​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

Here is the new thread for your posts on any topic. The previous one reached 1000 posts and therefore needs to be closed.

Thanks

Karen
Xxxxx

Re: Any Theme Will Do... Part 2

I think in the latest forum picture of Lee (same as West End Men picture) Lee looks a bit menacing, though still sexy. Its a look that I can imagine if Lee were playing the bad guy (like Michael Moon in Eastenders)that Lee would look like. What do others think?

Lee does look a bit menacing in the banner. I could definitely imagine him playing a villain. I could also imagine him in romantic or heroic roles. I could see him being a versatile actor.

Thanks acer for the PB bit, nice read, the last para. was particularly interesting about Lee. The camping for Denise's birthday was obviously a success as today on Twitter she's asking for suggestions for family friendly sites in France suitable for a 2 yr old.

Any luck with Twitter yet?

Thanks AnnieB no still can't get it I am thinking of getting someone who knows about these things to have a look,that would be nice camping in France mind you at the moment weather is awful

acer, thanks for this month's snippets from PB, much
appreciated as always.

I still cannot get twitter on my laptop, I am using
my son's computer at the moment which he has stored at my flat. He is on the safari site, so it is probably
a problem with the browser I am using, although it's
only recently that I have started having problems,
which I agree with you is very frustrating.

maggiemay I was thinking it could be my browser it just went all of a sudden I hadn't had any trouble till then,I think I will ring the computer man in the morning,I registered with twitter but I still can't get it so it makes no difference whether you are registered or not if it has gone off that is it

Thanks as always for posting the Prima Baby article Acer. It's lovely to read the lastest news of Betsy. She sounds a real girlee little girl .
I think if they went camping in the South of France they would have better weather than us Acer It's usually scorching there during the summer
Sorry you still can't get twitter. He tweeted yesterday that he was off to Limerick to visit a friend and enjoy the Guinness.

Thanks from me too Acer
Just catching up with the lastest PB article.
'Magic Princess Cream'...Awww!...Bless!...
Wouldn't we love to see our Gorgeous One 'hitting the dance floor' too?...strutting his stuff! Phew!

Thanks SueC yes Betsy sounds like a lovely little girl,I know the weather in France is usually better It was just that I was watching the tennis and the weather was awful,I hope Lee has a good time

Thanks Curly Liz I too would love to see him on the dancefloor 'that pert little bot'!!!
I am back on twitter,thank you to all that helped me telling me what Lee had tweeted

Thanks acer for the Prima Baby news, always like to read that

Pleased you've got Twitter back again.

acer, pleased to hear you have got twitter back. I
still can't get it on my laptop, how did you manage to
get it back?

Thanks everyone,maggiemay it is a man that lives near me he does it for a living I found him in the yellow pages,he is not cheap but worth it to get twitter back.

In case anyone is interested on Denise's twitter page a photo of lovely Jubilee cushion made for Betsy by Bunting and Bows,you may have already seen it but in case you haven't

Look who was spotted at Tower Hill tube station:

https://twitter.com/westendwilma/status/213391584279019522/photo/1

(I hope those of you struggling with Twitter can see it, I don't seem to be able to link it any other way)

Lee tweeted earlier he's on his way back from Ireland - looks like he's already in London.

Thanks Another Liz

Thanks A/Liz great to see him home,I can see it ok hope maggie can

Ooooo!...Thank you ladies for the new front page banner, and the updates Kirsten
Whatever the pose, Lee still looks gorgeous doesn't he?

Found this on youtube - Who is your favourite Raoul?

LINKY THING

Let's see...Lee (obviously ), Michael Ball, Steve Barton (but what was going on with that hair? ) and Josh Groban (that clip is from the Diana concert - I'd forgotten how dreadful Sarah Brightman was! ). Hadley Frasier was OK as well, but a bit full-on. I'm not keen on singers who perform it as if it's an operatic aria. I prefer a richer tone and a slight huskiness.

