Sounds like you had a good evening, Woozie. It must be a very small venue - we thought the one at the Trafalgar Studios was tiny. I remember how hot it was in there, too (and that was even before Lee had arrived ).

You must have been incredibly close to the performers!

Just received a facebook message from a friend posted 7 hours ago who is aware of my 'slight interest'( *ahem*) in the Meadster. She said 'I hope you record Loose Woman today. I expect you have bought tickets for his tour'.

Was he on? Or mentioned? Am sure it would've been mentioned somewhere on LMAS if so, but I'm not sure what's she's talking about!? Anyone shed any light?

Toni, I'm sure someone somewhere would have posted if he'd been on Loose Women. In fact, Lee himself would probably have tweeted.

I had a look at the LW website, and all I could see was something about Adam Ant. Did you have a thing for him too??

The guests were Christopher Biggins and Adam Ant. No mention of Lee as far as I'm aware, though I only saw a bit of the show.

AH Ha!! You may laugh , but I indeed had a massive crush on Adam Ant when I was a wee girl. Didn't cross my mind it could be anyone other than Lee!! THanks for solving that one!

Evening all. Just dropping by to say hello. Im a bit flaky at posting at the minute but we are emigrating to the US in July and my hubby has already gone so Im left looking after the girls and sorting a move and finishing a college course so running a bit on empty at the minute.

Just booked LB tix for July though so got that to look forward to.

Lynda xx

PS sorry for the moaning

Oh, wow, good luck with everything, Lynda! Where in the States are you moving to? I'm in NYC, but there are loppies from here to California. Email me if you need anything.

Ah, Lynda, no worries. The US is not all that bad.

Just kidding, of course. I can imagine how difficult it would be to move your family so far away from family and friends. Sure to be very stressful and heart-wrenching.

I'm in California but have lived all over the US. Please do contact me via email if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do.

Daughter Abigail arriving today with boyf Sean for a long weekeend Yesterday was OH birthday so I exect she wil come bearing gifts.Hope weather holds up, has been sunny laely.

Have a lovely weekend with your daughter, Sue.
It looks as if the weather is going to stay sunny & warm for a few days.

Morning all talking of the US my neice is visiting me today she has just flown in from California so looking forward to seeing her it is years since I saw her

Morning everyone...bit tired this morning after a trip to see Jersey Boys with OH last night.
Great show - thoroughly enjoyed it.
Remembered all the songs, and sung along with the audience during some of them too...
(oooops! showing my age now)
Matthew Wycliffe (ex Police Constable/Piano Player in 'Lord Arthur Saville's' Crime) played the part of 'Bob Gaudio' brilliantly, he has some pretty impressive hidden talent, and it's lovely to see him being given the chance to show it off it off in this production....
Jon Lee played 'Frankie Valli' and he was amazing too.
Money well spent, can recommend it...

Acer have a lovely time with your niece - lots of catching up to do for you both.
Sue hope you have a lovely weekend with your daughter Abigail too.

Curly, I went to see Jersey Boys a couple of weeks ago coincidentally on Matt Wycliffe's first night. As you say, what talent! He was wasted in LASC really wasn't he? Still we knew he had played Buddy so had obviously done big parts previously.

Cassie I agree, he was definitely wasted in LASC.
I had no idea Matthew had such a great voice, and his acting skills were wonderful to watch too...
His timing was also absolutely perfect throughout the show, and as you know when Lee is on stage, none of us can take our eyes off him, well when Matt was on the stage last night, I couldn't take my eyes off him either, not quite for the same reasons though! LOL!
Still love our Lee to bits. ...
Back to earth now though - shopping! - I just love food shopping!...NOT!

Might email you American ladies as I do have loads of questions - mainly about the education system and is there any nursery provision for my 3 year olds. We are going to just outside Philadelphia. The most exciting bit for me is its only over an hour on the train to New York...always wanted to go.

