​​​​​​​

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: White Jeans 22

OK, OK, I know it's late, but just back from a great staff day out, and will be on a special de-crumpling course in the Lakes for a few days, which LOTM has arranged for me. Apparently there are a few new techniques for me to learn!

Joan, I wondered if it was a 'bad taste' party too!

Morning all
Glad that you all had a lovely staff meeting yesterday
I am sure that LOTM was happy for your support.

I think LOTM was out on the razz again last night so I decided to let him have a lie in.

Hi Joan and Ladies
Think the other MM staff are having a weekend off, so I'm holding the fort (or should I say the Manor...whoo hoo)
The LOTM was looking gorgeous yesterday , no dodgy colour co-ordination and the curls were perfection . The 'shoes' look good up close
It was funny yesterday before the mat, a new Pret (think it's Pret?) is opening today at the top of the steps by The Coal Hole, so they were giving out free coffee to advertise. You should have seen some of the LB cast, backroom boys, workers, etc. rushing up the steps for their coffee as the word went round. Think it was the coffee rush, not the gold rush
Enjoy your day everyone

Good Morning Joan, Annie and Ladies. It's in my part of MM and that's only the Another very successful staff meeting/outing, LOTM was on top form yesterday

Annie, it was quite funny once the news got round about the freebies wasn't it. LOTM said he was looking forward to Joan's lunchbox so didn't join in the rush up the steps

Tea on the terrace later everyone?

Afternoon ladies - when did the morning go?
So sorry for being late on duty!
R/L again takes over proceedings! LOL!
Thanks for holding the fort Joan, Annie and Joem...
It was fabulous to see the whole cast back together again yesterday, and boy! oh! boy! did they give it some 'welly'...
Very funny watching the 'freebie' food run before the show too!...
Well I do hope the LOTM found all the clothes I left out for him last night!
otherwise I'm 'seriously' in trouble, and will probably be sharing the 'doghouse' with Shep later LOL!...I don't think our Shep will take too kindly to that either...woof! woof!

I'm away to do some more recovering after the excitement of yesterday...PHEW!
Have a lovely day ladies

Curly Liz
Jazzylou... Errrrrr!!!...ummmmmmm!!!!...
Definitely not his 'Mistress of the Robes' anyway!
You need a purple shirt and 'Friesian cow coloured' (black and white patches) shoes with those trousers don't you????
Never mind though...I'll just have to 'take the Boss under my wing'...and explain the fundamentals of colour co-ordination (amongst other things!) to him LOL!

LOL i'm glad to hear that! I hope he listened although he only needed to undo a couple of buttons and he'd have been ok.

Well Jazzylou this hot weather should encourage LOTM to undo a few buttons.

He has taken a dip in the pool today.
That was er'm interesting.
I mean watching his stroke technique. oh dear I give up. You know exactly what I mean.

Well Joan, my stroke technique is exemplary, I think I should give him a few lessons I can manage a length no problem

What a good idea Jazzylou with your expertise LOTM will be up & down that pool like a the true pro he is.
I am right in saying that develops the chest muscles & gives you extra stamina?
LOTM will need a stamina for his February concerts.

Jazzy what!...only a couple of buttons undone????!
Glad to see you and Joan were kept very busy yesterday...
'By de Pool' ...I take it, the man who cleans the filters, was in again...only I think he left his red uniform behind, unless the item of clothing I found this morning, belongs to...
either of you???

The LOTM is still sleeping at the moment, so I wont disturb him. He needs as much rest as possible before facing a very long, and busy day.

I have left out a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt, (with three buttons undone!) white CK's with blue band top, black socks with blue heels and toes, black designer trainers with white soles, manbag and shades
I'm off into R/L soon...must take in some rays today!
Have a lovely day ladies - it's gonna be a one.

