​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Any THEME Will Do.........

A/Liz and Cassie I do feel for you what a stressful time you are having, been there, done that, not recently but I remember how exhausting it all is

Kirsten, arrgh, still can't get into Latest News 2010, the message coming up is "The page cannot be found"

Joem, I've just tried 2010 and got the same as you. 2009 was fine, though. How odd.

Right, off to cyber wilderness again. Bye , see you all tomorrow.

Right well i have at last located the hoover but where the hell are the polishing wipes this tidying up bisness is really hard work

So disappointed that the concert is not being broadcast live oh well we will have to rely on the lovely ladies who are going to try and do a review for those who can't go cheers

A/Liz I can get into 2009 no problem, just 2010 won't cooperate.
Debbie put that hoover away, the dust will keep,lol
Acer did I see the concert may be recorded? I don't have Sky so if it's on there won't be able to hear it.. Wouldn't a cd be great, or dvd.

joem yes it is being recorded and played at a later date it would be fantastic to have a DVD,I can get the station on sky but I would think if you have a good radio you could get it on there fingers crossed

Why is it that when you settle down with your PJS on lying on the sofa nice and cosy to watch a movie you have wanted to watch for ages with a large bar of chocolate you feel sick and wish you never had eaten it then fall asleep near the end so you have to watch it again to see what happened at the end luv Mazza

Just to let you know, Kirsten has now fixed the link to the 2010 Latest News!
Happy Reminiscing! Thanks Kirsten!x

Thanks Karen & Kirsten.
I can continue lusting I mean lurking there again.

Evening all!

Still no central heating - the man came today and we need a part that he doesnt carry in his van so will have to wait til Weds. Im so cold....looks like another early night for me. To cheer myself up Ive had a hot cross bun.

Lynda xx

I can just imagine how you are feeling Lynda, think I'd want chips, cheese and chocolate, just like Mazzaas well as a hot x bun if we had no c/heating. They've turned the heating off at work also so have been freezing today - it is still only March for goodness sake

Paper knickers I do recall them and vaguely remember thinking about getting some for taking on a holiday, but didn't in the end.

Had a busy day (likewise tomorrow) making sure mother is sorted before I head off for Dublin. Pondering what to take as we are only taking one bag each.

Mrs.Brown's boys in 30 mins.

Not sure I'll make it to watch that tonight. Still feeling rough. Somone NEEDS to find a cure for the common cold!! First my ears , then my chest, now my sinuses are giving up on me.

Mind you, don't suppose I'm feeling as rough as James Cracknell felt when he ran the Marathon des sables (across the desert) in the 'Toughest Race on earth' Anyone see that on Discovery channel last week? What a nutter!

Am going to watch the next one on Thursday to see his race across America that almost ended in tradegy. The following week is his cyle across the Tundra!Craaaazy fella!

Have a great time all you Dublin bound ladies. So wish I was coming as well.

Am having a really cra.. time at the moment, sister is back in hospital O.h. has health problems again and my eldest son has seperated from his wife , they have been married 8ys and have had lots of problems my daugter in law has had several miscariages. All too much.

Hope this little outpouring is O.K. on this site but just felt like "telling " someone.

Give my love to Lee !!!!!

Ah , Maggie, Sorry to hear you're having such a rough trot. Here's to better times x

Oh, Maggie, that's quite a lot to deal with, so sorry about all the family woes.

Maggie so sorry to hear about your troubles but it is good to get it off your chest what a shame you can't go to see Lee it would have cheered you up,I hope your OH is feeling better soon,your son and his wife may make up it seems to be the norm with the young ones but not a lot we can do keep smiling and think of all those kisses you have had from Lee when some of us haven't had any

Sorry to hear about your family worries Maggie. I hope things improve for you soon.

Toni I hope your cold gets better soon

Maggie you are having a rough time aren't you?
I hope that things improve for you & your family soon.

There has been "A change in the weather" here.
Yesterday I sat out in the garden at work to have my lunch but today I a freezing.

Never mind tomorrow I can concentrate on packing my case for Dublin.
Do you think that I will need my camera?

Morning all yes the weather has changed I feel quite chilly this morning,thinking of you all packing for Dublin anyone know when Lee will get there I expect he will have to go early to practice with the band,are most of you flying?I am sure you will have a great time

We actually had frost on the car this morning! The heating at work has now finished for the day, so it's going to be another chilly one - brrr.

I just can't get my head round packing for Dublin at the moment. It's not the clothes, it's the little plastic bag of goodies to take through security. I can't possibly get all my 'slap' into a bag that small!!

Acer, we think Lee arrived in Dublin last night, as one of his ex-colleagues from Wicked (Niall), who is on holiday in Dublin, tweeted that he was meeting him that evening - and also called him 'The King of Cool'!

Actually, take that last bit back, Lee has just tweeted that he's off to Heathrow, for Dublin, later today! Confusified or what??

Morning everyone
A/Liz I saw that too - sounds like he went to the 'Emerald City' not the 'Emerald Isle' after all LOL!
Sorry to hear they have switched off your heating at work again - so annoying for you...
SueC... hope you get your new computer sorted out soon too.
Busy day for me now, catch up again later.
Have a lovely day everyone

Thanks ladies for info on Lee,I know what you mean about those little plastic bags airports drive one mad now

Niall definitely tweeted yesterday: "Meeting the King of Cool (Lee) tonight as he arrives in the Emerald Isle" - so he must be the confusified one.