I'd be interested to see what Lee could do with the role of the Phantom. I bet he'd be amazing!

There's a very small snippet in the TV mag that comes with The Sun about the previous TV Casting Show winners. A pic of Lee in his 'Winner's Coat' illustrates the piece and the bit about him says:-

LEE MEAD
Won: Any Dream Will Do
Wed the show's judge, Denise Van Outen, then appeared in Legally Blonde and Sky Living drama Bedlam.

For those interested but not a lot to report this month
Prima Baby,
I am nursing Betsy as she copes with chickenpox,
She has had it quite badly,which is a relief in one way because she is less likely to get it again,but it was still pretty wretched watching her suffer.Its worse in the warm weather the itching intensifies-I don't know what we would have done without cool baths and copious amounts of antihistamines and calamine lotion.I kept her off nursery and we have been cooped up inside,as she had bad spots all over her face and I didn't want people staring at her,Lee and I have had it so that was one less thing to worry about-I know it can be pretty nasty in adults.
Betsy's illness didn;t stop her from chattering away,though-it makes life so much easier when you can understand what your little one is trying to say,doesn't it?She'd say'very hot Mummy'or itchy Mummy'which makes you feel so helpless.Still she is over the worst of it now.
I've just bought Betsy her first bed.I think she is ready now-in the mornings,she clearly wants to get out of her cot,so I lie with her on the bed in the evenings to get her used to it,but I am still putting her down in her cot at the moment.I tell her she's got a big girl's bed now and she seems to like the idea!It's a sleigh bed,close to the ground with a big headboard.It was just over a £100-a real bargain when you think how much it costs to get beds made.
I have been really enjoying presenting on Daybreak.We've just done a feature on helping Mums lose weight for summer,I've done Zumba and Bollywood dancing-it's just like being in a nightclub in my 20s but without the booze!thats all for now -see you next month.
Love Denise and Betsy xx

Aww, poor Betsy. I remember getting Chicken Pox when I was about 9 or 10 and being slathered in Calomine lotion - it was weird stuff because it dried on your skin. I also remember being given lucozade, which came in glass bottles then, with a sort of plasticy wrapping. Aaah, those were the days...when lucozade was a drink for sick people, not a Sports drink!

I didn't get chickenpox until I was 30 caught it from my friends litle girl, gave it to my son,it was pretty painful very bad back and headaches till the rash appeared,I remember the calamine lotion

Thanks for the Prima Baby update Acer!

Poor Betsy - chicken pox can be very uncomfortable but it is better, apparently, to get it over with when you're young.

Thank you Acer for our monthly report from 'Prima Baby'
Ouch! chicken pox - not nice at all. Poor little Betsy.
Love the way Denise is carefully introducing Betsy to her new 'grown-up' sleigh bed. Awww! sweet.

Hi Curly Liz there is a photo of the bed at the side of the page an advert for 'Kidkraft Sleigh Toddler Bed' it looks really comfortable but I am not techy enough to put up the photo sorry!! it is white very low with two blocks underneath at the top two in the middle and two at the bottom not legs,very stylish

Thanks for the description Acer...
Sounds really lovely.
I bet little Betsy can't wait to sleep in such a 'classy' bed...

Thanks as always Acer for taking the time to post the article for us.
Aww, poor Betsy. It's better for her to have Chicken Pox as a child though. It's so much worse in adults. My OH caught it five weeks after we got married and was really ill for about three weeks. After 40 odd years of marriage he still reminds me that I told him "I know I said in my marriage vows that I would love you in sickness and in health, but I didn't expect you to be so sick, so soon"
Love her little sleigh bed, so cute

Thanks SueC, you may have seen higher up the thread I had it at 30 didn't feel too good,Betsy seemed to have a lot on her face hope she didn't pick them I would hate to see the replica of Lee's lovely face marked!!!!

I did see that Acer, I felt for you. Such a nasty illness. Perhaps Denise put cotton mitts on Betsy to try to stop her scratching her face.