Good morning ladies hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather again today.
At least the LOTM has a day off, and will be able to relax in the sunshine too.
He has given MM Staff the day orf! as well, and says he will sort out his own clothes later...Oh! dear! more tidying up in the wardrobes tomorrow then!...Argh!!!
Have a lovely Sunday everyone

Afternoon (anyone around today), don't think so.
Several MM staff enjoying a bit of time off for a day or two. Enjoy Ladies.
The LOTM was in fine voice yesterday, the top of his hair had a mind of it's own in Act 1, but he'd rectified it by Act 2. Not a bad audience, I decided there were a lot of 'newbies' in. Don't know what was going on backstage, but the LOTM appeared to be stiffling a fit of the giggles just when Warner comes on stage to propose to Elle and then Emmett walks away. Also, when the 'camp hairdresser' goes for his broom in the store cupboard to do his sweeping bit, the broom wasn't there! He was stiffling the giggles too, kept looking to the wings. He just moved all the things around on Paulette's vanity unit instead. Bet they all have a lot of fun at times. Oh, also, Bruiser has certainly lost his voice, I've not heard him 'speak' the last few times I've been.
Think the LOTM's going to enjoy the today

Good morning ladies it's a quick visit to MM today... Things to do, people to see, appointments to keep in R/L
Looks like I have a lot of clearing up to do in the LOTM's wardrobes when I get back though...LOL!
The Boss is still sleeping so I wont disturb him yet.
I have left out a pair of blue jeans, a pink and white fine striped shirt, white CK's, black socks with pink toes and heels, black leather shoes, man bag and shades
Annie...Thanks for the report on your trip to LB on Saturday
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, and have a lovely Monday too.

Good morning ladies it's quite early, and very quiet here in MM so far, so I thought I'd take advantage of the 'peace and quiet' and tidy up the LOTM's wardrobes, before he requires my services!!! ...
in the clothing department!!!
We must make sure everything is perfect for our Boss Nothing left undone 'so to speak'!!! isn't that right Annie? LOL!
I have decided to leave out a pair of black jeans, a damson coloured shirt, black CK's with damson coloured flash down the side, black socks with damson and white checked soles, black leather shoes, black (light weight) jacket, man bag and shades
I'm off into a busy R/L shortly...
Have a lovely Tuesday everyone...

Good morning ladies. I'M BACK!!! What a few days to choose to be away, with so much going on - typical! Thank you to all ladies who have been so busy in my absence.

I'd better get on with my duties, de-crumpling LOTM. I learned a few things on my course in Windermere - I found the bit on de-crumpling when damp especially useful.

Morning Ladies
Curly Liz - lol
A/Liz - Nice to see you back, glad your course was successful. Did the LOTM have a lot of sand on him today, he went to the seaside yesterday . Think he was busy making sand castles for little Betsy..awww.
Enjoy your busy day Ladies

Good morning ladies and welcome back into the fold A/Liz - your course sounded quite
intense at times I'm sure the LOTM will appreciate all those new found skills you now have under your belt!!
It's quite dull and fairly windy in my part of MM this morning, so I think the new
'Indoor Swimming Pool' with added 'Filter Cleaner!!! ... the Boss has agreed to, will come in nice and handy for the boring winter months...Lots of splashing around on the cards!!!
He has also decided to go global today, with his own Web Site. Woo! Hoo! should be fun...
I've left out a pair of blue jeans, a pale blue shirt, blue CK's, black socks with blue heels and toes, black designer trainers with white soles, black light weight jacket, and man bag...
Enjoy Wednesday everyone

Good morning ladies.

LOTM is up early today. He's in the office, poring over the computer, pushing buttons, running his hands through his curls, shouting, "It's supposed to be live!! How do I make it work? The nation is depending on me!" I tried to explain that it's not him personally who makes it go live, but a little techy man somewhere out there in the ether, but he wasn't having it. I think de-crumpling could be a bit difficult today.

ETA: Well, the little techy man did his stuff! LOTM is now sitting back, looking rather pleased with himself (he thinks he did it all on his own ).

What gorgeous pics! Just how photogenic can one man be????

