​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Any THEME Will Do.........

I think we should turn this thread into a wallflower lounge tonight for all those damsels in distress who can't be at the concert.

SUE REYNOLDS
Morning everyone. Loads of noise and mess here. OH arranged for drive, paths and Patio to be taken up and replaced with one of those brick pattern surfaces. Not keen, expect it costs a bomb and as I do not go out it should not bother me. Now and again I do have to get to hosital on a stretcher though and they are changing the rap at the front door. I just worry about everything, I am a nervous patient. They started in earnest yesterday and now the weather forecast is for rain for the foreseeable future! Typical!Will be gllad whe it is all done.Sorry, this is one long moan. Worse things happen at sea.Wish I was in Dublin and ablebodied again!

Aw sorry Sue, that doesn't sound good, I hope its all sorted out soon.

I guess everyone's in Dublin then? Or hibernating until its over

I'm here! Another Cinderloppy, but there are lots of us around, weeping into our beer/tea/beverage of choice.

Might spring a little quiz on y'all if enough are around. Or even if you're not!

I am still here waiting for news but don't expect any till tomorrow will it just about be over now?

Im here too...just sort of sat, waiting really

When I was at college on Tuesday we were reading Thomas Hardy which isnt the most cheery of reading matter until a line in one poem had the immortal words 'wet mead' - cue me drifting off into contemplation of a different sort of wet Mead...mmm

On that note think Ill pop off to bed xxx

Another cinderloppy here. Have been filling in the time watching "Women in Love" spend two our and still have no idea what it was all about. Lots of nude bonking !!

Hope you lucky lot that that made it to Belfast have had a great time. Hope you will have some great stories for us unable to go to the ball

I'm really not quite sure why we're waiting anyway, we KNOW what they will all say....and I doubt words will even be able to convey how good it was.

LOL Maggie, I've just read you post, sounds like an interesting film! Even that couldn't drown out Lee's calling from Dublin!

BELFAST!!!????? I hope not, Maggie ... they will have missed the concert completely.

Evening mouse and all other fellow loppies xx
lurking for a while thought i would say hi

Another Cinderloppy here waiting for some news.

It's hello & goodnight from this Cinderloppy. Hopefully we'll have some news tomorrow.
Maggie &

LOL, Maggie, I haven't seen that movie since I was in college. All I can remember is thinking "huh, that doesn't look very enjoyable!" (about the bonking scenes). I can't remember what it was about either!

The room where they filmed the nude wrestling scene for the original film was at my sister's University (it wasn't a Uni when the film was made). I remember my mum coming home after being shown around by sis and excitedly telling me that!

I think someone should write a musical based on the book/film. With Lee and Ramin Karimloo - if Lee and Ramin wrestling naked on stage isn't enough to get bums on seats, I don't know what is!

Initial reports from Dublin sound tremendous; aiting for more plus pix I hope!

This isn't completely O/T. For David Tennant fans, he & fiancee Georgia Moffatt had a baby girl last night. New Grandad Peter Davison is in Legally Blonde of course.
AS I posted this the new banner popped up.

Loving the April 1st banner. Brilliant

Morning all lovely sunny morning and I have just received my ticket for Legally Blonde so I am on top of the world, just need Lee to keep well

Loving the 'Llamas' banner!

Hehe fab banner! It popped up as I posted too!

Tomorrow is my Wedding Aniversary 45 years !!!!!

Scarey where did my youth go ?

Happy April Fools Day! Heehee, it's an old banner I made as a joke some time ago, but seemed appropriate for today.

Lynne, thanks for the David Tennant news -- how wonderful!

Oh, Maggie, think of yourself as a Timelord and start enjoying your youth now! Nevermind those people who call you delusional, pfft!

Happy Anniversay, Maggie!

Happy anniversary Maggie.

Happy Anniversary Maggie have a nice day

Hi all,
Happy Anniversary Maggie. I got back from Dublin yesterday evening and all I can say is WOW Lee was amazing, I will add a little review on to The Dublin Thread.

Nobody about ? I've had far too much so imight call it a day.

Happy anniversary Maggie. I'ts my 20th this year, its gone so quickly!

I'm going to bed with Meady concerts, night

Just watched the 25th anniversary concert of Les Mis. Always makes me cry; if Lee were ever to go into that I would leave the theatre looking a complete mess every time. Going to watch the 10th anniversary version tomorrow. Have a sneaky suspicion that, with some exceptions, I prefer that cast. It was lovely to get a glimpse of Colm Wilkinson and Alun Armstrong at the end today! Hard acts to follow. Alfie Boe may have the stronger voice, certainly now, but I just love CW. Oh, and my sister who is not a Loppy said she loved Lee's Bring Him Home just as much. Wow, that is a surprise, but a pleasant one!

