​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Any THEME Will Do.........

Welcome to the LMAS forum's Chat thread. This is a free for all, open house, all welcome thread, to chat with your friends, make new ones or just say hello, whilst talking about anything you want.
If you are new to the forum, we'd love you to come in and say hi.
Please respect the forum rules that you signed up to, at all times, but HAVE FUN!!

Re: Any THEME Will Do.........

Morning all!! And we are off.....!!!!

I will leave this thread in your capable hands to move it along, as I am off to my niece's engagement party this weekend, up north in Sheffield.
Enjoy!!!!!

Thanks Kirsten enjoy yourself,and thanks for all your hard work xx

Thanks Kirsten - have a lovely time at the Engagement Party...
My weekend starts with food shopping YUK!

Hey everyone Hope you all have a lovely day.

Thanks for this new thread Kirsten. I hope you have a good time at the engagement party.
And thanks to Toni for naming the thread - brilliant!
Have a good weekend everyone.

Thank you for this thread Kirsten. Have a lovely time at the party.

I am having a rare day at home on my own to catch up with loads of boring domestics after so many weekends away .....overflowing washing and ironing baskets, sorting through drawers and cupboards to see what needs replacing from my summer wardrobe. Also, starting to plan for Dublin trip.... that's the fun bit.

Why then am I not getting on with it instead of reading the paper, watching the tadpoles in the pond and spending time on here ..... well,just because - that's why!!

And where has that sun gone.

Something I just read. Apparently, according to a study, women consider themselves old at 29 , while men do not feel they are over the hill until 58 blah, blah. A quote regarding the survey from the managing director of a funeral plans group

"Just when a man thinks he's reached his peak, women think he's past it. What I think these results show is that age is truly in the mind".....

and so say all of us

Happy weekend everyone

I read that too Truthie. 29!!! Good heavens. I don't consider myself old and I'm *****!! Just to add I love this new chatting thread. Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. I am visiting my mum in hospital this afternoon but hoping she will be coming home with a care team sometime this week.

Well Truthie you know what they say "age is only a number" I am debating whether or not to paint my step it does need doing badly not that it has anything to do with age,it will soon be the concert I can't go so please if pos a review, everyone have a nice weekend hope the weather keeps nice

Hi everyone, thanks for the thread Kristin, and the fab name Toni

I feel a bit weird posting as I'm more of a lurker now, but thought this would be a good opportunity to get back in the thick of things again.

Hmmm, interesting about the age thing Truthie. I'm a little (ok A lot )past 29 and don't consider myself old, lol. It's definitely a state of mind

I'm just off to the garden centre, still got a bit of sun here although not as warm as it has been, so got to make the most of it while we can.

Hope you all have a good afternoon, see you later

Truthie - you be careful with your summer wardrobe - you know the saying 'Ne'er cast a clout till May be out'!!

Ah Annie, I am still in winter woollies, but I have put in the charity shop bag a few very old t-shirts that were lurking in the back of my cupboard, you know what they say, if you haven't worn something for 6 months, or is it 12, get rid of it. Mind you having said that I still have items that are much older than that which I just can't bring myself to get rid of.

Have a good afternoon at garden centres, shops wherever. Back to the sorting for me - while I am in the mood, after some lunch.

I too am off to the Garden Centre with Debs....see we do do other things together apart from Lee related stuff. I have a 50% off any one plant voucher, so I will be strong and buy just ONE plant, I will let you know how strong I was later...lol

I have stuff in my wardrobe that I keep for posterity reasons, like my size 10 jeans that I weep over from time to time and they are much older than 12 months years old.

Mmmmm its NICE in here like a cosy sittingroom
Thanks for the new thread Kirsten and to Toni for naming it! It reminds me or Richard Bacon's 'Any cream will do' on that Saturday show he did once.

Have a lovely time at the garden centres everyone, this nice weather has certainly brought on a flurry of outdoor activities!

I'm one of the houswork lot except that I haven't don much this morning Have just been enjoying Lee's new tweets as he's been too busy for the last few days to do any.