Good morning ladies...
Not seen the LOTM yet! but it's not surprising really - sounds like he was up to some 'tricky moves' yesterday at work! I wonder what secrets he has in store for us on Saturday???
I have left out a pair of black jeans, a red shirt, red CK's with black band top, black socks with red toes and heels, black trainers with red flash, black soft leather jacket, and man bag.
Enjoy Thursday everyone

Good morning ladies. I don't know about you, but it was a bit crowded on the KF last night, where I think most of us ended up after seeing LOTM's new website piccies. So who's a bit stiff this morning?

Yes, I saw he'd been up to something - during 'Whipped into Shape' I believe ......

Good Morning ladies Brrrr! it's much colder today. I think Autumn is upon us with a cold winter wind thrown in for good measure!...
The MM trees are now losing their leaves at a great rate of knots too, so I think it's time to go and sort out some winter clothes for the LOTM

I've just peeped into the Boss's room and all I could hear was him mumbling something about
'dirty pics!' and not remembering the last time he fell in mud' X... ...He then mentioned the 'pics'
on his 'Web Site'...I explained they were 'dream pics' and we all loved them very much... ...but also went on to assure him that they were not 'dirty!' (like in muddy!) as such!...but conveyed a somewhat...Ahem! sexy strong overwhelming delighful! message! to the eyes of the beholder!
He then smiled, winked and said "oooh! I see!...but my clothes were definitely clean for that photo shoot you know!...
'Of course they were Sir!...
Ahem! - don't think I explained that very well!

Well must get on with sorting out the Boss's clothes for today...
I have left out a pair of blue jeans, a dark grey warm (well really) clingy top, black CK's, black socks with red toes and heels, SBB's, black leather jacket, thin dark grey and white striped narrow scarf, and man bag...
Only one more sleep! to go!!! a touch of 'bitter sweet' too though...
Have a lovely Friday ladies

Morning Curly Liz and Ladies
You explained that so well to the LOTM, I'm sure he understood what you were saying . Mud , we'd never let the LOTM go out with muddy clothes would we
Yes, winter woollies required today...oh no,.. don't like it. Still they'll be a heatwave at the Savoy tomorrow so don't fret
I didn't see him around yesterday afternoon, wonder where he went .
Off on a mission now, see you soon

Good morning ladies. Damp and dismal in my corner of MM. LOTM is our ray of sunshine, though!

What's that song - "mud, mud, glorious mud, nothing quite like it for cooling the blood" .... if LOTM was covered in mud, it would do anything but cool our blood!

Oh dear, I see LVM has been up all night, scratching! Should we fumigate the marital sheets, just in case??? (although she says it's not catching!)

Annie, good luck with 'the mission'.

C/Liz, a good job you overhauled LOTM's wardrobe space recently. Elle's Phil's taken him shopping (not sure if it was in a 'DEPARTMENT STORE', but he's got lots of lovely new togs for you to make room for)!

He hasn't had a good day today though, having dropped his cheese & ham croissant (Joan, did you make it - he said it was the best he'd ever had!), then not sure that his gym work-out did him any good though. It would have done us good if we'd been flies on the wall!

It will be very quiet in MM tomorrow. I think the entire staff are going to some show or other. Particle Physics was over-subscribed for once, so we are making do with the staff outing at the theatre. Hope it's not one of those frivolous things with singing, I've no time for them.

Morning Ladies and Visitors
Have we all recovered yet from our time away, wasn't the LOTM fabulous .
He looked gorgeous in that new jacket you bought Curly Liz, good choice .
Think he's having a rest today, looking forward to not working this evening
Bit of a stressful week for several MM staff members this coming week, so sending you all

Good afternoon ladies. Sorry I'm late, I've spent the morning with LOTM, arguing about why he still needs to be de-crumpled, even though he won't be seeing his adoring public for a while. I said he still has standards to maintain, but he just wants to slob out for a while!!! ('his words').

So at the moment, we have a scruffy, unshaven, very rumpled LOTM, still in his silk jimjams, strolling around MM looking for something to eat .....