Hi Asher
I just watched the dvd film version of Les Mis (no singing) with Liam Neesen & Uma Therman ... certainly interesting Kept waiting for them to burst into song!

Happy Mothers Day to all you LMAS Mums,
I am still in bed....well I should say BACK in bed after making my own tea and toast and letting the dog out.....my only child still at home is still fast asleep after doing a late shift lastnight.....but on the up I did spy a bunch of flowers on the worktop that wasn't there when I went to bed last night....lol

Evening loungers.
Hope you have all had a good day.
I havnt ben very well today but have ben spoilt and i'm now having a foot rub..

I hope you feel beter soon Deb x

Hi everyone - I wonder if those who went to Dublin are still basking in the warm glow .... (and other feelings no doubt!).

SueC is off line for a while, but she wishes to say thank you to a certain lady we bumped into in the grounds of Trinity College (you know who you are!) for relaying on the snippet of conversation this lady had with Lee after the show.

Had a lovely Mothers Day; did not see my children as they live oo far away but had flowers from each of them on Saturday and cards plus phonecallls today.Daughter Abigail visiting this coming weekend.

Ouch! it's Monday again already - anyone still Meadmushed this morning? LOL!
Just wanted to say it was lovely to meet up with so many of you again in Dublin.
A big thank you to Charlee and OH for finding us such a lovely Italian Restaurant.
Also a big hug to the 'WJ' ladies for such a wonderful two days - never to be forgotten eh ladies? ...
Glad you all enjoyed your Guinness! even if the first taste was through three straws! LOL!
BTW...I felt really stupid carrying that glass (Guinness and three straws) over to you
in the 'Temple Bar', with all the regular punters looking on and laughing! thanks! heaps!

You're welcome Curly, anytime an experience not to be missed.

How cold is it today?

I'm cold and bored. Sat here tip-tapping away on my lappy. Can't even muster the energy to make a cuppa.

Lethargy reigns.

Awww!...Hi Toni a coming up...sounds like you need a hug too.
Sorry, this probably wont make you feel any better - but the sun is out in my part of the country at the moment, and it's quite warm too... just off to sample some rays!!!
I wont say have a listen to 'Bring Him Home' because it's so beautiful, and will probably make you cry...so here's a virtual instead...hope it helps a little...

Thanks Joem... ...it was some experience that's for sure...LOL!

I made a coffee hours ago, and it's only just thanks to Lee's tweet that I remembered it. I looked at my desk, thinking 'where on earth is my cup?' - yep, still in the office kitchen! It's stone cold now, of course. Meadmushed, I guess - me, not the coffee.

I've come down to earth well and truly with a bang (nothing to do with Ryanair, I hasten to add). Letter from bank, two days work waiting for me ....

Oh, yes, and had to visit MIL - and both my boys forgot Mothers Day! Not that we've ever made a big deal out of it, but a card would have been nice.

A/Liz...that all sounds rather awful...
poor you...
I think you need one of these too

BTW... how do you fancy Italy for our next MM Staff outing?...or even New York!

Italy?

I can understand NYC.

Jazzy, see Lee's latest tweets. He may be planning a holiday - or just fantasising about coffee!!

The day gets better - a fuse has just blown in the lighting track above my desk. All the floor plunged into darkness (well, the lights went out), the alarm started going off ... and well meaning boss, who hasn't a clue, tried to change the fuse and managed to switch off all the computers, so we lost anything we were working on and hadn't saved.

Jazzy - Sorry to confuse you earlier - mentioning Italy. It was just wishful thinking on my part!...after reading one of Lee's Tweets!...

Ahh gotcha Thanks.

Thanks for the update Kirsten.

Lovely photos Joan, that third one is a stunner! He's got a funny expression on the first...perhaps... (i've always wanted to use that one!)

Just woke up and looked in here to see if there is any news. How do I get into twitter? Do I just put Twitter in the google box?

Sue I put HTTP://twitter.com/leemead or denisevanouten then once in you can follow different names ok

Yes Sue, just put Twitter into Google and it will take you to the home page where you will have the option to set up your own account, follow people etc.

I must admit, I've got quite addicted to Twitter. It's fascinating what you can find out, the people you can follow, the conversations you can drop in on! Then there's the added bonus if someone replies to your tweet!!!

Always remember, though, don't put anything on there that you don't want the whole world to know!!! It amazes me what some people put into print. I do wonder if they think they are having a private conversation sometimes.

Having said that, you don't need to join Twitter, you can read it without that. Find who you want, and save them as favourites.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10