What a lovely sunny day today - almost got my shorts on. And me and the girls got an invite to a royal wedding party so a much better day today.

L x

What a massive upheaval.

Looks like Lee has beaten you to it to New York, though - he has just arrived in the Big Apple (as notified in his tweet)! I wonder what he's there for?

Good luck with such a big upheaval Lynda. It must be daunting to get your head round but exciting too.

Lynda, my sisters and I all ended up going to college in the Philly area, UPenn and Bryn Mawr. Very fond of Philly and yes, you're a reasonable train or car trip to NYC. Loads of fun to be had.

I will be watching the Grand National tomorrow; anyone else interested? I have picked the horse called Backstage. Often my choice does not even make it to the starting line but hey it is a wonderful colourful sporting spectacle. Never like it when there are fallers in case a horse has to be put down.

I don't like the Grand National for that reason Sue. I hate to see the horses fall although they've made the fences less dangerous than in the 'old days'.
Lynda, hopefully our American friends will make the move a little easier for you. Best of luck with everything.
C Liz & Cassie, good to know that you enjoyed Jersey Boys. OH & I are going next month. After seeing Matt Wycliffe & cast on the Alan Titchmarsh show the other week, I can't wait to see him in this.

It's Friday - nearly the weekend - and the sun is out in my neck of the woods...Woo! Hoo!
Wonder what the weather is like in New York for Lee? -also wonder what he's up to there too...
ooooh! errrr!...very intriguing! or have I missed something?

Lynne - hope you enjoy Jersey Boys with your OH next month. I don't think you'll be disappointed...

From what I can make out, Lee has only gone for a few days, and he has a mate with him - Brian McCann, who is 2nd standby for Phantom, and who apparently Lee knew back in his Tommy days. Still don't know if it's a lad's break or work involved, though. Let's hope he tweets some more - even though it's hideodiously expensive!!

Thanks C Liz, we're both looking forward to it. Pity I couldn't get OH this enthusiastic over Joseph or Wicked.
On second thoughts perhaps it's just as well he didn't go with me to see them!
Nice photo on New York thread, thanks A Liz!

Jersey Boys is a great show.

Off to see matinee Les Mis, and eve Legally Blonde tomorrow. Booked as Lee's run in Wicked ended thinking that there was going to be a long Lee drought and I would need some theatre trips to look forward to. If only I had known Mr. Letskeepemguessing was going into Legally Blonde, I could possibly have saved some pennies. Ah well, it will be good to see Denise. It's going to be a lovely weekend weatherwise- hope it's not too hot in the theatres.

Have a great weekend in the sun everyone.

Toni i'm an Antmusic fan too!

Matt sounds like he's doing well, i'm tempted.

Sue I'll probably be watching, I haven't seen the list of names though. Good luck to 'backstage'.

We shall soon have enough contacts in America to look after us whenLee gets his part on Broadway or Hollywood. !!!

Just seen the picture of Lee with a beard. Andrew LLoyd Webber is supposed to putting "JCS2 on touring America next year . ending at the O.T. any chance Lee is in N.Y. about this ? Would be wonderfull.

It is a long tour though isn't it do you think he will leave Denise and Betsy for that long? on the other hand if he wants to further his career he will probably have to do these things

Truthie, if you're seeing Les Mis at the matinee tomorrow, I think you might get Jonathan Williams as JVJ - he is fab, and very free with hugs and kisses at the SD afterwards ...

acer
It is a long tour though isn't it do you think he will leave Denise and Betsy for that long? on the other hand if he wants to further his career he will probably have to do these things

I very much doubt that they'll have one cast for the whole tour. It's going to be something like 200 dates - and the two main roles in JCS are a hard sing! More likely, they'll have two or three (at least) cast changes during the course of the tour.

It's a pity they seem to have abandoned the idea of a WE revival of the show. That could be a real hit, especially if they did a 'Frankenstein' and had the two lead actors alternating the roles of Jesus and Judas! There would be lots of people wanting to see the show twice (at least) to see both actors play both roles! Especially if you had a pairing like Lee and Ramin Karimloo!