Cassie I hope your family are all on the mend now.

TRuthie, 'old' is definitely a state of the mind. Right now I feel about 30, i've never really worried about being older. I'm hoping to keep it that way!

Lovely new thread! Hello ladies, whilst you are all busy at the garden centre I'm sitting in my newly built conservatory looking at the garden and thinking about all the hard work that I should be putting in.

Middle son and hubby have just gone to pick up middle sons new motorbike which will give me something else to worry about! 18 year of boys and motorbikes aren't the best combination imo!

Arrghh Stevie, motorbikes, yikes!! Make sure he's careful. The conservatory sounds lovely though.

Looks as if Lee has been Daddy again while Denise is in Dubai I guess she will be home this weekend

Acer, Denise tweeted she will be back Monday. Happy Saturday everyone I'm about to watch the boat race. Housework?, what housework?

Thanks Joem I am not on twitter she is cutting it fine isn't she don't they have to rehearse unless she is arriving early monday

Another lurker putting a toe in the water!!
Sounds like a purposeful day TRuthie I've been into town with DS to order him a tux for proms night. I didn't realise it was so expensive but keep telling myself if he had been a girl then I would have probably spent even more!
I got some euros for Dublin too

It's funny how we rely on their twitters for information isn't it? It would seem weird now if they weren't on twitter, yet towards the beginning neither of them were.

Must admit it is nice to know (even vaguely) what Lee is doing now & then. No idea why it makes me feel happier.

ooooo hello, nice decor in this lounge! just finished my own lounge its in in stone colours with pink candy striped curtains, actually looks totally lush!

I haven't been around much the last few months as house completion christmas eve, move day after crimbo, flat rented out and decorating new house (but I have managed a couple of Lee associated things in between :) , haven't got as far as the garden yet, did stand there this afternoon dismayed at weeds, so whilst you're all buying plants, I'll be buying weed killer

Happy house cleaning, garden DIYing and packing for Dublin ladies

Yes I love Lee's tweets these days.

Wow those protests in London sound scary today. The thought of families heading to West End shows, not nice. I would hate to get caught up in something like that. Some of the theatre tweeters have commented that its calming down now so that is good to hear.

Hi Petrus.

Jazzy - have to admit I changed my plans for this weekend on Tuesday to avoid the WE and I'm really glad I did!!

Oooh oooh! Hello to all lurkers , toe-dippers and old hands!

I am so happy to have my suggested name used for this thread. Thanks guys!

Feeling pretty rubbish with a chest and ear infection, so it has cheered me up. (Doesn't take much!)Looking forward to an M&S meal and watching So you Think You Can Dance on Sky plus later. Hubby up north somewhere with his rugby team.

Good planning Trulee. I didn't even know it was going to happen.

I'm eating Fish 'n' Chips .... 'coz I HATE cooking!

Come on, hips ... take the strain!

Hello everyone. It is nice to see some familiar names & old friends on here.
I haven't had a very productive day.
This morning I had a facial (I know at my age it doesn't help) then had coffee with a friend came home had light lunch & headed off to the shops.
arrived home exhausted with new boots, trousers & 2 new tops I have just ordered a take away Indian & I am going to settle down to watch "So you think you can dance".
See not all of my life is Lee related. Just 90% of it

Seems a nice place this lounge well what have i been up too today went into town and had a coffee with Wooz then met another friend who is so excited about seeing her man tomorrow (Mark from West Life)it was so nice to share her excitement as she listens to my Lee talk without complant...lol
Then went to the garden centre but only bought a Easter Egg for Oscar (my dog)
Now going to enjoy a small chinese x

Helloooo Carol... a tuxedo, he will look so grown up and handsome, has he started to think about some weird and wonderful transport arrangements to get him to the prom. There have been some inspired ones at our local comp. I aim to get my euros on Monday.

The protests in London are really scary. Elder daughter, husband and grandson are up there this evening ... a concert in the O2 - I can't remember the name of the band. I am waiting for a reply to my message to hear if they are OK.