Well it seems someone got it wrong, let's hope Niall hasn't been waiting at the airport all night

Thanks Kirsten, result!

Beautiful morning in my part of the world although it was frosty first thing.

Maybe he is MEADMUSHED!!!

Woozie, I absolutely loved the clip, so so funny. How angelic they looked at the beginning too And the Irish touch is so apt!!!

Is anyone watching The One Show? If I'm not much mistaken, they just played the intro to Seven Nation Army! Before the Coliseum I would never have known that.

Good Evening. Hope everyone has had a good day.

Yes, I noticed 7 nation army intro too A/Liz.

Maggie, so sorry to hear what a rough time you are having and hope things improve soon for all concerned. Feel free to offload here, you are among friends.

Toni, hope you start feeling better soon. I didn't watch the James Cracknell programme but I have read an article about his adventures. I feel sorry for his wife actually, holding it all together at home. What is it with these men that they have to keep proving something - my OH is a bit like that - boy's adventures up Kilimanjaro, Everest base camp (please God, don't let him want to go to the top)and so it goes on, still it leaves me in credit for Lee trips

Busy getting sorted for Dublin. Know what you mean about those little plastic bags, I have been de-canting amounts of my lotions and creams into smaller containers to get them to fit in.

This is probably the place to mention a weird little Lee dream I had last night. He was in an TV ad for Kellogs cornflakes, walking up the road by a school near my home with corn growing on the playing field - instead of children playing, singing a little ditty about sunshine making the corn grow, then it being made into golden flakes, then he stops and you see he has a bowl of cornflakes in his hand onto which he pours milk, takes a spoonful, looks into the camera, gives his famous smile and wink and says "it's as simple as that". Now where the heck that all came from I do not know, but it was rather nice .

oh yes and he was wearing a navy and white striped, V neck tee-shirt, blue jeans and a dark navy bomber type jacket.

That sounds like a great idea for an advert to me
Maybe you should suggest it to the PTB.

Blimey- there's no way I'm sharing MY Lee dreams on here!!

LOL, great dream Truthie!

Toni, you are a spoilsport!!!

LOL Truthie, what a funny dream! I thought of the closing scene in LASC at the end there.

Hiya everyone. I'm out of hospital now. I had excellent care and facilities in hospital, but cannot make Irelend due to follow up appointments. My dad also had excellent care. My Dad is also out of hospital, after being in there for over 2 months, with care now going in at my parents home. So lots of prayers have been answered.

This is an excellent thread. Very interesting to read.

Maggie- So sorry to hear you have so many family problems all at once at present. It does seem too much to go through. Thinking of you, and praying for you. Love and hugs, Jan2 xxx

Morning everyone. Loads of noise and mess here. OH arranged for drive, paths and Patio to be taken up and replaced with one of those brick pattern surfaces. Not keen, expect it costs a bomb and as I do not go out it should not bother me. Now and again I do have to get to hosital on a stretcher though and they are changing the rap at the front door. I just worry about everything, I am a nervous patient. They started in earnest yesterday and now the weather forecast is for rain for the foreseeable future! Typical!Will be gllad whe it is all done.Sorry, this is one long moan. Worse things happen at sea.Wish I was in Dublin and ablebodied again!

Morning everyone
Sue I am sure that once the new drive is finished it will be attractive & functional.

Toni I would love you to share your Lee dreams however I would be banned if I shared mine

Morning all are all the lucky ladies that are going to Dublin flying today? safe journey and have a great time and don't forget reports!!

Safe journeys to everyone travelling today & tomorrow.
Have a fantastic time in the Emerald Isle & don't forget to bring back every detail of the concert.
Jan2, I'm pleased to hear that you & your dad are so much better.
Sue, good luck with the builders. You can always listen to Lee or watch the Jersey Boys on the Alan Titchmarsh Show this afternoon to take your mind off what's happening outside.

I have just seen on twitter that Lee is on RTE Radio 1 on Mooney Show 3-30pm does that mean we can listen to it on the radio or sky 0160 anyone know?

Thanks, Acer, I saw that about the radio show too. I'll start a new thread about it, and hopefully someone will be able to give us a bit more info (and even listen in and tell us about it!).

Hi Liz I can get that station on sky so I will put it on at 3-30pm so if it comes on I will tell you what he says I will do my best I haven't got perfect hearing

Have a good time at he concert Ladies safe journey to all flippin heck Maggie you are getting it all at once hope everthing gets better soon for you. Jan2 pleased you are out of hospital onwards and upwards now for you and your dad Luv Mazza

For those not on twitter, I have just put up a photo of Lee in 'Latest News', which you may not have seen....

Kirsten, that is a corker - you can almost count the hairs on his arms!!! Oh, and no pic of Lee is ever too big (and I should know ).

Thanks KIrsten
That is a stunning photo.

Thanks for the rehearsal photo Kirsten.
As for the Skegness pic!!!! That should come with a health warning!Phew!

That photo! Oh my goodness!

Thanks for lovely comments guys.

Wish I was in Dublin now for Lee's concert, but got medical appointments follow up. I would SO love to hear Lee sing with a whole orchestra. I hope he does it again sometime soon.

I'm sitting at home having a coffee before setting off for Stansted. When you think of it, even this time last year, how many of us would ever have dreamed of boarding a plane just to go to a concert? All for one man - the lovely, fabulous Mr Lee Mead!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10