Morning Ladies
Bit overcast and dreary in my part of MM today.
I haven't seen the LOTM yet this morning, wonder if he's gone on that 6am photoshoot . On the other hand he might still be under the duvet, I haven't dared look , it's not my MM job.
Off into R/L now

Good morning ladies. Annie, what strong willpower you have, not sneaking a peek!

There was a mound under the duvet this morning. However, it wasn't LOTM. It was a couple of pillows, with a note attached saying 'Ha ha! Fooled you!' So goodness knows what he has been up to - although I think he is 'IN THE SHOWER' now. FWTs at the ready ......

'IN THE SHOWER'!! Good job he doesn't have to 'perm' his hair

Oh yes, Annie, everything is just as nature intended! (his curls!!)

Good morning ladies. Getting a big brighter in my corner of MM at the moment - which means that LOTM is awake and is ready for his de-crumple, and from what I can see of him, he is extremely FIT FIT FIT!

As he has a bit of spare time on his hands at the moment he has decided to go for a ride round the estate on Prince - that should be a sight for sore eyes!

In case anyone should be wondering where all the staff are at the moment, quite a few of us have a lot going on in R/L just now, but never fear, we will never neglect LOTM and his needs!

As for any Japanese visitors - you must think we are all completely bonkers (well, it does help!), but you are very welcome to drop in for a slice of and a cup of - or even a if the time is right!

I know I mentioned and earlier - looks like LOTM and Phil liked that idea and have been partaking elsewhere after LOTM's photoshoot! Any of that lovely lemony gateau left????

Lemon gateau all gone Anyone fancy a or two?

Did someone mention
I could do with a glass of if there is one going spare.
It's been a long week for me entertaining our guests.

What ho ladies,
just popping in to say have a wonderful time at your Posh Day Out.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.
xxx

If there's a spare glass of wine, or something sronger, going, I could use it. Received my redundancy letter today, knew it was coming, and I am cool about it - it's early retirement really (well not that early if I'm honest). One of the hardest things will be deleting my Lee pics off my work pooter, but that's going to be one of the last tasks I do

Pull up a chair one and all. Any nibbles to spare in your kitchen Joan?

Ruthie, sorry to hear your news, difficult times we are living in. Oh no, the thought of deleting Lee

We are all looking forward to our PDO. I've got my Tesco bag ready to put things in, I'm wondering if a Primark brown paper carrier might be more upmarket Getting there and back could be a logistical nightmare with hats in boxes plus suitcases, sarnies etc. etc.

Oh Ruthie I am so sorry to hear your news.
It seems like we need more that just the one bottle.

Looks like I've turned up at the right time - as I'm on the cooking sherry!

Ruthie, welcome - help yourself to as much as you like. I'm not redundant but have just been told to cut my working week from 5 days to 3 (no choice in the matter) - plus a tax demand turned up today for underpaid tax (wrong tax code, apparently). It never rains but it pours .... talking of which, another ? Hic!!

Looking forward to the PDO - I wonder if I could flog a few copies of the Big Issue on the way in? I could stand by the gates and carry them in my stripey market carrierbag!

Good morning ladies. A lazy morning for LOTM today, after all that filming yesterday - rumour has it videos on the Embankment!

He did say he might go for a run later, to work off all that lemon cake! Not sure if he's taking to the roads or running on the treadmill in MM's gym though. Hope it's the latter - we can watch him get all hot & sweaty then!

I don't think we'll be seeing much of LOTM tonight. He's away at a posh spa, being wined and dined and spoiled rotten! And so he should be, he needs a bit of R&R!

today is the long awaited PDO
Have a wonderful time.

Sue enjoy the day.
I look forward to hearing all about it.

Yes, ladies - enjoy the day! I hope your assorted carrier bags don't split ( sooo embarrassing) and your well chosen outfits fit in with the locals! Don't want to outshine anybody with your marvellous head- and footgear, do you! Look forward to seeing you all soon and hearing about your latest exploits. xx

Keep yer posh 'ats on ladies I need to hire a room at MM for Minnie's birthday party!
She's (not again ... this is HER first time!)