Have a good weekend everybody. Who will be getting the barbie out? Take care.

For a split second then Sue I was trying to work out the connection to playing with Barbie dolls.....Doh!!!

Morning all, so nice to see the sun again this morning...
Just wanted to wish good luck to everyone having a 'flutter' on the Grand National today.
Also thanks A/Liz for the link to that lovely 'piccy' of our bearded Lee...not usually a fan of beards but he looks gorgeous...
Truthie...hope you enjoy LB later - Denise tweeted last night she was very tired after the show - apparently the heat in the theatre was a bit overpowering, so light clothing is probably a good idea...
Piers Morgan is interviewing Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber at his Villa in Majorca tonight...
It's on ITV1 at 9.10pm...if anyone is interested.
Enjoy Saturday everyone.

Thanks for the heads up on the ALW interview Liz. I hadn't noticed that in the listings.

Thanks Liz I will watch that didn't know it was on haven't got my TV Guide yet should be interesting

I'm looking forward to the ALW interview tonight.

I'm feeling very virtuous this afternoon. I went into town earlier today and made a few purchases:

Boots (1st visit): Hairspray; face cream. Cost: free (used points accrued on Boots card when I bought new specs recently).

Costa Coffee: Medium skinny latte and sandwich. Free with points on Costa card (I knew all those visits to the AV via Costa would be good for something!).

Boots (2nd visit): birthday card, stuff to clean specs with & lip salve. Also free with Boots card.

Discovered I'd left my bus pass at home, so decided to save £2.30 and walk - took 45 mins!

(Before I polish my halo, I'll gloss over mentioning the new top and trousers I purchased whilst in town)

Liz XX

Ooh A Liz, very good!!!!

We went to Primark and bought several things (for daughter) at a much lower cost than elsewhere. I was good on the food front but now i'm on the wine and crisps, oops! Maybe a swim at the lido tomorrow will redeem me!

My horse, Backstage, at least finished the National, came about 8th.

Fell asleep during aLw interview, very cross with myself.

OOPS Does anyone know how to get dark oak varnish off patio slabs as have spilt a tin when i tried to varnish the table to spruce up after winter and with it being a nice day its dried up quick on them Thanks Luv Mazza

Oooops! Mazza that's not good...
The only thing I have used in the past is a chemical called 'Nitromors' which comes
in a bottle and can be obtained from most 'Do It Yourself' stores. (eg B&Q)
It's really for stripping varnish off wood but may do the trick on your patio slabs too...
I would also have a word with someone in the store who could possibly give you better
advice before you purchase it though...
Good Luck...

Lee is having his last day in NYC today, sounds like he's had fun.

I bet he's had a brilliant time, Jazzy. I'd love to know what he and his friend did - but unless either of them tweets, we never will!

If it wasn't for twitter I doub't we'd even know he was there. Its lovely that he shares some of what he's up to.
I so need one of PKP's mugs, maybe we should have some made LOL.

I go to London and Lee comes to NY. We are trading theatre breaks it seems. I am sure he had as good a time here as I have had in London. Of course I had the advantage of seeing him. Hopefully he hit some of the other great places we have here. Bars and restaurants here stay open much later than London so I hope he is having a great last night. Its still quite early right now.

My daughter ran a marathon in Llanelli Sunday, finished in about 4 hours. Running is her fave sport and we are veryn proud of her.

Have a good week everyone.

Sue, that's good about your daughters Marathon, Well done to her.

I knew this would happen.
Hi everyone. First venture on here.
After putting computer on to book Kilworth house should have gone on to do housework etc but thought I'd pop on forum...ooh why not have leettle read of this thread. Had to start at beginning so ...is now nearly 1 o'clock and am on 3rd coffee ...no food and definitely no housework done. To make matters worse it's raining outside after lovely weekend! Enjoyed it though

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10