Useless bit of information, but during my sort out, I actually found 2 tops that will go with a pair of dark teal, linen trousers I bought in a sale this week, I love that colour, but a devilish one to match .... result

Will they get an irish airing Ruth? I'm trying to organise hubby since he won't be home till late on Weds. But I'm not doing very well. It's getting quite exciting, although I'm still not convinced about an aeroplane with propellers!

It seems very scary in Central London. I know they've had to cancel a show because the cast can't get there safely. It's a shame because some of the protesters wouldn't've been causing all the hassle.

I think I must of had my head in the sand - what on earth is going on in London?

Just checked BBC news website and now I know. It doesn't look good.

Hi Joan, the facial sounds lovely.

Not good to hear that a show was cancelled today, that's quite rare I think.

Well my OH has just announced that he's been trying to get a plane ticket to Dublin for me but the prices are now sky high (pardon the pun) you can imagine how i'm feeling right now

Truthie, i'd imagine that that colour would go well with brown?

What show was it do we know.

The Kissing Dance

Fanks off to bed for me night all xx

Debbie i'm sure Oscar will love you forever when he gets his pressie.

Carol M
I'm still not convinced about an aeroplane with propellers!

My Flight was so cheap I wonder if it is a Bi-plane, maybe it is the one the Utterly Butterly Wing Walkers use, Hang on a minute there was no extra charge for pre-booked seating!!!! I probably haven't got one and I am being strapped in on top.

Photobucket

I hope nobody minds me posting on here I feel out of it because I have never met any of you personally I can't get to many concerts and you all seem to know each other very well,I will try not to intrude too much

Of course no one minds, that was the whole point of starting this chat thread, my original LMAS Lounge idea was to have a place where anyone can just pop in for a chat, like your lounge at home and not have to worry about it being Off Topic or not Lee related. (and while we are on the subject of lounges, I don't know what yours is like Kirsten but mine is certainly not seedy in the slightest....lol xx Yes acer some of us have met but there are lots of people on here I have never met and only know them though the chatting to them on the forum. So please don't feel in any way not able to join in and share your day to day musings.

Just picturing you wing walking Woozie.
Acer,we don't all know everybody on here. Chat away! That way we will all get to know more people.

Aaaagh Woozie, you've found me out. Shame yellow is not a good colour on me!
The flight will be an experience

Managed to stay awake and watched the boat Race; great victory for Oxford!

Next thing on my sport calanda is the Grand National.

I am slightly worried that this may have some bearing on why my flight to Dublin was so cheap...lol

Please don't click if you don't like swearing...lol

Cheap Flights

I may just be a feckin eejit....lol

(Thanks to the person who Linked or Retweeted it on Twitter sorry I can't remember who)

Woozie that is fantastic so funny do we know which show it was in? I didn't know any of the artists but then I am not an authority on things like that but it was"feckin" good

Woozie, I'm falling off my chair laughing at this .
I am sending it on to my son-in-law who has often raved about 50p flights and tends to fly from Stansted. He's also a fan of Mrs Brown's Boys so don't think he will be offended by the language
I'll watch out for you wing-walking

woozie a friend sent me that link on twitter when I was booking our trip to Dublin.
Very funny

It is nice to see a few lurkers dropping into the new chat lounge.
Have a good day everyone.

It is a Comedy singing trio called Fascinating Aida they have been around in one form or another since the 80's linky thing
I now remember it was Ro who I originally got it from

I keep telling myself it is only 8.30 REALLY!!! but it is no good I better get off here and to do some housework (and you can pipe down Debbie, I don't want any sarcy comments from you when you read this)
I have borrowed a carpet cleaner and a steam cleaner from my daughter so I am going to be the Queen of Steam today.....well that is the plan anyways probably turn out more like The Life of Grime when I I find out just what is lurking in the far of reaches of my place!!!! Now that I am in the mood for a Spring Clean either Spring has finally sprung or I am Pregnant!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10