(I know LOTM can accommodate me but can you?)

Minnie.
I have been slaving away all day getting things ready for you birthday party.
LOTM is letting us have a bottle of his finest to celebrate.

Dear Joan - you surpassed yourself! Thank you SO much

Party celebrations went exceptionally well, but I'm afraid the MM staff disgraced themselves; one bottle of the LOTM best and each one is now comatozed under the table

Minnie has had a wunnerful time and we are having a family outing to see Les Mis for the first time tomorrow night.
Wish us well as it's 2hrs 50mins! Numb bum cheeks are not my idea of a fun night out!

Thanks again

Note to MM Staff: paracetamols are in the bathroom cabinet on the right!
Serves you right - self inflicted - but so very funny!

I am uploading a video onto YouTube of Curly Liz and Another Liz Can-Canning on the LOTM's polished dining room table - it's most amusing, but I'm not sure he will think so!

Good Morning ladies
Firstly belated to the beautiful Minnie Mouse. Glad you had a fabulous time and hope you enjoyed Les Mis
Ruthie, I'm so sorry to hear about your job. How awful to have to delete LOTM from your work pooter. Thank you for your lovely texts over the last few days
Ladies, we had a Staff Meeting yesterday, before returning to the Manor and feel we should explain why we have been absent for a while. The Posh Day Out was actually the Wedding Day of my London son. He has married the youngest daughter of a "real" Lord and Lady, one of the highest aristocratic families in the land. She is the neice of the Duke of Westminster!!.
The marriage took place on her family's fabulous estate in Shropshire and the service took place in the beautiful family church on the land.
It was an amazing day, the sun shone and it all went perfectly. We must own up to partaking of the odd glass of champers but dignity was maintained at all times, well.... apart from once. We have a new Staff Member who Curly Liz had just appointed as Mead Manor's first Elf and Safety Officer. Following her advice about inspecting public loo's every fifteen minutes and having had a slight accident with her tights, she asked another Staff Member to "glide elegantly" at her side en route to the very posh porta loo's in order to hide from public gaze the large hole in her tights. They reached said loo's and as they assended elegantly up the steps she bent her head to check the tights. Her beautiful hat slipped forward over her eyes which obstructed both her and her escorts view. While she was locked firmly in the loo changing her tights the Best Man entered and gently informed the escort that they were in the Gents !!!!! By all accounts it was so posh our two reprebates hadn't noticed the difference The escorting staff member then had to bang on the loo door and shout "..... get a move on, we're in the wrong loo" She then desended the steps and had to conduct a sensible conversation about particle physics with the Best Man while waiting for the Elf and Safety Officer, while he stopped any approaching male from entering. Dignity was almost maintained throughout though I hasten to add

As my Mother in Law has always featured heavily in Mead Manor, laying down the law and telling all of Devon that I am suffering from early onset dementia as I talk a lot about " that curly haired boy who is old enough to be your grandson" and how I am not good enough (even after 40 years) to be married to her son etc, we feel it's right to let you all know that she had a massive stroke last Thursday evening and died in the early hours of Friday morning. We had to delay our departure for hours as you can imagine, with all the phone calls etc that had to be made. Luckily my Aussie son was at home with us and had spoken to her on the phone on Thursday afternoon. He adored his grandmother and was devestated. He then took on the horrible task of telling his brother the sad news when we arrived at the estate. The funeral is this week, so he has delayed his return to Sydney of course but the newlyweds are still going on their honeymoon as planned, as we feel she would have wanted that.
So.... no more locking myself in her downstairs loo to text the WJ's (turn that moble phone off) no more vats of Harveys Bristol Cream sherry will be consumed ( alcohol never touches my lips) and no more lectures in how to conduct my life or what clothes I should wear (jeans are not flattering at your age dear).
I hope you don't mind me sharing this with you but MIL was very much part of life in MM wasn't she.
Thank you to everyone who sent me such lovely messages on Friday.