Here's an article on Denise which appeared in The Sun today:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4448553/Denise-Van-Outen-Watch-your-back-Lord-Lloyd-Webber-Im-writing-a-musical.html

Interesting that she is writing her own 'Shirley Valentine' type musical with Kylie Minogue's song writing team! Could be interesting if she manages to get it produced.

Thanks Greycat I hope she is successful with it and puts plenty of bums on seats,interesting to see she says ALW backtracks a lot it has been noticed!!!!

ALW's tendency to change his mind has cost him on at least one occasion! He famously promised the American star Patti LuPone, who created the role of Norma in the original London production of Sunset Boulevard, that she could also also open the show on Broadway. However, he subsequently decided to cast Glenn Close instead. Patti sued him and won a £1 million settlement. It's a tough business!!!

Please can anyone help,I have just seen on the twitter timeline there is a poll for the favourite reality winner,how do I vote for Lee?

We've had ALW composing musicals and casting musicals via TV. Now we're going to get ALW - the computer game!

LINKY THING

acer, just click on the link that Ro has posted ie:
frontrowdress.com and it takes you to the voting which is on the right hand side of the page.

Thanks maggiemay that is very helpful do you know if we can vote more than once?

Sorry ladies, I've just done a new post for the comp, I didn't realise it was on this thread.

All is quiet in Lee land at the moment - I hope Lee is enjoying the Olympics and spending time with family and friends before he has to depart on his big American adventure!

From these Twitter posts, it looks as though Lee and Denise were at a wedding last night:

@scottfirth97: "Wedding last night was top quality! Even got to dance with Denise Van Outen."

@scottfirth97: "Also spent ages speaking with Lee Mead as well! Such a good night!"

Think it must have been in Scotland Greycat judging by the tweets on Denise's Twitter

‏@loolou79 : Just saw family van outen on flight from a'deen to LHR...... betsy was beautifully behaved! #lovelyfamily :-)

‏@shaunhewitt : Just bumped into @denise_vanouten at T5 baggage hall, well kind off! Spotted Lee chasing a little someone!

Looks like Betsy was trying to make her escape

Do you remember me telling you on PB Denise said they were going to a wedding and she had got kid ear defenders for Betsy hoping she would have a snooze while Mummy and Daddy hit the dance floor,I have just had a chuckle to myself I can just picture Lee chasing Betsy,pity they didn't take a pic

Thanks Greycat and AnnieB for the news,I am not getting any new tweets on Denise's page I still have the one with hangover on I don't know why

Acer, Denise hasn't tweeted anything for a few days - maybe having too much fun in Scotland to have time to tweet!

The tweets AnnieB has mentioned are tweets which mention @denise_vanouten rather than ones she has sent herself.

The Lee chasing Betsy tweet made me ! I can just imagine it! Perhaps she was in training for the 2032 Olympics!

Thanks Greycat feel better now 'hate to miss anything'!!!!

Hot on the heels of the announcement of Louise going back into Wicked to play Elphaba, someone has posted an audio of Lee & Louise's duet of ALAYM from Lee's Love Tour:

As Long As You're Mine

Ah, memories, memories!

If anyone's interested, Simon Thomas (who played Warner to Lee's Emmett in Legally Blonde) will take over the role of Raoul in Phantom from 3rd September.

Well done Simon!

Always thought Lee would have liked that role,but he seems more interested getting into films.

acer. I think Lee would be more interested in playing the Phantom one day, he was already understudying the part of Raoul when he applied for the tv programme for Joseph so I doubt he would want to do it again. Just my opinion of course.

Good luck to Simon though.

Denise has updated her blog today - it mentions Lee a couple of times (but no fresh news!):

http://denise-van-outen.blogspot.co.uk/

I see from Twitter, that Denise has also been in the recording studio today - presumably recording songs for the new musical she has been involved in writing? It must be coming along well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10