Lastly, I can't thank my WJ mates enough for sharing the most amazing day with both me, my OH, my son's and our other friends. They travelled long distances with luggage and hat boxes etc and they supported me constantly and I could never have got through everything without them.
They all looked simply beautiful in their fabulous outfits. Thank you so much girls, you were all STARS.
The two OH's that were also there with two Staf Members looked incredible in their full regalia and my OH did me proud.
I hope nobody minds hearing about the most fabulous Staff meeting ever but we really feel we want to share it with you all.
I will try and get on line this week but we are going to be very busy with all the arrangements for MIL
Sending my love to everyone. Without LOTM I would never have met such an incredible, supportive, kind, loving and wonderful gang of mates

Good morning ladies. Can I just say how delightful it was to arrive back in MM to find a party in full swing to celebrate Minnie 's birthday, and how generous it was of LOTM to supply the venue, booze and grub (sorry about dancing on the table, but we were still in party mode and it seemed only natural to carry on!(

As for Sue's PDO, what an experience! There we were, rubbing shoulders with peers of the realm (even if we didn't have a clue who was who! ). I'll never forget Sue leaving the church on his lordship's arm! (a slight millinery malfunction, but we won't go into that! )
Despite the grandness of the venue, it was a lovely family wedding. The bride looked radiant and so happy. She had a beautiful creamy coloured wedding dress, with a long sleeved lace bodice (think Kate & William), topped with a very long, full veil/train which apparently is an heirloom which has been in the family for centuries.

The WJs conducted themselves with dignity at all times (you would expect nothing less . After all, we only had just the one glass of champers (purely for the toasts, of course) (not our fault that that one glass seemed to be permanently filled to the brim!).

Thank you so much, Sue, for inviting us to share your family's special day. It's an experience we will never forget.

(I also wish to thank another staff member for services over and above the call of duty on the morning of the wedding. )

By the way, I'm so pleased we have a new Elf & Safety Officer (E&SO). I've been worried about LOTM's fire extinguisher for a while now - just imagine if it had exploded at an inappropriate moment (or failed to go off when required) - very reassuring to know it will be regularly inspected.

Sue, what a wonderful time we all had on Saturday. It was a lovely, simple, family wedding set in delightful surroundings. The mother of the bridegroom looking stunning in her chosen outfit. The church was filled with flowers and there was the buzz of excitement as we sat waiting for the bride, who, when she arrived, looked beautiful, followed by her young attendants. The love for her husband-to-be shining from her face throughout the ceremony.

Afterwards we strolled up to the house in the sunshine. Now I had only one glass of champers, true!! except it was a bit like the magic porridge pot, however much I drank it didn't become empty the fact that everytime I set it down it was refilled may have had something to do with it, lol.

Everyone was very relaxed, it was lovely to meet some of Sue's NLFs and chat to other guests. Although it was the first time I had met the bride she is obviously kind, caring and well grounded. I foresee a very strong DIL and MIL relationship, who could wish for a better MIL than our Sue

I'm not sure why the porta loo should feature more than once in our reviews of the day but towards the end of the reception, one staff member, who shall remain nameless, felt the 'call of nature' and proceeded to the loo, which instantly proved how portable it was by being towed away in front of her very eyes. She chased after it waving her beautiful hat in the air with cries of "Stop that loo!".

Sue, it was a wonderful day, I felt priviledged to be there. As you said , we have to thank LOTM for bringing us all together in the first place. Meeting you and the WJ girls (and other friends) has brought a whole new meaning to my life

It is sad that you had news of your MIL at such a special time but the joy of London son's wedding day will live with you forever

Morning A/Liz, sorry, I think we've said very similar things (takes me forever to post).

I didn't notice a millinery malfunction can't have been very obvious, Sue must have put it right immediately

I think you were hiding behind a pillar at that moment, Joem. It was only a very momentary wobble!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10